It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting the Internet to Good Use (Realizing its Quantum Nature)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
According to what I believe, quantum computing is already here with the internet. I believe, based on research that I have done, that every human is a quantum entity able to make choices (basically, use trial-and-error) in order to create ideas. The internet allows these ideas to develop, evolve and compete with each other.

I am going to assume that when someone makes a choice, there is an equal probability of it occurring in any matter. However, the choice can be influenced by things such as prior knowledge. Sometimes a choice can't even be made without the proper prior knowledge, in fact.

Imagine a series of ideas growing just like a tree or other organism. For example, math. It starts out with simple equations, and then people use those to derive algebra and geometry, and from there, more complicated things arise, built upon prior ideas. Any ideas that were not as useful as others were discarded.

The internet provides a quantum computer that automatically sifts through ideas and finds the most efficient and effective ones, if the search algorithms have enough input and are calibrated correctly to be unbiased.

Practical Uses

I laid down that theory because there is a practical use of the internet I'm not sure if everyone is explicitly aware of. Although anyone can participate in an idea being created by the internet, ideas do compete.

My point is, if you are able to access a database of information with enough sources, you can do an analysis on that data in order to determine the most efficient and effective way of doing something if that data is competitive.

Examples are going to be with gaming, because I apply this all the time. For Magic: The Gathering, I go to a website named www.mtggoldfish.com which analyzes the content of thousands of Magic: Online games and then automatically sorts them into different deck archetypes, and gives you a list of cards used in winning decks of that archetype and their percentage chance.

By having access to this information, I can create a deck with an empirically tested main board and side board, ready to compete in the meta game - without even looking at any real deck list. In fact, my deck might be entirely new - in fact, it changes every week. But it wins almost every game because of the research behind it.

The internet allows us to do this kind of thing, and I just wanted to make sure that people were aware of how come (in my opinion at least), and aware of what they could do with it.

The same sort of thing can be done by looking up YouTube tutorials and figuring that the best ones for your search criteria will probably get filtered to the top.

It's something that was not necessarily always available - although in the past, peer-review, competitive meetings in person, books and lectures probably had a similar filtering effect.
edit on 06pmSun, 06 Jul 2014 15:15:30 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
i think the internet is the next step in human evolution and consciousness. depends what you mean by quantum computer though, keep in mind the internet if full of false information.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Why do you say that the internet is the next step in human revolution? Isn't morality the next step in human revolution. morality which I believe can lead to more individuality.

What step do you see the internet providing that will lead to human revolution.

Having more morality leads to self empowerment and being intuned with yourself which leads to being able to harness your full potential and capabilities.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher
because the internet makes it possible for everyone connected to share and debate morality, philosophy and science. when the whole world can unite and global intelligence is raised, that's when the human race can move to the next step.

i use the term human evolution as the progress of human well being.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What about all the cancerous users who are wreaking destruction and the viruses that are attacking the host? Otherwise it sounds good to me except for the vast number of stupid internet users who will skew the results of anything.

The best youtube videos don't necessarily get filtered to the top. The ones flashing breasts or bikinis do, though. They get more hits. You really have to search for videos with good content.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Why do you say that the internet is the next step in human revolution? Isn't morality the next step in human revolution. morality which I believe can lead to more individuality.

What step do you see the internet providing that will lead to human revolution.

Having more morality leads to self empowerment and being intuned with yourself which leads to being able to harness your full potential and capabilities.

The internet helps these things happen because people have access to information and forums for debate. Even someone in a conservative family where their parents don't allow them to get out much have internet access.

This is more important than you might think. Not only are family perspectives traditionally limiting, but religious perspectives and even regional perspectives.

The internet has also been credited with causing much of the Arab Spring revolutions, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was behind Occupy Wall Street.

Other than that, I agree with your first paragraph, I like it. Although I do like community, as well.
edit on 06pmSun, 06 Jul 2014 17:08:21 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Thanks, that is a good point.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
According to what I believe, quantum computing is already here with the internet. I believe, based on research that I have done, that every human is a quantum entity able to make choices (basically, use trial-and-error) in order to create ideas. The internet allows these ideas to develop, evolve and compete with each other.

Are you saying that human beings put the quantum in quantum internet?

edit on 971Sunday000000America/ChicagoJul000000SundayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Could you explain what you mean by calling human beings quantum entities? That bit doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Well human beings are the unpredictable factor. One post leads to another. Ten posts later you have a totally unpredictable outcome.

Never thought of it that way but that is an interesting theory.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I should have explained this, I mean that humans have free will, something that machines lack. That allows them to try and fail or succeed at their ideas, the engine that runs the internet.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: BlueMule

Well human beings are the unpredictable factor. One post leads to another. Ten posts later you have a totally unpredictable outcome.

Never thought of it that way but that is an interesting theory.

If humans are anything similar to dice, you throw enough of them in a forum and the result will be predictable, or at least consistent with other tests running parallel. Probably not predictable.

If you roll enough dice, then they should be evenly distributed between the 6 sides. If you flip a coin enough times, it will come very close to the half and half mark.

I could still see humans going off in entirely unpredictable directions, though.
edit on 07amMon, 07 Jul 2014 05:49:19 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
rather similar scenarios were predicted by sci-fi quite often, and imo is the logical result of technical evolution.
were still far from there tho, looking at for example asimov's "the last question", since we as humans would for sure be incapable of developing an OS that would allow for processing information geathered ina way to developing a capable AI.
self programming computers on the other hand is a tough one to accomplish.
information allways has an intelligent origin, wich would be a prerequisite for a self programming AI.
talking about eggs and chicken...

edit on 7-7-2014 by Dolour because: moar typos

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

yeah you say we are supposed to be more connected with people but I mean does the internet really allow us to make true connections with people. If you are on the internet a lot are you able to connect with someone in the outside world?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

well what about all the other factors that played into other revolutions in history. the civil rights movement? etc and so on.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
i think its more analogous to conventional supercomputers, millions of processors working on the same task in parallel. think of the people behind the computers as nodes in a network.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Interesting Discussion.

The humans quantum processor interacting with the quantum capabilities of the internet is a fascinating study.

The two working together and the results of such interaction. It gets me thinking about AI. They are still unable to get a processor/computer, even as fast as they are now, to think and process information like a human.

All the same, this subject is worth deep thought and consideration.

leolady

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

It does not matter if the information is true or not. In my mind: It puts forth ideas and allows one to look where they may not have considered to look before.

leolady

new topics

top topics

join