It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Kid Made an App That Exposes Sellout Politicians

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
a reply to: PaladinRoden\
Nice strawman tirade.
I guess I was right, everyone wants McPoitics, just tell me which chad to punch out.
Nobody seems to want to pay attention to the important things nowadays until it hits their doorstep.
But I guess everyone is entitled to life liberty and happiness, happy to be ignorant and do what one is told.

Not sure what you are getting at, people who are downloading this app are the very people who are taking the time to learn about their candidates. How do you get your information? I get mine off the internet and CSPAN. Do you actually sit in every commity meeting in Washington? Do you sit and watch the debats and then go sifting through the Library of Congress reading the minutes from every debate and meeting that is public record? Just how are people suppose to get their information? The easy way or the hard way. If I go to the .gov website and look through all the donations to congressman am I being lazy? Or should I get off my bum and go down to the actual Office in DC that publishes the information? The app takes data from the .gov website that in turns takes that data from a report filed with that department. Who cares how you got it, having easier access to this information makes the voter that much more informed and you seem to be upset about it and think that people will slid further into ignorance about the very people they are trying to become informed about. Please explain just why getting this information from an app is worse then getting on a plane and getting the information first hand? And is it practical?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
a reply to: PaladinRoden\
Nice strawman tirade.
I guess I was right, everyone wants McPoitics, just tell me which chad to punch out.
Nobody seems to want to pay attention to the important things nowadays until it hits their doorstep.
But I guess everyone is entitled to life liberty and happiness, happy to be ignorant and do what one is told.

I think you are confused. You are conflating issues with corruption. This App doesn't tell anyone how to vote, or what position to take on political issues...it objectively informs people of the money behind the rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: solarjetman

Is there another kind?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden
I guess I just can't explain my reasoning on this.
This is ok though I've stated my opinion, take or leave it.
Hope it helps

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Another thought...will these kinds of anti-corruption technologies drive politicians further into "Dark Money"...exploiting loop-holes and lax campaign finance laws to hide their corruption? AND can we hope for a version of the App that flags politicians amassing "Dark Money"...even if we don't know the source?

Good question... if everyone starts using this, I wouldn't doubt that politicians and lobbyists would attempt to change their game up to continue business as usual. But given the pace of technological evolution, and given that time and time again we see the incompetence of these politicians show up in one form or another, I'm of the opinion that the technology is going to outpace their ability to switch things up.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

edit on 9-7-2014 by dazbog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think the app is a great idea! Along with all the stats listed on the app about that AWESOME politician you’re thinking of voting for, there should also be web links on the app so you can verify the info yourself.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
BRAVO! If only now someone could create an app that would expose paedophilic proclivities in politicians in Westminster they may not have picked that Baroness Double-barrel Sloss bint to head the investigation into the missing 114 files, considering her relations to PIE! Operation Ore, anyone? allegedly

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's amazing how a kid his age can look passed all the superficial, political, ideologically motivated movements they are targeted for. What a breath of fresh air!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As they say, Follow the Money.
The App is a nice tool that is used along with other information I can come across in order to get a bigger picture.

I know that any politicians backed by Finance, Big Pharma, Multi National Corporations and Insurance Companies will not get my vote.

The above sectors ranked at the top in terms of political contributions and likewise thanks to politicians have been doing the greatest.

<< 1  2   >>

join