It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change as a cover for using the weather as a weapon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Ok so here is an idea I thought could only be fleshed out in the skunk works forum.

I was just going through a thread about a possible cat 5 Typhoon about to pass over Japan and lamenting how unlucky they were as a nation to not be able to catch a break. This is the thread if you guys are interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I mean earthquakes, tsunami's, recession and now this.

What if tptb realized nukes were just too messy as they destroyed habitable land for decades and figured hurricanes and typhoons were a far easier and more cleaner way of destroying enemy infrastructure. It also come with the added benefit of untraceability.

This whole global awareness of climate change could be a good cover story for why there is an increase in wild weather.

Everybody knows when bombs drop on their heads they are under attack and will fight back and retaliate. But who questions a hail storm that destroys crops or an earthquake that destroys buildings and infrastructure. Or hurricanes and typhoons that displace and destroy lives causing havoc mentally and financially to a country.

I mean the insurance payments alone are in the billions. not to mention the effect on the stock market local and international.

Production goes down and as things get worse and the population is beaten into submission. I mean the Japanese are into the negatives when it comes to population growth. Its like the entire country is depressed and I dont blame them.

But I suppose that's good news for the USA who owes about 7% of its 15 trillion debt to Japan. I guess if there was a weather war going on Japan would be a smaller target than China.

I know its fringe but thats what this forum is for I believe. Would be interested in peoples thoughts on the subject.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

Science cant identify a cause of wild weather because computer models cant show cloud patterns accurately. This is also the reason global warming is still a theoretical cause of natural disasters and not a proven cause per NOAA's own accounts. But besides that its a great idea!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
There are many that believe that has been happening for a long time.

www.globalresearch.ca...

At an international symposium held in Ghent, Belgium May 28-30, 2010, scientists asserted that “manipulation of climate through modification of Cirrus clouds is neither a hoax nor a conspiracy theory.” It is “fully operational” with a solid sixty-year history. Though “hostile” environmental modification was banned by UN Convention in 1978, its “friendly” use today is being hailed as the new savior to climate change and to water and food shortages. The military-industrial complex stands poised to capitalize on controlling the world’s weather.

“In recent years there has been a decline in the support for weather modification research, and a tendency to move directly into operational projects.” ~World Meteorological Organization, 2007

Case Orange cites publicly available material that shows geoengineering has been ongoing for “at least 60 years.” Used as a weapon of war in Hamburg by the UK during World War II, it was also used in the Vietnam Conflict by the US. Controversy over its use, revealed by investigative reporter Jack Anderson, spurred Senate hearings in 1972. During those hearings, military officials denied the use of cloud seeding technology. Later, a private letter from Secretary of Defense Melvin Laird admitting that his testimony was false surfaced. He, again unbelievably, claimed he didn’t know what was happening. [9]

Environmental modification (EnMod) weaponry was finally banned by treaty in 1978. The UN Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques forced the end of such programs, overtly anyway.[10] (Case Orange authors seem unaware of this international ban, as it is one of their recommendations.)

However, with widespread reporting of rising global temperatures, increasing population, and degradation of water supplies, renewed interest in EnMod is now becoming broadly supported. (See, e.g., Top economists recommend climate engineering, 4 Sep 2009 [11] and similarly, Top science body calls for geoengineering ‘plan B’, 1 Sep 2009.[12])

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
There are many that believe that has been happening for a long time.

www.globalresearch.ca...

At an international symposium held in Ghent, Belgium May 28-30, 2010, scientists asserted that “manipulation of climate through modification of Cirrus clouds is neither a hoax nor a conspiracy theory.” It is “fully operational” with a solid sixty-year history. Though “hostile” environmental modification was banned by UN Convention in 1978, its “friendly” use today is being hailed as the new savior to climate change and to water and food shortages. The military-industrial complex stands poised to capitalize on controlling the world’s weather.

“In recent years there has been a decline in the support for weather modification research, and a tendency to move directly into operational projects.” ~World Meteorological Organization, 2007

Case Orange cites publicly available material that shows geoengineering has been ongoing for “at least 60 years.” Used as a weapon of war in Hamburg by the UK during World War II, it was also used in the Vietnam Conflict by the US. Controversy over its use, revealed by investigative reporter Jack Anderson, spurred Senate hearings in 1972. During those hearings, military officials denied the use of cloud seeding technology. Later, a private letter from Secretary of Defense Melvin Laird admitting that his testimony was false surfaced. He, again unbelievably, claimed he didn’t know what was happening. [9]

Environmental modification (EnMod) weaponry was finally banned by treaty in 1978. The UN Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques forced the end of such programs, overtly anyway.[10] (Case Orange authors seem unaware of this international ban, as it is one of their recommendations.)

However, with widespread reporting of rising global temperatures, increasing population, and degradation of water supplies, renewed interest in EnMod is now becoming broadly supported. (See, e.g., Top economists recommend climate engineering, 4 Sep 2009 [11] and similarly, Top science body calls for geoengineering ‘plan B’, 1 Sep 2009.[12])

that is truly an amazing read. Imagine what they are not revealing.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

i don't think that's just an idea. i think you're exactly right. bombs are messy. obvious. black and white. the cause and blame, readily apparent.

weather however. well now. you can destroy and depopulate entire cities with the weather. and you can have specific kinds of weather disasters for every kind of climate. hurricanes, monsoons, floods, blizzards, tornados, earthquakes etc. and it all seems "natural".

they've been honing and mastering their weather manipulation technology since Tesla.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Good thinking, Timelorld. I think you might be unto something.

Weaponization of weather is usually forbidden by treaties but it's indeed not impossible for some countries to achieve.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Good thinking, Timelorld. I think you might be unto something.

Weaponization of weather is usually forbidden by treaties but it's indeed not impossible for some countries to achieve.

Well the consensus seems to be that most western countries and a couple of eastern countries have the capacity to do this. The problem lies in trying to separate the natural from the unnatural.

The only way to plot any of it would be economic ties and following the money.

new topics

top topics

join