It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media blackout of Israel offensive WHY?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Watching the news yesterday during the air strikes they said that there not allowed to give locations of targets hit and that they were being silenced. I suppose now that one side had an advantage of gathering intel from the news. Why have all reports been silenced? Are we really at the point where they have worldwide power to silence something like this or is the whole thing non existant?

I am asserting that hamas was using media coverage to track where there missles hit and that an effort to silence the media has helped quell the violence.
edit on 9-7-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

From what I've seen this has been covered by many large MSM outfits like the New York Times, Washington Post and many others. It's been prominent on the Drudgereport as well.

If you mean television "news" reports then I have no idea since I haven't watched TV for many years.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Because they own the American Media.

They paid good money for our minds.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Plenty of news about it on UK mainstream media, also on Voice of Russia radio, RT, Al-Jazeera...I watch/listen to quite a few sources as a matter of course, which news outlets are you limiting yourself to so you can assert there is a media blackout?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Obviously because it's not war, it's Genocide, which is OFFICIALLY backed by the British and US Govs.

They can't report that! Lol

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'd say its because the MSM is owned by jewish interests that support Israel's genocidal policy towards the Palestinians.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If you'd like a sensible reply for a change ?

You may just as well say left a bit, a touch more fuel next time. These aren't sophisticated rockets.

Cody

edit on 9/7/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Have no idea what you are talking about. I have seen reports of the attacks even on my local news stations.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599 Well i did hear yesterday that one of them rockets made it quite far.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm seeing plenty of reports on the tube.
If it's played 24hours a day people are going to get pissed off and if the don't show enough people are going to get pissed off its a no win situation.

The more I think about it why do people want to see it anyway? Is it to satisfy some kind of sick blood lust?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The statement i heard while watching fox news at two yesterday was the reporter there said he was not able to say much because of a media blackout. You can say what you want but most people watch cable news and the whole thing is either not happening over there or is silenced. I'm thinking it has to do with the cable news reports aiding hamas but i do not know much. I can say that it also seems strangely quite on the ats front. There were talks yesterday of a ground offensive and i feel lke that is happening but not reported. any links you peeps give i say thank you up front here.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone yea that's the reason and now we should just ban all bad news!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I'm seeing plenty of reports on the tube.
If it's played 24hours a day people are going to get pissed off and if the don't show enough people are going to get pissed off its a no win situation.

The more I think about it why do people want to see it anyway? Is it to satisfy some kind of sick blood lust?

I've often wondered the same thing. Why do people want to see the carnage of war? It's one thing if it's a movie but in real life it's quite horrific.

Don't wish for things you may regret.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: thesaneone yea that's the reason and now we should just ban all bad news!

Nobody is banning news the reports are there now if your talking about a live reporter following the military around then the answer is obvious they don't want their location blown.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The statement i heard while watching fox news

Haha, that explains your dramatic media blackout assertions!
If that is your only source of news then you must miss quite a lot of what is actually going on in the world...lol again.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

any links you peeps give i say thank you up front here.

Ha Aretz

It's the site I use to keep up

My kids let me know what's going on in real time

Cody

edit on 9/7/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Nobody is banning news the reports are there now if your talking about a live reporter following the military around then the answer is obvious they don't want their location blown.
bs you are just speculation. I seen and heard what i asked about. they specificaly talked about a ban on the media. If you search google for isreal ground offensive madia black out then you will see this has been the case many times.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What has got little play is the retaliation of the 3 murdered Israeli teens that resulted in a Palestinian teen being murdered by being lit on fire .

Israel is not a lawful society. Not just the government but also the population the government conditioned to not feel guilty about murdered Palestinians. These children from Israel are going to grow up believing that brutal treatment of non-Jews is acceptable. They hate everyone that is not Jewish and now this new generation actually believes only Jews are entitled to rights and fair treatment.

LINK

The current conflict IS getting coverage but only to slant it in Israel's favour once again to justify murder.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

The statement i heard while watching fox news

Haha, that explains your dramatic media blackout assertions!

If that is your only source of news then you must miss quite a lot of what is actually going on in the world...lol again.

lol it is real funny to not know the facts. it is the cable news outfits that have been silenced because of the ability to recieve the broadcast with just a dish and box from just about anywhere in the world.

I am asserting that hamas was using media coverage to track where there missles hit and that an effort to silence the media has helped quell the violence.
edit on 9-7-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If you do not like Israel it is because the Zionist control the media. If you do like Israel it is because the media is anti-semitic.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join