It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is prayer sacrilegious?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

Text.it is talking to the creator God.Prayer is ALL hearing.

I believe you are right. Praying to God is talking with God. There are many types of praying but edifying God is the most unselfish and loving of all. To me that is what God really wants. A righteous person will never try to bargain with God because actually you have nothing to bring to the table. My own belief is that once you love God then you will understand.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: Rex282

Text.it is talking to the creator God.Prayer is ALL hearing.

I believe you are right. Praying to God is talking with God. There are many types of praying but edifying God is the most unselfish and loving of all. To me that is what God really wants. A righteous person will never try to bargain with God because actually you have nothing to bring to the table. My own belief is that once you love God then you will understand.

unfortunately you misquoted me I wrote

"Talking to the creator God is not prayer...it is talking to the creator God.Prayer is ALL hearing."

I am not trying to get into the semantics of "words".It does not matter one bit what "label" word is put on it is perceiving what it is.Prayer is NOT talking to the creator God..it is "talking"(or substitute your word) TO the creator God.If they answer back it is revelation (prayer).Most times prayer is ALL revelation. Yahoshuas "prayer" in John 17 is not "saying" A prayer…it is prayer..revelation from the creator God the Father. Technically EVERYTHING Yahoshua said was prayer.He clearly stated I do NOTHING of my own all I do I "heard"(listened) from the Father.

I'm a music instructor.The principle of "hearing and listening" is the SOLID core foundation of music.If you can't hear right you can't listen and you can't "play" music regardless of the sound (noise) coming out of the instrument.Many believe they hear but they aren't listening.My main course of action is guiding them on how to "listen" to what they hear…however I can't make them listen to what they hear.The basic principle is the same.Until an instrument is "in tune" it doesn't sound right.Until the player hears what they are listening to(music) it won't sound right.For instance if you playa transposed instrument like a Bb trumpet unless the written music is transposed you can be correct in reading the notes but they will all be "wrong" notes!However if the musician listens they will be able to "know" the notes have not been transposed so they "transpose" to the correct notes….and that's only the beginning!.

Playing music is WAY beyond playing the "correct" notes..and again every action is based on listening.To "hear"(believe) is not enough…..however it is absolutely necessary to HEAR before you can listen(know)…. which means it is coming from another source we"listen to".Prayer…. in a music analogy…. is the composer/conductor guiding the musicians to "perform" their symphony of music.All the musicians must be able to hear but most importantly to LISTEN to the music.If you are even a fraction of a beat ahead or behind the "music" with EVERYONE else it won't "sound" right.(called playing in the pocket).You "listen to the composers composition(they seldom read btw) and their conducting.THEY are the creators of the music you are just the musician playing an instrument.It is THEIR music the musician just gets to "perform it".It is an interaction that is always initiated by the composer/conductor…of course the analogy breaks down in many places however that is the jest.

The creator God is "speaking" to ALL of creation..continuously THROUGH their intuition!That is the receiver. The great confusion is with "instinct" which is the creatures(mans) nature.For most people instinct(religion) overrides intuition.They obfuscate hearing for listening…hearing is not "evil" in and of itself.It is just not "enough" and on it's own causes chaos…survival of the fittest….the nature of man(religion).Listening (intuition by revelation) causes "harmony".It only takes a little intuition to "know" there is very little harmony in the world.Most of mankind lives by instinct/religion and the multitude of causes and effects of it are chaos.Fortunately they are all being sorted out with the creation completely unawares of how or even why.(whole other concept)

In others words Yahoshua was not "teaching" anybody anything.I know this from experience because it is impossible.I can only proclaim and state what I know.When that "harmonizes" with my student then they have listened and are able to "do".I did NOTHING to teach them they only heard and listened then did.Prayer is the catalyst to EVERYTHING because prayer is hearing through intuition NOT instinct but BY listening to what is right and works THEN doing it without the left hand knowing what the right hand is doing.

That is the process of the narrow way and straight gate Yahoshua spoke of.ALL of mankind(the many are called) are ON the wide road on"their path(their Belief System religion).It leads to the wide gate of destruction that is serving 2 main purposes.Believing is hearing(very necessary) however that "Belief System" that everything is believed "through" must be destroyed(abandoned usually one doctrine of a MULTITUDE at a time) before it can listen because when things are only heard through instinct they are false…they are "self serving" so they "appear" to be correct.When instinct turns to intuition it listens to "reason"…things that are correct.
This is NOT a method of "religion in the least it is effectively the "destruction" of religion false belief of instinct…however it was a necessary step in the process(that is never complete). Religion is the "root" of mans nature.Everything grows from it(a field of weeds/tares mixed with wheat!!. When it is just "uprooted' the man is dead…which is not necessarily bad.

The creator God has begun the process of uprooting in some of mankind, the main ones were the disciples of Yahoshua(the few are chosen).They were the first fruitS of the first fruit seed….Yahoshua.They eventually "heard" directly from the Father and not through Yahoshua the man although then it was through "Yahoshua" Yahweh(the creator God) IS salvation/deliverance..from hades….the realm of death and imperception…imperception is mans Belief System religion.Even the greatest known sages (Buddha Gandhi etc) were not delivered from it.They just taught what eventually (or already was) a "herd" religion. Contrary to popular "belief" Yahoshua NEVER taught a religion nor started nor is the leader of one.He came to destroy religion ...ironically through one that is attributed to him..and he knew this.

There was a very good reason that most things he said could not be pinned down YET billions try to.They BELIEVE he was teaching a "new religion" or morality and ethics when in fact he wasn't.It wasn't that what he said was "incorrect" it was his hearers couldn't listen because it was not "given" to them to KNOW like it was the disciples.That is hearing and not listening.Fortunately ALL of mankind will come to hear and listen to the creator God.That is the deliverance from imperception (hades) which will occur AFTER the deliverance form the realm of death and unfortunately you have to die first…Thank God!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
thank you to everyone who has taken part in this discussion. It has been quite interesting.

I agree that proper prayer isn't sacrilegious but improper prayer, like asking for change, is.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Prayer is for asking God to help YOU to become more at peace with HIS will.

"THY kingdom come, THY will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven"

In addition to this, prayer is also for reflection on your own doings and needs and God can help you with that. Is it wrong to pray for help finding inner depths of strength to deal with your daily reality? Is it wrong to ask forgiveness?

So many people think that the only reason people pray is to ask God to do things for you like give you that pony you never got when you were 5.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower
thank you to everyone who has taken part in this discussion. It has been quite interesting.

I agree that proper prayer isn't sacrilegious but improper prayer, like asking for change, is.

I would say that it's not necessarily sacrilegious to ask for something to be changed in some cases either. Is it wrong to pray for someone to be healed or have a difficult situation resolved in their life? Yes, it will happen in God's own time and in a manner of His choosing, but it never hurts to let Him know that you care and are thinking about others and sending them your best wishes and wanting Him to be with them in their hours of need.

Prayer is just one expression of love, and that is one of His deepest commandments.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join