It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A crew of British infantry were each given LSD as an experiment. This is what happened

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash
Don't forget the U.S Government did the same experiments on our own troops in the 50's.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
Yeah - and I can't get the movie, "Jacob's Ladder" out of my head, either.
Scary stuff, if you ask me.
What would you do either in or out of a combat situation...if the effects of something like this started manifesting?
I'm pretty sure I would grow terrified that I was losing my mind...or that this world had slipped into another dimension...or...something.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: QuietSpeech

It may relate to the related effects of BZ agent.

3-Quinuclidinyl benzilate

The PNS effects of BZ are essentially side effects that are useful in diagnosis, but incidental to the CNS effects for which the incapacitating agents were developed. These CNS effects include a dose-dependent decrease in the level of consciousness, beginning with drowsiness and progressing through sedation to stupor and coma. The patient is often disoriented to time and place. Disturbances in judgment and insight appear. The patient may abandon socially imposed restraints and resort to vulgar and inappropriate behavior. Perceptual clues may no longer be readily interpretable, and the patient is easily distracted and may have memory loss, most notably short-term memory. In the face of these deficits, the patient still tries to make sense of his environment and will not hesitate to make up answers on the spot to questions that confuse him. Speech becomes slurred and often senseless, and loss of inflection produces a flat, monotonous voice. References become concrete and semiautomatic with colloquialisms, clichés, profanity, and perseveration. Handwriting also deteriorates. Semiautomatic behavior may also include disrobing (perhaps partly because of increased body temperature), mumbling, and phantom behaviors such as constant picking, plucking, or grasping motions ("woolgathering" or carphology).

The Story of the Drug BZ

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Yeah - and I can't get the movie, "Jacob's Ladder" out of my head, either.
Scary stuff, if you ask me.
What would you do either in or out of a combat situation...if the effects of something like this started manifesting?
I'm pretty sure I would grow terrified that I was losing my mind...or that this world had slipped into another dimension...or...something.

Yeah when I posted this I thought the same thing!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is one of the oldest internet videos LOL
Still funny though....

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is beautiful. Am I the only one that sees the brilliance in this?
This is the way we should fight the wars. Mandatory lsd. Attach it to the rifles in a dosage beginning from gripping the weapon. And of course extending it to the control rooms. And the house and senate too. I know most of them like coc aine, but in session they should be trippin. All the way to the whitehouse. They can set down the pipe while in the left wing or something where they too can trip.
Just awesome. Think how much of their mess can be undone this way....just beautiful, really!
edit on 16-7-2014 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Depending on the type and dosage, the drug can make you very aware. In tune with nature, or your surroundings.

You can hear the slightest changes.in the surrounding areas and be more focused, but if you are not used to it, you can go batsh$@ crazy.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

There is a lot out there on what the US Gov did. I remember reading a book many year ago, Acid Dreams, I think was the name, and it covered a lot of the experiments that were done on US agents.

It was common to dose someones cup and then watch and take notes. I do believe there is even a murder conspiracy somewhere over some of what they did, but can't remember the details. It has been a long time since I have read it.

I just went and checked, and that was the name. Here is from Wiki about the book:

Acid Dreams: The Complete Social History of '___': the CIA, the Sixties, and Beyond, originally released as Acid Dreams:
The CIA, '___', and the Sixties Rebellion, is a 1986 non-fiction book by Martin A. Lee and Bruce Shlain.

The book documents the 40-year social history of lysergic acid diethylamide ('___'), beginning with its synthesis by Albert Hofmann of Sandoz Pharmaceuticals in 1938. During the Cold War period of the early 1950s, '___' was tested as an experimental truth drug for interrogation by the United States intelligence and military community.

Psychiatrists also used it to treat depression and schizophrenia. Under the direction of Sidney Gottlieb, the drug was used by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in cooperation with participating "colleges, universities, research foundations, hospitals, clinics, and penal institutions". '___' was tested on "prisoners, mental patients, volunteers, and unsuspecting human subjects"

en.wikipedia.org...

It was a really good book.

edit on 16-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join