It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer is a CRYBABY!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The name you know as Lucifer appears only once in the KJV of the bible in Isaiah 14:12. It is talking about a king, but is taken as also referring to Satan’s punishment in the end. According to the Strong’s Concordance it means:
“Shining one, morning star, Lucifer”.

Makes him sound impressive.

Christian tradition came to use the Latin word for “morning star”, lucifer, as a proper name for Satan as he was before his fall. This is why Lucifer has become a by-word for Satan in the Church and in popular literature”.

So what is the truth?
Not what they try to mask it as. First off, the beginning letter is a Hebrew “Ha”. Any ten minute Hebrew scholar can tell you it is a prefix meaning “the”. Take the letter off and look up the word. Look the word up in the Strong’s Concordance of the Bible:

Yalal: to howl, make a howling

Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: yalal
Phonetic Spelling: (yaw-lal’)
Short Definition: wail

The name means “the wailer”.

In Isaiah we have the scene of Satan being brought down to be punished. The howler, terrified, angry, and a coward.

As I said before, any ten minute Hebrew scholar could have looked this up and found the word. But no professional seems capable of finding this. Who do these people work for?

Satan is nothing more than a single Malak (Greek..angelos). That’s it nothing more. He has no great powers, he is not in charge of hell, he can’t possess people. The only power he has, comes from the numbers of those who follow him believing his lie and from the religious institutions that have built him up into the demigod of evil.

This needs to end. Spread the word.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So why is he crying? is it because he knows what happens to you? Is it out of weakness? Is it out of love? You leave so much room for interputation that even a believer has questions.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: winterkill

Walter Kenaston

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I should credit "100 Questions You Never Thought to Ask and Didn't Want the Answers To".
For the Hebrew translation

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

He's being brought for execution and the other king's of the world are standing there mocking him.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Lucifer is just a symbolic name for a fallen king but either way it was based on Venus. The wailer makes no sense in the narrative since it's describing a fallen king(fallen star)

To my understanding It's הֵילֵל not ספדן.

I'm bad at this though if you have a picture of the original text so I can look at it to see where you're coming up with what you are saying.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 17-7-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Lucifer means "Bringer of Light" in Latin, not "morning star".

Luci (light) + Fer (bringing)

The name Lucifer was originally used to describe Venus, the title "morning star" (stella matutina) was also used to describe Venus, which is why the names are usually put together in translations.

The reason why "Haylel Ben Shahar" (הילל בן שחר ) in Isaiah 14:12 was translated as "Lucifer son of dawn" is because the son of dawn "Ben Shahar" (הילל בן שחר )" was usually associated with Venus as well.

The name Haylel (הילל H Y L L) is connected to the root word Hallel ( הלל HLL) which means "praise". This name "Haylel" was given to show that he wanted praise which is why in the very next verse it talks about how he said in his heart that he wanted his throne to be above the stars of God.

Lucifer is not called Morning Star in the Bible but only the son of dawn/morning:

Isaiah 14:!2
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Jesus Christ is called The Morning Star in the Bible:

Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

2 Peter 1:19
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and [d]the day star[/d] arise in your hearts:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
All this, only pointing to the fact that Satan is not Lucifer. Satan means the adversary. He is a single angel, and the only power he has is what man gives him. He is the one who is in charge of the world. You want someone to blame for the mess, he's the guy. Creator does not have the legal right to interfere unless we ask him.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You make a very interesting point. Notice that in many OT passages, God says to the unredeemed "Howl, for the Day of the Lord is near". This makes more sense, if you realise that God is making a connection between the unredeemed of fallen man, and fallen Satan, the howler.

S&F. Your assessment seems correct. While Im not yet an expert at hebrew, I can read it and phonetically pronounce the words. It seems that "heilel" in Isaiah is definitley more closely related to 'yalal' than 'halal'. Ofcourse, I do believe both root words are related any ways; 'halal' is a burst of light, whereas 'yalal' is a burst of sound.

'Satan' means accuser, so that makes sense that Satan howls in protest with false accusations.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: winterkill
All this, only pointing to the fact that Satan is not Lucifer. Satan means the adversary. He is a single angel, and the only power he has is what man gives him. He is the one who is in charge of the world. You want someone to blame for the mess, he's the guy. Creator does not have the legal right to interfere unless we ask him.

You have some things correct in the OP the main point being "lucifer" is not a "proper" name it is an adjective describing a "man".Lucifer is NOT satan nor was or is "satan" a "fallen angel or archangel.All of these are extrapolations to fit religious "theory" that have zero foundation in truth.You are correct satan means adversary however it is NOT a "name of a being or entity.The adversary is mans "religious carnal mind" that is in conflict(enmity..an enemy) with the creator God.

A more correct title to this thread could be "satan" is a crybaby....always cyring to the creator God about this being "SATAN" that billions believe is the ruler of this world and the root of all evil.That is only partly correct "satan" the adversary(the religious carnal mind of a person) is where the conflict is.The creator God doesn't eradicate it because it is the weeds(tares) planted in the field with the wheat.When harvest time comes both will be pulled up(weeds first) and separated and the weeds will be burned.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
My own lexicon (Davidson) offers both interpretations.
It is given as one of the words derived from a root meaning "to shine, to boast, to praise".
But he adds that "others take it" as coming from the verb "to lament".
One important qualification; if it comes from that verb, he says, it is the IMPERATIVE form. In other words, other people are being told to lament for the "son of morning".
This would be the same kind of "taunting" lamentation found in Ezekiel ch27 v2 (Tyre) and Revelation ch18 (Babylon).
In Isaiah, in the context, it is being applied to Babylon.

edit on 18-7-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

join