It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perry: Obama either 'inept' or doesn't care about border.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) on Sunday said the Obama administration is either “inept” or doesn’t care about the influx of unaccompanied minors at the border with Mexico. Read more: thehill.com...

Nah I don't think inept.

He knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

“They either are inept or don’t care,” Perry said. “I have to believe that when you do not respond in any way, that you are either inept or you have some ulterior motive.” Read more: thehill.com...

The ulterior motive is about his party adding more voters to their base.

That is why the border will never be secured.

“This is a failure of diplomacy; this is a failure of leadership,” he added. Read more: thehill.com...

It is also a FAILURE of the 'Take Care Clause' of the constitution.

The job of the Potus is to FAITHFULLY ENFORCE and UPHOLD US LAWS.

"So the issue is, this president understands now that we have a huge problem on our southern border," he said. "We have to deal with it. And I don't think you're going to be able to address it until you put the resources there, and that's boots on the ground. We're asking for the FAA to allow for drones to be used." Read more: thehill.com...

I see no problems with this.

Hell we do have a lot of unemployed veterans at the moment. Bring them back in to service, and create a joint task force for border security.

We have the technology.

We have the manpower.

We have governors with the will, and the desire.

But apparently we still have the 'empty chair' in the White House.

That's my opinion. Others will vary.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You understand that we have to by law take peoples from Central and South America, right? Why? Try reading this.

ETA This is no way means we should just let them spill out into the streets. Most of them are children and a lot of them need medical screening before we end up with some kind of pandemic.
edit on 7/7/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What do you want the vets to be tasked with doing? Shooting children as they approach the border?

And if Obama is going to 'uphold the laws of the United States', personally I think he should start by jailing bankers since they're the ones who have caused the global financial and food insecurity that's driving people to cross borders. If Wall Street and the Pentagon weren't in the drug and overthrow of governments businesses, maybe the cartels in Guatamala and Mexico wouldn't be so vicious. After all, back when there was no money in it, people just chewed coca leaves, smoked a bit of weed and took poppy sap and had a nice afternoon. No violence there. It's called freedom, something the U.S. government hates but pretends to promote every chance they get.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
You understand that we have to by law take peoples from Central and South America, right? Why? Try reading this.

ETA This is no way means we should just let them spill out into the streets. Most of them are children and a lot of them need medical screening before we end up with some kind of pandemic.

You do realize that we have LAWS that say people have to knock on this house's door, and ask for permission to come in right ?

Seriously using the GD 'children' EXCUSE ?

Shame that argument doesn't seem to work when it comes to contraception, and abortion.
edit on 7-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

What do you want the vets to be tasked with doing? Shooting children as they approach the border?

Nice hyperbole there!

Gee give them a JOB to support their families.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hmmm,

I am thinking he is both.

You think about it.....

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

now, now...c'mon...we all know that this CAN ONLY BE Obamas fault...just because he may be hamstrung by some silly laws that are already on the books, does not mean that Obama can't land a couple of hundred C-5A galaxies on the border, load up those kids, and fly them immediately back to those central American countries. just ask the republicans, and they will tell you how easy it is.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
They could always force detained illegal immigrants to sit in a room 24/7 with Rick Perry until they self-deport (run back to their countries of origin screaming).

I don't really think it has anything to do with increasing the voter base. There are approximately 11 million illegal immigrants in this country (all ages from all countries) — how many of those do you think managed to vote in the last election?

How would this hypothesis explain the influx of children? It's been a huge PR nightmare for the administration and finally, it's well established that the number of illegal immigrants has been falling from a peak during the Bush administration so if that's the plan, why haven't the numbers increased?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Perry: Obama either 'inept' or doesn't care about border.

He's inept ... but at the same time he knows exactly what is happening at the border and he likes it just fine. If he didn't, he would have tried to do something to stop it.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

now, now...c'mon...we all know that this CAN ONLY BE Obamas fault

Yeah it is.

What people conveniently IGNORE facts like this:

Obama administration sues Arizona over immigration law

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How would this hypothesis explain the influx of children?

Fast and Furious explains it.

Guns for votes.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's not my opinion, it is the law.

(post by motthoople removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Perry said Thursday that the Southern border is less secure today than at any time during the recent past.

The Hill

Ricky Boy has been governor of a border state for 14 years!

What has he been doing all that time apart from shopping for spectacles?

Nice one Ricky.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: motthoople
What's the big deal about letting hundreds of thousands of un-evolved ethnic minorities into the Country? It worked so well with the Africans.

I'd rather have them than you.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ya know something, that same question has arisen MANY times during this administration.Incompetent or....I personally hated to think that the OR was on purpose but NOW I have trouble believing otherwise.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Obama's buddy

“Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring that about?”

Maurice Strong

quote of the day
edit on 013131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BritofTexas

What has he been doing all that time apart from shopping for spectacles?

What can he do when the DOJ sues anyone who tries to secure their boders, and ENFORCE immigration LAWS ?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Can perry just put his name in for president already?
Seems to think he can do a better job, I guess if we had him for president we wouldn't have a border problem like every single president before obama has had as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join