It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Incest is no longer a taboo,' says Australian judge Garry Neilson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I'm just wondering how humans behave when they're not being influenced by religion etc.

Cue the banjo music.

"banjo music" should not be associated with incest. It makes no sense at all. One could say "cue the fiesta music" or the many other types of music out there.

The reference is to inbreeding like the banjo kid's supposed to be in Deliverance. It makes sense.

ETA:

edit on 15-7-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

??? Incest is not innocent. And I'm not religious. You don't think about sex when looking at a child or family member unless you are a perverted, mentally ill person.

How the hell does this concern you what others do? It's wrong in many of our eyes....but if they are consenting adults..it is and never will be our problem.

(post by Fylgje removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I'm just wondering how humans behave when they're not being influenced by religion etc.

Cue the banjo music.

"banjo music" should not be associated with incest. It makes no sense at all. One could say "cue the fiesta music" or the many other types of music out there.

The reference is to inbreeding like the banjo kid's supposed to be in Deliverance. It makes sense.

Oh! Because a Hollywood movie said so. wow. Maybe rap could be linked to incest, too? Or how 'bout Frank Sinatra? It's against the culture here in the Appalachia's to inbreed. I'm sure that it has went on about everywhere, but no culture in America that I know of embraces it. I know a lot of banjo-playing people who'd I'd like to see you say something like that in front of.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

??? Incest is not innocent. And I'm not religious. You don't think about sex when looking at a child or family member unless you are a perverted, mentally ill person.

How the hell does this concern you what others do? It's wrong in many of our eyes....but if they are consenting adults..it is and never will be our problem.

I think it's everybodys problem when you see a movement that embraces incest.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I know a lot of banjo-playing people who'd I'd like to see you say something like that in front of.

I wouldn't. It would kill me to waste the 2 hours it would take to explain it.

Banjo's huge where I'm from too. You're getting bent because of an analogy.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

My point is we are animals. Most people would screw anything that comes near

Speak for yourself. Are we, as humans, really looking to the lowest common denominator to justify what is acceptable? I thought we were the more intelligent species.

I find the idea detestable, and sign of human regression. What two people want to do is their own business, but don't expect me to accept it as normal.

Lighten up sex is sex and in my opinion if it's consenting then who cares?

Sex is sex, until someone is having an inbred baby. Then sex isn't just sex. Don't pretend there aren't consequences or responsibilities involved.

I'm tellin' ya, people aren't right in the head.
edit on 15-7-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I know a lot of banjo-playing people who'd I'd like to see you say something like that in front of.

I wouldn't. It would kill me to waste the 2 hours it would take to explain it.

Banjo's huge where I'm from too. You're getting bent because of an analogy.

Nice joke insinuating that people who play banjo are dumb. wow. This keeps getting better.
I'm not "bent", I'm just denying ignorance, sir. There's no way you would ever be able to explain to me why incest is okay. Not in two hours, not ever. But hey, go incest all you want. It's your "right". I guess.

*I still think this is a joke just for shock value...

And I don't understand why I got a post removed for a "manners violation". Is there a place that I can ask why? I don't understand
edit on 15-7-2014 by Fylgje because: to add a question

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid the kind of polygamy where these really old guys are forcing 14 year old girls(who are cut off from the world) to marry them...that is not right at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Incest is gross. Anyone who tries to justify its practice is just as sick as someone who practices it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

That's pedophilia, not polygamy.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

What about now that we have the means to regulate having children? We've got contraceptives and abortions, so why the taboo? If you have a natural urge, and are willing to do what it takes not to have children, up to abortions if it must be, whats' the harm? There is none, at that point.

Tell that to the aborted child.....

God Bless,

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: adjensen

Why? Why does it seem evil to you? Do you have a logical argument to provide?

It seems pretty clear to me that the reason it's a taboo is to prevent degenerate offspring. Take that out of the equation, and it's simply two consensual adults choosing who to have sex with.

There's no harm whatsoever.

I don't understand why someone wants to believe this is an "evil"?

Because it's f'n gross and TOTALLY wrong. I'm the oldest, my sister the youngest. I half raised her. Hell, I changed her diapers. If anyone can't see why that's wrong I can't help you.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

How about you show your 'lots of banjo-playing people' this thread, and they can explain it to you.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I tend to agree with you on this. While highly immoral by anyone's standards...I dont believe its something that could or should be considered illegal. Unless of course, laws broken involving rape, coercion, and age (pedophilia) are broken.

There are a lot of things in this world that are immoral...but not completely illegal. Maybe they should be....?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen

...The judge went on to say that incest is only criminalised because of the high chance that any resulting offspring will be born with serious birth defects, but added that “even that (risk) falls away to an extent (because) there is such ease of contraception and readily access to abortion”. Well, here's a rather outrageous perspective, though one that is not surprising in this day and age. In a trial of a man accused of raping his sister, Neilson suggested that, because the woman was 18, if the relationship was consensual, it was wrong only because of what Neilson viewed as the antiquated laws against incest.

...As outrageous as Neilson's comments are, they are less shocking than they would have been ten years ago, and I wonder if they will be shocking, at all, ten years from now?

5% of the Population is Gay...Will Gay People ever stop pushing their Agenda?

originally posted by: Lipton
I have been wondering about some possible impacts that could occur when homosexual marriage it federally recognized (it is an undeniable outcome). Recently, perhaps over the last 10 years, I have seen an increase in the support that other sexual fringe elements have been receiving; including relationships between an adult and a minor, inter-species sexual relationships, bigamy/multiple-partner relationships and inter-familial relationships. A google search of each topic listed will show how the MSM is priming the propaganda pump and testing the waters on each of these topics to see which one will be the next civil rights battle.

I hate to say I told you so, but....

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

See? I told you so. Backhanded crap against gays.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Backhanded crap against gays.

It's tied to the "gay agenda" because the judge in question made that inference in his statement that laws against incest were antiquated, just as laws against sodomy or gay marriage once were.

Unless you think that he's the one with an anti-gay stance, you're barking up the wrong tree. The discussion here is whether incest is right or wrong and whether the state has a purpose in banning it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Lipton

See? I told you so. Backhanded crap against gays.

Nothing backhanded about my statement. I'm merely pointing out the inevitable outcome.

Fringe sexual groups will be riding the coat tails of homosexuals for the foreseeable future.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Thanks for linking that clip, just to digress from the topic, the boy in the film is still alive...56yo still living in Georgia.

And No, he aint no inbreed. ! And he cant play the banjo
www.youtube.com...

I caint play no banjo eeter!!.

Interesting movie from the wild 70s...squeal like a piggy, boy!!
Great script.
So thats what Anjol looks like with a Moustachey. Who would have known??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join