It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Putin's plane might have been the target for Ukrainian missile - sources

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Since several sources confirm Putin wasn't flying that day, the thread has been moved to hoax.

Thank you!

2nd

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: Rosinitiate

What a ridiculous piece of propaganda....
It's from RT.. Putin is in Full PR Mode/Blame shifting.

The thread should be closed..... as a HOAX

Shameful RT propaganda.

Wake up

Here's a start buddy, try actually reading the OP and perhaps you'll take note I don't profess to believe the story.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Since several sources confirm Putin wasn't flying that day, the thread has been moved to hoax.

Sorry man...but "Due Diligence" seems to demand I ask; "What sources?"

I've not seen any...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry y'all...BUT, I asked for this evidence that Putin wasn't flying that day, and y'all have not shown any.

So...hear is the reality (I did my due diligence)

Putin was in Brazil from at least the 14th through the 16th.
on the 14th he participated in the closing ceremonies of the Soccer games (World Cup)...
on the 15th and 16th he attended a BRICS conference...

His busiess in Brazil didn't end until sometime during the day of the 16th...after which he returned to Russia.

Now...given that he was in Moscow in time to receive calls from the US shortly after the MH17 disaster...He absolutely, positively, HAD t be in the air at the time of the shoot-down...further he had to have been in the region at the time as well.

Please note that this is based on the fact that Brasilia, Brazil is a 14 hour flight to Donetsk, Ukraine. IF (big 'IF") Putin left Brasilia shortly after he concluded his business...say around 6pm on the 16th, he would be arbore in the Ukraine area 14 hours later, or about the time MH17 was shot down.

This should be enough to show that this idea is not a hoax!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418
I'm sorry y'all...BUT, I asked for this evidence that Putin wasn't flying that day, and y'all have not shown any.

So...hear is the reality (I did my due diligence)

Putin was in Brazil from at least the 14th through the 16th.
on the 14th he participated in the closing ceremonies of the Soccer games (World Cup)...
on the 15th and 16th he attended a BRICS conference...

His busiess in Brazil didn't end until sometime during the day of the 16th...after which he returned to Russia.

Now...given that he was in Moscow in time to receive calls from the US shortly after the MH17 disaster...He absolutely, positively, HAD t be in the air at the time of the shoot-down...further he had to have been in the region at the time as well.

Please note that this is based on the fact that Brasilia, Brazil is a 14 hour flight to Donetsk, Ukraine. IF (big 'IF") Putin left Brasilia shortly after he concluded his business...say around 6pm on the 16th, he would be arbore in the Ukraine area 14 hours later, or about the time MH17 was shot down.

This should be enough to show that this idea is not a hoax!

Although I don't totally discount this theory, there still is no actual proof and there has been an official denial by Russia.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Although I don't totally discount this theory, there still is no actual proof and there has been an official denial by Russia.

Actual proof of what?!!? That he was flying that day?!!!??

He was, its a fact that can not be denied! There was absolutely, positively, no other way for Putin to get from Brasilia, Brazil to Moscow, Russia except by flying. And, since he was photographed in Brasilia on the 16th, and he was in Moscow on the afternoon / evening of the 17th. Then...logically, he flew there...leaving Brasilia on the afternoon of the 16th...that is at least a 16 hour flight....14 hours to Donetsk...the math is real simple.

Probability would almost seem to demand that he was airborne in the region at the time of the event.

And, by the way...all I'm saying is that he was in the air that day.

edit on 21-7-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

I believe it just acknowledging that Russia has stated he was on the ground when it happened. Of course if they acknowledged he was in the air and there at the time, it would be an act of war by Ukraine. Forcing Russia into a direct war with Ukraine giving reason for NATO assistance. Russia/Putin is smarter than that.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: tanka418

I believe it just acknowledging that Russia has stated he was on the ground when it happened. Of course if they acknowledged he was in the air and there at the time, it would be an act of war by Ukraine. Forcing Russia into a direct war with Ukraine giving reason for NATO assistance. Russia/Putin is smarter than that.

I understand and can accept every bit of that...as I sad; my objection was with the idea that "Putin wasn't flying that day", when obviously, logically, he was.

Done:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: morefiber
OK, lets just assume for a second that Putin's plane did travel that same path 26 minutes before. The Ukrainians fire a missle at it that misses, and then just hangs around flying for 25 minutes in the area until it re-locks on the 777. Anyone want to explain why that would not happen?

M

I think you might have something here because just 15 minutes before this, monkeys flew out of my butt.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Overlooked in this obvious hoax claim is WHY Putin would put his life in danger by flying over a Ukraine war zone. Surely Putin didn't fly TO Brazil via the Ukraine war zone, why would he on his way back...?

This claim, sponsored by RT, was an attempt at confusing the situation by casting several conspiracies out there and hoping some would stick. This one however collapsed under its own absurdity.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Overlooked in this obvious hoax claim is WHY Putin would put his life in danger by flying over a Ukraine war zone. Surely Putin didn't fly TO Brazil via the Ukraine war zone, why would he on his way back...?

This claim, sponsored by RT, was an attempt at confusing the situation by casting several conspiracies out there and hoping some would stick. This one however collapsed under its own absurdity.

So...why, how...is this a hoax?

And you should be aware that Putin would not get any closer than MH17...which should have been far enough away, but, for some odd reason it flew a bit North of the normal track.... Putin would have passed a bit to the south of the Ukraine, but perhaps fly over Crimea.

The "claim" while prolly not so real would be denied anyway for reasons already pointed out. The reality of this and the actual sequencing of event will never be truly known.

I've checked out the probable "paths" that each plane would fly, and I have trouble thinking that any of them would mistake Putin's plane (entering from the south and west) for the air liner entering from the north west. I'm thinking that this may be a true accident, despite the desire for a conspiracy...it's just a confluence of stupidity...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I don't believe anything coming out of the MSM regarding this issue.

US MSM saying it was sophisticated land to air missle that could only be handled by the Russians...

No. What the US MSN had reported (and what President Obama said) is that someone with knowledge of the BUK missile system (the Russians?) probably would have needed to provide training to the rebels for properly using the missile system.

Now, I'm not sure if poor training could result in improper use that could lead to mistakenly targeting a commercial airliner, but that seems plausible.

edit on 7/22/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Now, I'm not sure if poor training could result in improper use that could lead to mistakenly targeting a commercial airliner, but that seems plausible.

It gets even easier when the commercial aircraft isn't where it should be, and is many, many mile North of the usual flight path.

Yes, it appears that MH17 was slightly off course...and in reality, under normal circumstance; it wouldn't matter...

<< 2  3  4   >>

join