It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media blackout of Israel offensive WHY?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: deadeyedick
The statement i heard while watching fox news

Haha, that explains your dramatic media blackout assertions!
If that is your only source of news then you must miss quite a lot of what is actually going on in the world...lol again.

Actually FOX is one of the biggest Israeli supporters on the air.

OP
Usually when there is a black out like Israel not giving reports that usually means Israel is doing something they don't want others to know about. War crimes, crimes against humanity the usual fare for Israel when it comes to the Palestinians.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
It is a choice for an overwhelming majority of people in developed nations to obtain facts solely from cable news.
Internet enabled phones, free wifi at mc'deaths, library computers etc. If your topic was a question asking for links to news about the Israel situation I would have ignored it wondering why you just didn't 'Google' it. But then after your assertion of a media blackout, which you determined after only watching Fox news, I couldn't help but find your assertion amusing, and possibly tragic, that you didn't use any search engine at all to establish if others were reporting it before shouting claiming media blackout.
You may choose to rely solely on what Fox news says as 'the world situation' but I do not, s'all.
No insult intended, just blunt debate.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand OK so you say that the reporter was talking bs when he said they were under a media blackout? That is just fine but does not negate the fact that it is happening. Show me some live coverage and that will prove your point .

edit on 9-7-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What point do I have to prove?
I stated that it is your own free choice to make, regarding sources of world news.
I also suggested how easy it is to check one news source against countless others.
You asserted 'media blackout' after watching a single news broadcast on Fox news, and I found that amusing as because you are posting on ATS you have a world of news sources to have a read through before starting a topic with a bold assertion.
...I can't see anything I need to prove about anything I've contributed to this thread, certainly no wild assertions from me posted here.

*Edit*
Apologies, just found a wild assertion from myself:

It is a choice for an overwhelming majority of people in developed nations to obtain facts solely from cable news.

...I do not know that an overwhelming majority of people in developed nations obtain their facts solely from cable news.
I only know that whatever the news source it is a choice for an overwhelming majority of people in developed nations to restrict themselves to a single source.
edit on 9-7-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The statement i heard while watching fox news

Hereafter everything you say is suspect. On ATS and actually watching Fox news? Do you know where you are?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yeah, cause everyone knows the Palestinians are innocent virgins.

lol

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

lol

I watch CNN...not so much because you get accurate news...there is just less spinning than Fox or MSNBC. I used to flip between fox and msnbc to get both views and finally had to stop to preserve my sanity.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Which is worse... To launch rockets at your enemy?... Or to launch rockets at your enemy and retreat to hide out surrounded by women and children?

If Israel chooses to retaliate it will be a propaganda victory for Hamas and others. They can't do it without killing innocents.... That is what Israel is most afraid of.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Anything on the American news medias will be pro-Israel in nature. The reason for the blackout is because the Israelis know that there will be an even bigger backlash against their actions of genocide. Too many people looking the other way. Time to put them under a microscope, if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There are plenty of reports coming out.
They are all the same few "approved" clips and they make sure to explain that this is killing bad terrorists in retaliation...
So there is no blackout, but there is.
Everybody should be able to see just what is taking place there, it would probably change some minds.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Genocide eh? So in a near future there will be no Palestinians left? Well...that would be one way to bring peace to the area.

Unfortunately that is an ignorant statement. In Jerusalem as well as other Israeli cities Palestinians and Jews live next to each other... there is significant intermingling of the two except in places that are wholly Palestinian.

Nice distortion. Pretty much like saying that all Palestinians are committing genocide on the Jews in Israel. Bigoted statement much?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

True. Neither side are blameless, neither side is innocent.

I watched an interview of a man whose eldest son suicide bombed a bus some years back. He was proud of him and hoped his other children would follow in their brothers steps. That (as a father, myself) is about the sickest thing I have ever seen. Makes you wonder why the dad didnt do the same thing to set the example for his children, then perhaps his kids may have a chance at a normal life.

There are Jew haters and there are Arab type haters and neither will ever have an open mind on the subject. They will lap up every detail that supports their position and ignore or shout down anything that does not.

Both are idiots.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Media blackouts of all the battles being fought around the world if you pay attention. People are being butchered in Ukraine....minimal news. Still being slaughtered in Iraq, Libya, and Syria....no news. Just a scrolling line at the bottom of a newscast occasionally. People are being murdered all around the world courtesy of our tax dollars. From Israel to Ukraine.
edit on 9-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
There are plenty of reports coming out.

They are all the same few "approved" clips and they make sure to explain that this is killing bad terrorists in retaliation...

So there is no blackout, but there is.

Everybody should be able to see just what is taking place there, it would probably change some minds.
True i think black out does not define and what i heard was that the u.n. has placed restrictions on the coverage. yes i was watching fox and it was during sheperds hour yesterday but i do not have a dvr.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Nothing new with Israel.

Remember the blackout during Lebanon? NYT Slammed for Honoring Israeli Govt Gag Orders

And during Freedom Flotilla incident? News Agencies Call On Israel To Lift Media Blackout On Gaza Flotilla Attack

Many believe they black it out until they can be sure only their controlled version gets the most coverage. SOP for a lot of countries, not just Israel, but they are notorious for it.

From 2002: Israel's news blackout criticised

They are also notorious for ignoring UN sanctions.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
different radio stations in Canada have been parroting this all day, I am on the road a lot so I listen to a lot of radio.
edit on 9-7-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Maybe where you live but here its all over the radio

Ps im in canada two. Right now im in fort st. John working and its on every radio station here
edit on 39714p33909 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i guess you haven't watched megan kelly today.

hey, 40,000 ground troops might be on their way in to gaza.

that was on fox.

we'll see, i guess.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

That was also on CNN.

Specifically the report was: the ok was given to bring up 40k from reserves (activate) and that the Israelis may add troops to help quell the launching of rockets into Jerusalem and other cities.

Interestingly enough, there was a brief discussion about 60% of the Israeli population being in bomb shelters at one point. Specifically how would the US react if over 200 million of our population had to run to bomb shelters due to rocket attacks. What would the population of the US demand the govt do about it?

When you consider that, Israel's response has been rather measured, I believe.

edit on 10-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm watching sky news now about the build up of Israelie tanks on the boarder

The officer the reporter is talking to looks pissed by the q's he's being asked

And he just said they ring or knock on the roof of the buildings their targeting so that civilians can get out?

edit on 10 7 2014 by Thefarmer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join