It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask any question you want about Physics

page: 201
<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone
Inertial Frame Decoupling

Ask and ye shall receive!

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This might be more of a "fun" question but do you see an "anime universe" existing in a multiverse?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Tom how much do you think it would cost to run a Podkletnov-like experiement with a hollow cylinder instead of a flat plate?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Sounds like he got it through the 'telegraph' game.
Even Einstein has been accused of assigning specific ideas to "Mach's conjecture" as he called it, which Mach himself may not have intended. Einstein is not the only one with his own twist on Mach's ideas and there are numerous others which is why I say it's not clear what someone means exactly when they refer to Mach's hypothesis; it's not precisely defined.

Woodward's idea has its own name, the Woodward effect which the linked patent attempts to utilize to transiently change the mass of an object. An extension of the idea can result in a propulsion concept but by now that patent has probably expired and I'm not aware of any working devices ever made to propel a craft as the patent suggests.

a reply to: Nochzwei
Are you talking about the purple streak due to charge spill in the camera's image sensor? We already explained that as a sensor artifact, not light bending. I didn't see any other "bending" of light in your signature video aside from that artifact, which does not actually show light bending.

originally posted by: Tajlakz
a reply to: Jukiodone
Inertial Frame Decoupling

Ask and ye shall receive!
I can't prove a negative so I can't prove what that guy is saying is wrong, however lots of people tell lots of stories and I'm pretty sure they aren't all true. Maybe some are, but without proof, how does one determine which claims are false and which claims are true?

edit on 20151029 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Oh I'm totally agnostic about the whole tale. Jukiodone wanted to know more about the two methods Bedlam was referring to, so I figured he'd be interested. ('that guy' is Bedlam btw)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
ETA: Besides do you not see bending of light in the Ark Video in the thread in my signature?
a reply to: mbkennel

Simply put.... NO...

see about 20 posts on previous pages as to why

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

lots of people tell lots of stories and I'm pretty sure they aren't all true. Maybe some are, but without proof, how does one determine which claims are false and which claims are true?

That's the fun bit surely....?
I rather like the format but get that it cant be discussed in this type of thread so

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Purple streak, you explanation is only an excuse.
Image of the box getting skewed out of proportion.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433

ETA: Besides do you not see bending of light in the Ark Video in the thread in my signature?
a reply to: mbkennel

Simply put.... NO...

see about 20 posts on previous pages as to why
All flimsy excuses from your side, im afraid

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Purple streak, you explanation is only an excuse.
Image of the box getting skewed out of proportion.
So is it your contention then that you'd see the purple streak with the naked eye, without the camera?

What about the similar streak shown in the video of the car headlights? Are you saying you'd also see that streak without the camera? Did you watch that video?

It's a camera artifact in both cases. Simple way to test that: rotate the camera slightly. Charge spill image sensor artifact should rotate with the rotation of the image sensor. So rotating the camera 20 degrees should show purple streak at 70 degrees angle with the ground instead of 90 degrees. If the streak of light was really coming from the machine at 90 degree angle from the ground, then it will stay at 90 degrees angle from the ground regardless of camera rotation.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Funny, very funny.

More probable is 100% ignorance from your side... both Arbitrageur and I have given you a wealth of information, and you have chosen, repeatedly, to ignore it in order to prop up your own view. You also refuse to actually do any research. Or answer any questions with anything quantitive...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Double post - please delete
edit on 29-10-2015 by ErosA433 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
well take a cubicle box, put some lights on it, take a video and show me replication of what you see in the video, image distortion of the box and purple steak getting stronger wrt time and purple streak bending. time to put your money where your mouth is.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433

Funny, very funny.

More probable is 100% ignorance from your side... both Arbitrageur and I have given you a wealth of information, and you have chosen, repeatedly, to ignore it in order to prop up your own view. You also refuse to actually do any research. Or answer any questions with anything quantitive...
Know ye not that, engineers are seldom wrong and they do ardent research as well with whatever resources are there at their disposal.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

well take a cubicle box, put some lights on it, take a video and show me replication of what you see in the video, image distortion of the box and purple steak getting stronger wrt time and purple streak bending. time to put your money where your mouth is.
Time for you to put your reading comprehension and memory retention to work so I don't have to repeat myself. I already explained that image sensors are not all created equal. Some cameras have electronics to suppress such artifacts and I haven't seen those artifacts yet on my camera but I haven't had it long either.

The color can depend on a number of factors but the streak is often not the same color as the original light source for various reasons. Besides Eros already showed you the headlights with the similar effect and you still haven't answered my question if you'd expect to see that streak with the headlights or "the ark" without the camera, but just viewing with naked eye. So to repeat, do you think you could see either streak without the camera? What about this green streak, do you think you could see this without a camera?

www-rohan.sdsu.edu...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Thanks a bunch, I just wanted some one to clarify to me what is Terrils rotation and how it is tied to SR. Wiki pages were too complicated for me to pin point the connection and meaning. I guess I will have to ask else where.
The rest of what you have said in that reply I already knew.

thank you.

edit on 29-10-2015 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hombre, instead of armchair typing, replicate the expt and show me all the effects, including anti gravity, that you see in the video, you may use your mobile camera if you wish. my cheap mobile camera cannot produce any streaks. besides in that video, how would i know if you can see the streaks with the naked eye or not?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Hombre, instead of armchair typing, replicate the expt and show me all the effects, including anti gravity, that you see in the video, you may use your mobile camera if you wish. my cheap mobile camera cannot produce any streaks. besides in that video, how would i know if you can see the streaks with the naked eye or not?

Or you could do what any scientist would do which is perform your own experiments, provide proof of your own concepts/ideas... and don't claim you have already done it, posting someone else's videos, not knowing anything about the equipment they are using and then claiming it to be better than at least 4 examples given to you here is like i said, getting very old. then following with a 'oh its so simple do it yourself' when you haven't even shown anything that is remotely claimable as evidence to anyone who isn't in play school still.

An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence, what you have provided is neither extraordinary or convincing. You clearly do not understand how CCDs work in cameras in the same way as the moon hoax claimants claim that seeing no stars in the sky is because its faked.... rather than actually knowing anything at all about photography.

SO lets see you do some of these experiments... get your cheap camera, get your candles and show us some video evidence of all these effects.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Lol. You are playng ping pong now. I have told you to make good on all your excuses and replicate that video. I have at least succeeded with the candles. Go on put your money where your mouth is and stop being an armchair claimant.
a reply to: ErosA433

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I have, already looked at more than candles over a distance much greater than 2 meters. Done the candle test also, found nothing significant that could be caused by lensing. There is no ping pong match... just the balls hitting the floor on your side and you not bothering to acknowledge it.

Armchair claimant haha, pretty funny man... you know I work at SNOLAB right? Armchair science is not what I do

top topics

<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join