It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. American vows to never return

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
For those who know me I have proudly served with honor as both soldier and police officer within the U.S. I am a U.S. American who lives abroad and I used to be proud of being an American but not anymore. NOT ANYMORE! "You can have it". The ENTIRE U.S. government needs to be taken down, its laws banished, the Constitution rewritten, new laws with proper "check and balances" put in place designed to control government and its military. Checks and balances that can easily remove any government employee including the president of the United States within days of being caught of his/her illegal activity.

Due to my north American accent I am easily singled out and asked where do I come from. You know what I tell people? I come from Canada. I know the U.S. loves to make jokes and pick on their northern neighbor but not the Europeans and the rest of the world. For every illegal act the Canadian government has committed in the past, is nothing compared to what the U.S. does on a daily basis around the world. Often I consider walking into the nearest U.S. Consulate to burn my passport and tell them that I no longer what to be an American but I am not aware of what happens to retirement pay and benefits that I worked my ass off for and deserve.

A second civil war is coming. Prepare for war on U.S. soil because it is coming. America needs to be reminded that they must learn to get along with others and stop bullying other countries. The entire U.S. government needs to be replaced and I hope it will be soon otherwise the American people will lose everything. Do you know the difference between Hitler and his dictatorship and OBAMA'S dictatorship? Hitler did very well in feeding the people and finding work for every GERMAN (not the foreigners) during a time of a severe economic depression. When the U.S. went into economic depression they could not and did not do that. I know my grandfather use to tell me about it and how awful it was watching people dying of starvation on the streets. I do not support what Hitler did and I do not support what OBAMA does either...... actually OBAMA does NOT take care of the American people which can be seen by the homeless living on the streets and its high unemployment and this is the 21st century! When we take a look at the millions who died under Hitler's dictatorship and all the killing the U.S. has done around the world in the last 50 years you can see a comparison between the two dictators. OBAMA making laws without Congress and Hitler making his own laws - what is the difference? NONE. Now lets not get into a debate over Hitler - I hate what he did but I also hate what the U.S. government has been doing as well. Think about the silly wars we have been involved in - and it was none of our business! Were our shores invaded? Did some government drop thousands of bombs in the U.S. (don't bring up Hawaii in the 40'S because that is the only war I supported - U.S. vs Japan) and that is all we should have been involved with - fight Japan due to their attack upon Pearl Harbor BUT without nuclear bombs!

Just think how much better off we Americans would be if our government would concentrate on our problems at home instead of sticking its nose into other countries and its governments. Think of the money that would be available for health care, for the Veterans Administration, for the homeless, new jobs, quality of life and and and......

I do not need your U.S. patriotic speeches - been hearing those lies for five decades. Looking for the truth? Take a drive from the U.S. east coast to the west coast ...... then lets talk.

edit on 10-7-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Bye.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Good luck bud....I tend to agree with much of what you have to say......

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Relax .. now that your away from the cesspool you can have a life ..

As to burning your passport unless you hold dual citizenship and can work to earn a living not recommended as youd lose your pensions .. it happened to a few people I know ..

Most places unless you have the typical american attitude the locals will treat you ok ..

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Good luck bud....I tend to agree with much of what you have to say......

Your avatar sums it up as well. Another U.S. conspiracy and we all know who is behind it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Relax .. now that your away from the cesspool you can have a life ..

As to burning your passport unless you hold dual citizenship and can work to earn a living not recommended as youd lose your pensions .. it happened to a few people I know ..

Most places unless you have the typical american attitude the locals will treat you ok ..

Thanks for your post.

I am currently receiving my pension as a police officer and have been told if I cancel my U.S. citizenship - there goes my pension and this is the ONLY reason why I still carry that blue passport.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Welcome .. then hang onto your passport rather than throw away your pension ..

take advantage of the currency exchange rates in your area if its in your favour and build up a local bank account with it .. most places if you get money from atm it will save ypu alot in moneychanger fees or wire transfer fees since usually just pay atm fee .. know people in thailand and vietnam who do that .

Some even set up small businesses or restaraunts depending where they are ..

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Just wanted to say thanks and that I agree with you but don't burn your passport. I've lived abroad for the past 2 years and know what its like when you tell anyone you're from the US. You get that look and while I've never had any problems, I do always ask every person I meet what they think of Americans.

Suffice it to say they're not all big fans. When I say "they" I mean, the rest of the world. I know as much as agree that the entire government has to be rinsed of the #, rebuilt, from the ground up and have MUCH shorter term limits on a presidency! At least for a few rounds, after that, when the system begins to take hold, increase by miniscule amounts over time.

Most of the people I talk to from the States just get pissed and start running the old stars and stripes bs that never really held any water to begin with IMHO all the time missing the fact that the rest of the planet finds this diatribe played out and laughable at this point.

Whether or not you ever change your mind and want to return home, you'll be glad you didn't burn anything. I know I miss the mountains and all the hiking, fishing and camping I used to do but, living in Thailand has its benefits too.

I've done the, "Me?? Ha ha... I'm from Canada" thing as well and it always seems to go over quicker and with less pressure it seems... No statistics on that just a strong feeling I always get.
Good luck fellow traveler!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: spookysully

Thanks for you post. So you do the Canadian bit too?

Many Americans will not understand us because they are blind and have been lied to so often and for so long they now believe those lies. They can have all the pride they want but that does not put food on the table or pay the bills and when more and more see they can no longer feed their families and pay their bills they may start to look as to why but by then it will be too late.

Travel and live abroad - you learn a lot - you see things with a new set of eyes.

Truly I miss America - I too love the hunting and fishing in the states and the country side. Riding horses in open the country. It makes you feel like a free man! But I can also do those things where I am at.

I am forced to keep my citizenship because I can not afford to lose my pension PLUS I am not rich and live month to month like many of you do and I am too old to start a new career.

edit on 10-7-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
S&F from me before the puppets show up and bomb the thread. Good luck and your never to old to start a fresh man.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
S&F from me before the puppets show up and bomb the thread. Good luck and your never to old to start a fresh man.

Thanks for your post.

Soon U.S. will be waking up and going online to ATS - I expect hate post any minute now.

Thanks for the advice.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."
-Hillary Clinton

Irony, huh?

I feel your frustration.

SnF

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."
-Hillary Clinton

Irony, huh?

I feel your frustration.

SnF

Thanks for your post. It is time to stand up. Let 20 to 30 million men and women march on to Washington D.C. and camp out on the white house lawn. I wonder if that would do anything? Probably not.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There are probably a ton of Britons who feel the same way about Britain.

Do you think we like going, "Hi, I'm from England...just in case you were wondering."?

Not something you want to shout from the church steeples exactly.

Most ex-pat Brits never return - except to visit.

Like a zoo.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
There are probably a ton of Britons who feel the same way about Britain.

Do you think we like going, "Hi, I'm from England...just in case you were wondering."?

Not something you want to shout from the church steeples exactly.

Most ex-pat Brits never return - except to visit.

Like a zoo.

I love England! Love the accent, the ladies and the horse races!

God save the Queen.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Hello,
As a Canadian it kind of warms my heart a little to hear you say that you tell people you're from Canada.
I have just 'cyber-adopted' you as a cousin, so now it's less of a lie, lol.

To help, may I offer some advice?
Be super polite, lots of 'please' and 'thank-you's'.
If you say you're from Toronto, we pronounce it "Toronna"...not sure why, but we do.

In general, we don't hate on anybody.
It's not that I'm a flag-waving proud Canadian...more like grateful to have been born here.
As bad as my life has been at times....there are people elsewhere who have it so much worse.

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I agree with some of your points and your general sentiment. While I do and always will love my country, the thought has crossed my mind to leave. I just feel that the US is becoming a place that I do not want my children to grow up in any more. It could be all of the doom and gloom news that I expose myself to every day, but I just feel like there is a major s**t storm coming sooner rather than later. Could be another financial crisis, civil war, race war, or a combination of all those things. Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me to "get out".

My wife's occupation would allow us to immigrate to several countries fairly easy because it falls on their needed skills list. I've actually started researching Australia and New Zealand and they look like decent places to live for quality of life. Yes, there are negatives just like any country and it would be very hard to leave the rest of our family, but the positives seem to be out-weighing the negatives more with each passing day. Not sure if we will ever take that leap, but it is definitely on my mind.

I would like to hear from more ATS'ers that were in my position and DID take the leap to move out. Where are you now? How is your experience? What are the positives? The negatives? Do you regret your decision?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

thats the beauty of leaving the country...you will find so many expats who feel the same...i have left the country 3 times to live abroad and every time i came back i regretted it. America is overrated. Id argue the only major benefit it has over most other countries is opportunity but im finding many other countries are just begging for new business ideas ...hell you don't have to reinvent the wheel..just steal and American business idea and bring it over to some place that doesn't have it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Obama and the PTB have changed the prevailing attitudes in the US in order to facilitate the implementation of Agenda 21 and the NWO. I understand where you are coming from, but while I despise our Government I still love my country. Instead of essentially giving up and leaving we should be fighting to take it back.
edit on 2014/7/10 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Hello,
As a Canadian it kind of warms my heart a little to hear you say that you tell people you're from Canada.
I have just 'cyber-adopted' you as a cousin, so now it's less of a lie, lol.

To help, may I offer some advice?
Be super polite, lots of 'please' and 'thank-you's'.
If you say you're from Toronto, we pronounce it "Toronna"...not sure why, but we do.

In general, we don't hate on anybody.
It's not that I'm a flag-waving proud Canadian...more like grateful to have been born here.
As bad as my life has been at times....there are people elsewhere who have it so much worse.

jacygirl

Thanks you for your post and for the advice!

Go Canada!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join