It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
Good thing i moved from the US...its going to happen eventually...and with it will be the last of any ones rights. The terrorists won...just in a different way.

But globally this stuff could be sold and used anywhere...except Japan...what bastard would give that country more radiation.

Agreed. This will be the straw that breaks the camels back. It will be the excuse needed to lock us down. And that's why the powers are letting all of this happen.

link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Not me. I'm not dealing with those Cartel types.

Maybe Australia/New Zealand though?

link   
Really this is just a side thought prompted by some comments here.

I thought WMDs included nuclear, chemical, and biological, weapons If that's the case, why do some people continue to think there were no WMDs in Saddam's Iraq?

This was from 2006

WASHINGTON – The United States has found 500 chemical weapons in Iraq since 2003, and more weapons of mass destruction are likely to be uncovered, two Republican lawmakers said Wednesday.

"We have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, chemical weapons," Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., said in a quickly called press conference late Wednesday afternoon.

Reading from a declassified portion of a report by the National Ground Intelligence Center, a Defense Department intelligence unit, Santorum said: "Since 2003, coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent. Despite many efforts to locate and destroy Iraq's pre-Gulf War chemical munitions, filled and unfilled pre-Gulf War chemical munitions are assessed to still exist."

Why is there such insistence on ignoring facts? Is it simply because some haven't figured out how to get the "Bush lied" bumper stickers off their cars? Is it because they have to keep saying it to be accepted by their friends? Why is it so important to deny truth in this case?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
How far will Muslim extremists go if they do want to make a nuke?

You cannot 'make a nuke' with what they stole. You would need cascading centrifuges and various other expensive apparatus to produce weapons grade uranium.

A dirty bomb, while very bad, is the best they can hope to achieve.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Didn't isis threaten to wipe out Rome/Vatican city recently?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is just another move in making all of us in the west more ascared of the big bad terrorists then we previously were.

If we're afraid, then we can be controlled.

(See Patriot Act)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

It's not like the terrorist stole an actual nuke. They raided a university and stole its nuclear compounds.

The chemical weapons on the other hand Iraq was always known to have. The US didn't invade Iraq over chemical weapons cuz if that were the case Syria would have been raided long ago.

They raided a University and stole its nuclear compounds...

And what, nobody thinks they didn't steal the talent to use it?

The students studying the compounds are just as dangerous... and you can guarantee that as merciless as these animals are, they will find the expertise needed to make a real bomb.

All we can hope for is that whomever they find, will "take one for the team", and be courageous enough to say "NO, F-YOU AND THE CAMEL YOU RODE IN ON!"

I can't imagine what will happen otherwise. With threats of destroying Mecca and moving into other countries, we're staring down the biblical barrel of a loaded gun with a group that has an itchy trigger finger.

~Namaste
edit on 9-7-2014 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Obviously it's gonna be very hard & expensive but he questions still stands, how far will they go?

They already have the money, now they have some key ingredients.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

You're missing the point completely, do you know the west once accused Iraq of trying to build a "super gun", before all this WMD crap? It's just fancy words moulded to fit anything that's needed, and of course, the excuse all along, was to invade Iraq, no-one cared how.

edit on 9-7-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

He did lie. He knows he lied. His excuse is blaming it on bad intel. He even joked about not finding WMDs.

The world was well aware of Iraq's chemical weapons. The world sold Iraq the weapons. The US didn't invade in the 90s when they had the chance. It was just a lame excuse in 03.

edit on 9-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I wonder when this happened. The bad guys have been on their way for weeks. Why didn't someone think about securing the material in another place.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Dear Swills,

I'm really going to need your help sorting this out.

If he had bad intel and believed it, then he didn't lie. Are you prepared to offer evidence that he was told that there were no Nuclear, Chemical, or Biological weapons, and that he truly believed there were none, but told everyone there was? I wouldn't want to try to prove that.

Now,

The world was well aware of his chemical weapons. The world sold Iraq the weapons.
This makes no sense to me. The world was well aware of his WMDs, the world sold Iraq the WMDs, but Iraq didn't have any WMDs?

What?????

Or are you saying that nerve gas and other chemical and biological weapons aren't really WMD's?

The US didn't invade in the 90s when they had the chance. It was just a lame excuse in 03.
So the blame is really Clinton's for not invading in the 1990's? This whole Middle-east mess is because of Clinton? Why did it become lame between 1999 and 2003? What changed? Saddam still had the WMDs, the US had been attacked, Congress approved the invasion, what made it lame?

Sorry, I don't understand much of your post, would you explain it to me, please?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Iraq acceded to the Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear Material on Monday, said the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The convention requires states to protect nuclear facilities and material in peaceful domestic use, storage and transport.

They're supposed too.

A lot elements could be at play. The university didn't follow protocol. People associated with the university could be sympathetic to the extremist. Who knows.

To find out we need more info, like where the university is located & who controls that area right now.

Terrorists have been reigning death & destruction for years but now more than ever these materials should have been transported out or heavily guarded/locked away.

We need more details but it all stinks to high heaven.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Iraq acceded to the Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear Material on Monday, said the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The convention requires states to protect nuclear facilities and material in peaceful domestic use, storage and transport.

They're supposed too.

A lot elements could be at play. The university didn't follow protocol. People associated with the university could be sympathetic to the extremist. Who knows.

To find out we need more info, like where the university is located & who controls that area right now.

Terrorists have been reigning death & destruction for years but now more than ever these materials should have been transported out or heavily guarded/locked away.

I agree.

How did our intelligence community and military not have eyes on this.

The only thing that comes to mind is that they did have eyes on it and ALLOWED it.

There's no way we would allow them to waltz in and take nuclear material, especially in light of the WMD "oops" in the first place. Same thing with allowing them to build a $2 billion war chest to fund their operations by selling off antiquities on the black market.

The more I look at the propaganda coming out of our news outlets, the more I'm convinced that there is another agenda at work.

~Namaste

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

People associated with the university could be sympathetic to the extremist

I would put my money on that one. This seems to be the way the world works now.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I really do not want to school you on anything. I'm on my mobile & posting is a pain in the butt. You're clearly well versed on the topic. But to help you out bad human intel was given & from it the invasion was green lighted.

If you're not familiar who sold Iraq chemical weapons just look it up. Many nations are guilty. Yes chemical weapons are considered WMDs but as I said Iraq always had them and no invasion was lead. But I'm sure you know Iraqs history of inspection and weapon disarmament & sanctions.

I'm sorry. The lost opportunity of the 90s I spoke of was Operation Desert Storm. That's a George Bush led war.

I assume we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Thank you Obama....

Des

Obama is leading ISIS? If you want to place the blame for Iraq you are complaining about the wrong person because he didn't sign the paperwork to withdraw the troops. Let's see who did sign those papers?

Oh yeah him.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Reading more on this I learn that the area is indeed controlled by ISIS & the Sunnis.

www.ibtimes.com...

a letter to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon obtained by Reuters on Wednesday, Iraq's U.N. Ambassador Mohamed Ali Alhakim said insurgents in Iraq have taken nuclear material from Mosul University.

While Alhakim did not specify which group seized the stockpiles, the city of Mosul was taken over by a Sunni extremist group, Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in June. Since then they have taken over several other cities in the country.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Withdrawing the troops? How about sending them there in the first place?

Clearly destabilizing the country was the way to go?

Iraq the terrorist hell hole of 2014 has been brought to you by the US invasion of 2003.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

They're supposed too.

These radicals didn't just hop in their auto cannon mounted Toyotas and go for a terror joy ride, they planned it for a long time and had insurgents placed long beforehand making lists, bribing tribal leaders, infiltrating all levels of society. They admitted as much as concerns Baghdad which they are in the process of assaulting. The university was on their shopping list for sure, so it can be assumed they had people inside.
The scary part is they probably have just as many long laid out plans for this nuclear material and all the other dangerous stuff they are rounding up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join