It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A crew of British infantry were each given LSD as an experiment. This is what happened

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Fifty minutes after taking the drug, radio communication had become difficult, if not impossible. But the men are still capable of sustained physical effort; however, constructive action was still attempted by those retaining a sense of responsibility despite their physical symptoms. But one hour and ten minutes after taking the drug, with one man climbing a tree to feed the birds, the troop commander gave up, admitting that he could no longer control himself or his men. He himself then relapsed into laughter.

edit on 16-7-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Aye it's an oldie but it still gives me a chuckle.

Probably been posted here a few times in the past though.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I am curious what direction they were going with this, what were they hoping for?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
*walks down to the army recruitment center*

"Join the army serve your county and trip balls" should be there new recruitment line

edit on 16-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech

I am curious what direction they were going with this, what were they hoping for?

A excuse for fun

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They should have given them '___'. Then they would lose their fear of death.

soulwaxer
edit on Wed Jul 16 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
Aye it's an oldie but it still gives me a chuckle.

Probably been posted here a few times in the past though.

Yes,

Its classic, The real version of the ending to the Men who stare at goats.

edit on 16-7-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
They should have given them '___'. Then they would lose their fear of death.

soulwaxer

Yes, but they would also put them selves in the life of the other soldiers, they would have thought about all of the families they would be be destroying. They wouldn't even be able to walk down the street with out following the branching lines of events that every one they pass experience.
edit on Wed Jul 16 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I guess I was under the mistaken impression that threads about psychadelics were prohibited under rule 6.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
I guess I was under the mistaken impression that threads about psychadelics were prohibited under rule 6.

Well the thread isn't directly about the prohibited substance but an experiment undertaken by the British military.

Are Mk Ultra and other CIA operations that used prohibited substances in experiments not discussed here?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ok, the video is funny, but did anyone else think "Why the hell did they let them keep their weapons?"

Seems like that could have ended badly. But I guess if it did, there would not be video of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Well all the post about Marijuana that haven't been closed should void that rule. Plus all the thread about Psychiatric drug which are illegal. You would think the site would get over their unjust prejudice against psychedelics. Psychedelic means mind expansion and isn't this a site about denying ignorance? You would think they would go well together. But I still have a feeling that this thread will be shut down and we will all get warnings about disscussing substances that are completely nontoxic and help a lot of people out, yet in threads all over the site people will still state they are drunk drinking or need a drink, of which the substance they are drinking is highly toxic and ruins millions of lives and is the very embodiment of ignorance. Isn't the society we live in swell?

edit on 16-7-2014 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule
I'm pretty sure it has to do with personal use discussions, as oppose to topics like this, government using people as lab rats. And this site seems to be tolerant, as long as you stay on topic, and not talk about personal use.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So if I want to make a thread about religion and entheogens, it would be alright as long as I don't make a reference to my personal experiences?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech

'___' was researched for several weaponized purposes: make interrogation subjects more compliant, to aid in the hypnotizing/programming of "Manchurian candidates" and, more conventionally, to be sprayed on enemy troops to reduce the enemies combat effectiveness.

There may have been more planned uses but these are the three most common.

ETA: Love how the title doesnt censor it but the post does. Ridiculous.
edit on 16-7-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As to "why" they would undertake such an experiment...
- among other possibilities, they might want to see what 'slipping a mickey' into the enemies water supply might accomplish.

I, likewise, wonder how many unexplained deaths and bizarre behaviors may not be the result of specially formulated hallucinogens slipped into the victim's/culprit's drink or food.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
So if I want to make a thread about religion and entheogens, it would be alright as long as I don't make a reference to my personal experiences?

Just talk about the ones that are not illeagle like anamita mushroom or salvia not the best examples but what I can think of off hand.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
When in doubt, read the rules

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Ok I guess you can't even talk about the leagal ones. None of this makes any sense you can talk about people murduring people or espionage or computer hacking or a myriad or other illegal things and the threads are not closed but hey talk about a certain molecule and your getting banned.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
RPG's and acid... not the smartest thing in the world.

Perhaps they should drop acid in all the war zones and everyone would get along

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join