It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Incest is no longer a taboo,' says Australian judge Garry Neilson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

We should be better than a species that is ruled by its genitals and lascivious nature.

Hence my post about collapsed civilizations.
Civilization is all about rules.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Why? Why does it seem evil to you? Do you have a logical argument to provide?

It seems pretty clear to me that the reason it's a taboo is to prevent degenerate offspring. Take that out of the equation, and it's simply two consensual adults choosing who to have sex with.

There's no harm whatsoever.

I don't understand why someone wants to believe this is an "evil"?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Why? Why does it seem evil to you? Do you have a logical argument to provide?

Because I personally believe that abortion is murder, so the claim that people should feel free to engage in a self-gratifying activity that is known to be genetically unsafe because any problems can be aborted away is evil. No one "needs" to have sex with their sister or daughter or mother, so I see nothing positive coming from the ending of an incest taboo, and a lot of negatives resulting instead.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I find the rape accusation in the case to be the most disturbing. I think that people that throw that word around should get first hand education on what rape is. I often imagine that after this life we will find ourselves back home on the otherside and learn that we have been fornicating with ourselves and spiritual family without realeyesing it. It would be a trip to die and find out that your real sister on the otherside was your wife here on earth and you were all just on a futuristic family vacation that only lasted a few hours on the otherside but lasted a lifetime on this side.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I thought that might be the case, and there's nothing I can do to sway your belief here.

I think there's enough human beings around, and see abortion as a public good, but don't expect anyone to have their mind changed on the issue.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If the people who are against this based on the bible...why?

I mean after all, aren't we all the children of incest...Adam and Eve had children...and who did those children have sex with, in order to create more children? Who else but brothers and sisters.

I am also against incest...but who cares what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home..doesn't affect me one bit.

But isn't the OP about a brother raping his sister...that is wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Gross

Lol
Reason #5438 why I'll never go to Australia.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There is optional abortion and contraceptives are available, and many royal families have stayed within the bloodline but even so, doesn't mean its right.
On the other hand, think on this - all Europeans, or Americans of European descent share common DNA with Charlemagne, just a thought

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Okay for the most part I was only joking but in all honesty people are attracted to each other. Like it or not we are animals.

To think we are above or below other animals is ludicrous.

Sure we are more intelligent than most aniimals but that doesn't mean we don't have instinct. Some of our actions are quite primitive.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
My sister and I would make a perfect couple. We already hate each other.

I think this is a rather lame attempt to cast a not so fine eye on gays. Weak.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

But isn't the OP about a brother raping his sister…that is wrong.

The issue at hand was that the brother had pled guilty to statutory rape for having sex with his sister when she was 10 and he was 17, but not guilty to having sex with her when she was 18. The judge excluded the evidence of his guilty plea from the second trial, and that's when his comments came out -- saying that it was a different matter, as they were both of the age of consent, she had had two prior sexual relationships with other men, and she was currently not in a relationship, so the only thing "wrong" was the incest angle.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

Dude, we're in the animal kingdom, but our brains obviously have evolved to being much more self-aware, and capable of reasoning passed instinctual desires.

People who have issues with primal drives end up as rapists, murderers, drug addicts, and so on... most of us do well to keep our primal instincts at bay.

Do you see orgies out in public? No, because we have culture, and higher reasoning to keep us chill.

You're essentially calling for pure hedonism. If it feels good, then do it. That's just idiotic.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

So you are anti-gay?

And you think your sister is ugly?

Hmmmm.....

Edit - never mind. I take it you're pro gay but not attracted to your sister.
edit on 15-7-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

originally posted by: intrepid

So you are anti-gay?

Not at all. Just look at the premise in the OP. Incest, polygamy, etc mentioned alongside homosexuality. This stuff is easy to smell.

And you think your sister is ugly?

Hmmmm.....

I didn't say she is ugly. She sure is a total bitch though.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification..

To the bible thumpers...are we not all the children of incest.

If you believe the book of myths....then only 2 people existed at first...then they had children who also had children..etc.

So logically, the children of Adam and Eve..had intimate relationships with one another..and so did their kids...cousins..etc.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

originally posted by: Fylgje
Absolutely disgusting. How could family members do this to each other? This judge has some serious mental problems. No wait! Moral problems. Maybe he is dating his sister or something??? There has to be a root to his sickening mentality. Also, he needs to be drug-tested immediately and have a psych evaluation.

Whatever. It's innocent. Read something besides the bible.

??? Incest is not innocent. And I'm not religious. You don't think about sex when looking at a child or family member unless you are a perverted, mentally ill person.

Never thought that I would ever see people condoning incest. How bizarre. Just totally shaking my head right now
edit on 15-7-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Not at all. Just look at the premise in the OP. Incest, polygamy, etc mentioned alongside homosexuality. This stuff is easy to smell.

The judge (who does not appear to be "anti-gay") is the one who made the statement that incest laws may be as obsolete as laws against sodomy and homosexuality are, not me. I added the polygamy angle because I'm curious to see what possible objection anyone who doesn't think that marriage is "one man, one woman" can have to it.

Give me credit for not asking why a person can't marry their dog

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Ya know, I don't have a problem with polygamy either. If anyone is stupid enough to want to be married to more than one person, knock yourself out. I don't want to hear all your whining about the excessive problems though.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I'm just wondering how humans behave when they're not being influenced by religion etc.

Cue the banjo music.

"banjo music" should not be associated with incest. It makes no sense at all. One could say "cue the fiesta music" or the many other types of music out there.

(post by minusinfinity removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join