It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Incredible Unexplained Mysteries

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Just a little fodder for discussion. Perhaps you've heard of some of these and have done deeper research? All 10 are interesting to me, but the one about the tiny person mummy, the pipes in China and the Voynich Manuscript are really intriguing.

Unsolved ancient mysteries have captivated man for centuries. For most of us these enduring mysteries might unlock some secrets from our ancient ancestors. For others, including the worlds greatest minds, the challenge of deciphering these ancient codes and mysteries is an enigma that could lead to great fame and possibly fortune.

Other are convinced that our ancient ancestors had access to incredible knowledge and technologies that have been lost over time and will not be gained again until man reaches a higher consciousness. Whatever you believe, these remain ten of the greatest mysteries still unsolved.

Educating Humanity Link

A list of the 10:
1. Damacus Sword
2. Pillar of Delhi
3. Costa Rican Spheres
4. Baigong Pipes
5. Antikythera Mechanism
6. Voynich Manuscript
7. Egyptian Mummies
8. Bagdad Lights
9. San Pedro Mountain Mummy
10. Man Made City of Nan Madol

What do you know? I love these lists!

Edit: An older link of the website has some additional information on a couple from the list above.

Here you go: More Info
edit on 7-7-2014 by raedar because: additional link

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar
Really interesting post OP!

I didn't know about some of them.

Rebel 5

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
voynich manuscript is always one of my favorites...you can get a free pdf from some university archives and its really neat to look at.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Those are some of the best mysteries on the planet, IMO. Thanks for posting; I'd forgotten about a couple of them!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

G,day mate. i note that the pillar of Delhi is listed.
keep searching.
long before computers i read a book the name of which escapes me, listing and showing another in an English village and another in a German town,
the two i mention are not as large as the Delhi pillar
good luck pronto

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Nan Madol is really interesting. Its often called to be Venice of Pacific Ocean. Its a big mystery who built it. And its the only ancient city that is built on coral reef. There are huge stone columns, and no one knows how they got there. Its real engineering marvel. Though its very graceful and elegant, there is no artwork or carvings at all. And there are submerged tunnels connecting each island. Radiocarbon studies place the creation of the city to 200 BC, but how the builders managed to transport the stones, largest weighting 50 tons. There are creation myths that say the stones magically flown through air. The source of these stones is unknown, they are not from nearby area.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I like the stories, but the Baigong Pipes one is... well, I see no evidence of such features. The picture shows what appear to be columnar basalts, which are well known geological features. I'm not saying the pipes are a lie, but that picture is not of pipes.

For comparison, take a look at the below pictures of rather rust-coloured basalts. (Note, basalt is often found grey-black, not brown.)

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-7-2014 by hydeman11 because: broken link

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I was looking over images of the Voynich Manuscript on Wikipedia and I swear I see my first and last name on one of the pages with 2 letters added at the end, but still...very odd!
Now I am extremely interested in knowing everything about this.
edit on 7-7-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
I was looking over images of the Voynich Manuscript on Wikipedia and I swear I see my first and last name on one of the pages with 2 letters added at the end, but still...very odd!
Now I am extremely interested in knowing everything about this.

Your overdue fine is going to be phenomenal.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

A list of the 10: 1. Damacus Sword 2. Pillar of Delhi 3. Costa Rican Spheres 4. Baigong Pipes 5. Antikythera Mechanism 6. Voynich Manuscript 7. Egyptian Mummies 8. Bagdad Lights 9. San Pedro Mountain Mummy 10. Nan mandol

Of those only the voynich is a true mystery

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The Voynich manuscript is possibly linked to the Aztecs-recent research claims many of the plants in the manuscript are Mexican,and it is speculated that the language may be an extinct version of Nahuatl(the aztec language).

www.newscientist.com...

voynichms.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

I'm hoping if they have been debunked or built up, folks will share their knowledge on the specifics.

Also hoping one of the resident ATS code breakers will solve the Voynich Manuscript mystery!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

What the....

Keep us posted!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Thank you for the links! I will dive in!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The pillar of Delhi is easily explained . Add an X amount of nickel to iron ( I can't remember the proportions ) and the iron will never rust.

The pillar must be a fluke . Made from iron ore that already contained nickel when mined.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'd add Puma Punku

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
a reply to: Hanslune

I'm hoping if they have been debunked or built up, folks will share their knowledge on the specifics.

Also hoping one of the resident ATS code breakers will solve the Voynich Manuscript mystery!

Howdy

Other than the V manuscript there isn't any great mystery in the rest of the items, they are well known, with extensive threads on all of them.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I am sure there will be some in here whom would try to debunk them

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
I am sure there will be some in here whom would try to debunk them

Those nine that aren't mysterious have been debunked continuously. They simply aren't 'mysterious'.

I would challenge anyone who thinks those are mysterious to research them, read the fringe accounts of them (some have multiple contradictory theories attached t them) then the mainstream evidence and explanation, if you can find a hole in the mainstream theory why not present that?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thebel
Nan Madol is really interesting. Its often called to be Venice of Pacific Ocean. Its a big mystery who built it. And its the only ancient city that is built on coral reef. There are huge stone columns, and no one knows how they got there. Its real engineering marvel. Though its very graceful and elegant, there is no artwork or carvings at all.

The stone columns are columnar basalt, a natural basalt formation.

originally posted by: Thebel originally posted by: ThebelRadiocarbon studies place the creation of the city to 200 BC, but how the builders managed to transport the stones, largest weighting 50 tons. There are creation myths that say the stones magically flown through air. The source of these stones is unknown, they are not from nearby area.
They are certainly from a nearby area. There are at least twenty different possible sources of columnar basalt on the island of Pohnpei, where the site is located. link

Harte

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join