It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say goodbye to Mecca (Ka'ba)......ISIS threat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Looks like ISIS is going to directly target Mecca at some point. They have made good on all their other threats so who is to say they won't on this one. Now if Mecca is leveled as they have done to other holy sites, what type of world reaction do you think this would garner?

ISIS is leaving a path of destroyed churches, shrines and mosques in its wake as it storms across Syria and Iraq, and has even set its sights on Mecca -- Islam's holiest site.

The message from ISIS:

"By Allah's leave our sheikh al-Baghdadi led Mecca stone for those who worship (pilgrims) will kill you and God ' I will tear down the Ka'ba, the place of worship,” the alleged ISIS militant said on the social media site, according to reports from Turkish media adding that those of the Islamic faith should not be worshipping 'stones.'"

Source
edit on 7/10/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/10/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Theyd find the entire muslim world against them if they moved on or destroyed mecca.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
ISIS is looking like the army of a Muslim version of the Antichrist.

I wish I knew what (or who) is behind it all.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Looks like ISIS is going to directly target Mecca at some point.

Well .. from what I'm reading ... that would make sense for them to try to do that. Didn't Muhammad go around smashing up things like that as well? I highly doubt the Sauds will allow it to happen. Mecca brings in a ton of money and it's a very big distraction for the people. If Mecca was gone, then the people wouldn't be distracted and they'd see what a mess is going on over there. The House of Saud won't let that happen. IMHO

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So they wanted Jihad huh?

They should be careful of what they wish for.

They might just get it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I fully believe they could and likely will do it. They have taken all the other areas by surprise and with a large force. While some may try to stop them, I don't think, if they are intent on destroying Mecca, that anyone could stop them.

They have already leveled 10 shrines, and by level I mean placed explosives in and around the shrines and set it off so they are piles of rubble.

The destruction of at least 10 ancient Shia shrines in Iraq has enraged the Shia government in Baghdad, as well as the Iranian regime, also Shia.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Some people don't know what that little black stone actually symbolizes, thus leading to worshipping just a rock without knowing the true essence. Kinda like what I see occurring right now as I sit, just a bunch of monkey see monkey do, not knowing the real essence of one, and that's what irritates me.
"the disbelievers"

edit on JulX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well, Fox News is late to the party...by 10 days...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

This makes me sad, and angry. I'm not a religious individual, but i absolutely despise any destruction of ancient architecture and sites.

ISIS will not make it to Mecca, even though there were purported plans of driving over the Saudi Arabian border. They would experience extreme resistance if they tried. The only way they could do it, would be with sleeper cells and clandestine bombings...let's hope for the sake of history...and humanity...that ISIS is defeated swiftly and is rendered unable to continue in their despicable acts against humankind and its history.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yeah, I read about that last night, I didn't know it had been done before

In the early 10th century, the extremist Shia group known as the Qarmatis raided Mecca, burned the Ka'ba, and carried off the famous Black Stone as an idolatrous relic,” Ernst said. “They believed that other Muslims would realize the folly of the pilgrimage. When people kept going to Mecca anyway, the Qarmatis finally parted with the Black Stone for an immense ransom.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Destroying the Kaaba is completely different to destroying Shia holy sites though. If ISIS goes for Mecca, they would effectively be declaring war with the entire Muslim world.

Even though ISIS is considered to have upwards of $500 million (the US government presumes close to $2 billion), i still doubt their ability to make it to Mecca. Saudi Arabia would have the backing of pretty much every Muslim country, and could probably hold off ISIS as a result. The only way i see it happening, is if ISIS utilises sleeper cells (which they have done so in the past).
edit on 10-7-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Looks like ISIS is going to directly target Mecca at some point. They have made good on all their other threats so who is to say they won't on this one. Now if Mecca is leveled as they have done to other holy sites, what type of world reaction do you think this would garner?

ISIS is leaving a path of destroyed churches, shrines and mosques in its wake as it storms across Syria and Iraq, and has even set its sights on Mecca -- Islam's holiest site.

The message from ISIS:

"By Allah's leave our sheikh al-Baghdadi led Mecca stone for those who worship (pilgrims) will kill you and God ' I will tear down the Ka'ba, the place of worship,” the alleged ISIS militant said on the social media site, according to reports from Turkish media adding that those of the Islamic faith should not be worshipping 'stones.'"

Source

There are estimated 1.5 billion muslims worldwide and if ISIS was to attack Mecca , they would find out that the muslims don't contsent to their actions . In fact at the moment most muslims hate what ISIS are doing . I suppose it is expected that ISIS acts the way it does , ISIS is obviously an intelligence services run operation .

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The house of Saud would sooner nerve gas the lot of them than let them get to 100 miles of mecca.
They would literally do anything in their power to prevent mecca being so much as touched-and to hell with international outcry if they happened to kill a few 100/0 civilians in the process.

It would be a similar situation to if Isis were in the USA and nearing capitol hill or the WH...all the dirty tricks would come out and to hell with any innocents in the way-the US gov would scorch the very earth to prevent such builings be taken over by Isis.

Isis may want to take out Mecca-but don't forget they said they were pushing for Baghdad a week or two back-and that ain't happened.
They want their black flag to hang over the whole planet...well I want to win three euro millions lottery tickets on the same day-and I think I have more chance of that than "planet Isis."

Crazy mofos with loud voices they may be,global dominators they are not IMO.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The Hajj is at the beginning of October.

I wonder if they are thinking of destroying it beforehand or during or after the event.

Each option would have unthinkable consequences....globally.

ISIS is an enigma, bearing the face of Islamic Extremism yet displaying all the traits of our friends from the alphabet agencies.

Weird.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
The Hajj is at the beginning of October.

Good point. It's very porous over there at that time period. ISIS could easily slip through. And considering ISIS had no trouble executing Muslims who 'aren't muslim enough', there is nothing stopping them from destroying Mecca along with the pilgrims on HAJ. According to ISIS, those pilgrims are in error for worshipping a meteorite ... so I'd think ISIS would have no trouble killing them off along with the site.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
ISIS run around killing civilians, who actually believes they are going to defeat a well funded army? These morons can dream all they want but they haven't won a significant battle yet, slaughtering unarmed civilians is not winning a war. Maybe they should attack the biggest Shia nation in the world and see how they are fairing afterwards... I actually dare them because it would be suicide. They hate them so much, are on their door step and turn their attention to Mecca? Blowing hot wind I think...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
ISIS is pretty much left to talking. We all know what is going to happen here. ISIS and the Sunni's had a brief alliance of convience. The Sunnis hoped for suprise to topple Baghdad and force regime change. Once that failed and It had to go over to the defensive the Sunnis and ISIS are at each others throats. They will start fighting sooner or later. And Iraq will still be devided into 3 parts while ISIS hangs out around the border and in Syria.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It is just odd the black stone meteorite goddess worship and ISIS.

That earliest temples contained a sacred stone, probably a meteorite, some say it was stolen.

Seriously though, what does this look like to you?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That just proves they're not genuine Muslims.
What a perplex move from these terrorists...

First, the Wahhabis have been trying hard to destroy islam and any progressive interpretation of Islam.
Now we have this mysterious terror group working against Muslims.

ISIS is a dream for whoever likes to see islam destroyed.

edit on 10-7-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
It is just odd the black stone meteorite goddess worship and ISIS.

That earliest temples contained a sacred stone, probably a meteorite, some say it was stolen.

Seriously though, what does this look like to you?

A metal prison toilet.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I guess the worst Isis could do would be to attempt to get a dirty bomb to go off at mecca-but I doubt they would get anywhere near-the saudis are rabid about security of their sacred meterorite,and radiological materials are easier to spot than other bomb components..

The irony is that saudi is where it all stems from,they are the spreaders of fanatisism,the funders of the madrassas,the financial sponsors of most funamentalist islamic groups on the planet.
On 9/11 fifteen of the nineteen hijackers were citizens of guess where?
Yep.Saudi.
Now their blood crazed ideology has grown,like a cancer,and is threatening their own territory and their most holy shrine..

More irony-If Isis do attack Saudi,whats the betting the west comes to help Saudi-as we are all good trading buddies after all.

The world is completley tits up at the moment,and its all accelerating.
Not good at all IMO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join