It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ilkley Moor Alien Photo – Was it a Fake?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The story that the insurance man claimed it was him on a bike with a briefcase is interesting. I took a biker and played with the picture, should have used a distance one this is to close, but the angle a rider leans on a bike going down hill is consistent with the object.

It also could be he was heading uphill.
Important to remember things are not usually what they seem in a really bad photo.

edit on 13-7-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
looks like a little dark skinned boy in a very blurry and pixelated image..

nothing indicate it is something beyond normalcy

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Honestly, this looks like the creature from the movie E.T. and unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, it seems to be smiling!
Sorry.. But I have to go with hoax.
edit on 14-7-2014 by Beowolfs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The thing that's throwing everybody off is that it has a (very) roughly humanoid form, although it looks more like the Elephant Man than either a well-formed alien or a human being. To me, it appears to be a construction of sticks propped up to resemble a little green man -- "head" and "left arm" all one piece, and several other pieces leaning against each other to provide a bit of stability. There is the suggestion that there may be other pieces partially hidden by the bush on the left.

It also occurs to me that it could be a calf or a shorn sheep (the "eyes" being the ears of the animal), as that area is known to be grazing land.

It would be nice to get a decent, high-definition scan of the original image. But as my mother used to say, "People in hell want ice water, too."

edit on 14-7-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The short stubby legs , the elongated arm , torso is non-uniform. Looks like a poorly constructed make shift dummy to look like little green men. And why are peole just taking the photographers word for it ? Poor light conditions taken in the dark. Odds are it is a Hoax.

Of course I could be wrong after all people seem to hold bipedal life forms to human like specifications. Say ET in said photo is just that and they jusy evolved to have really long arms and stubby legs. Its plausible, I take it with a grain of salt. If this is the best photo of ET the UK has to offer I am dissapoint.

The head look like the alien from the Dr Reed alien he shot and put in his freezer "a hoax"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe we are being visited, actually I know we are but The court is out on this one.

edit on 14-7-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Always had a soft spot for this particular case. I personally think its most likely genuine... but ultimately we cant say yea or nay really.

The one thing that has always gotten me though is the interesting fact the aliens in this encounter are oddly similar to the ones from the Hopkinsvile encounter from nearly 30 years earlier. Or at the very least they share a familiar shape, and its a form that doesnt show up all that much in UFO encounters. I always hope that should their really be aliens out their visiting us, its really is this lot... they seem 'nice' i guess you could say or at the least benigne, compared to the standard 'grey' type people profess to encounter.

Places like the English Moors are strange locations, theres just something about them that makes a human unnerved, as if deep down you know theres something not right with the place.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Recent article with further info and hypnosis transcript:

THE 1987 ILKLEY MOOR ALIEN PHOTOGRAPH

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I have placed this back into the "grey basket" with a low probability of anything ever coming of it.

Good to see that other people use ATS as a resource though with a link to this thread given.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join