It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican declines request to provide all documents relating to Australian priest child abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The Vatican has declined a royal commission request to hand over documents about child sexual abuse committed by Catholic priests in Australia.

The head of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, Justice Peter McClellan, revealed last month that he had personally written to the Vatican, seeking copies of all documents relating to complaints about abuse involving priests in Australia.

The Vatican has provided documents to the royal commission relating to two cases, but Justice McClellan wanted more information to find out how church authorities in Australia, under the guidance or direction of the Vatican, responded to allegations of abuse.

In a written response, the Vatican says the Holy See maintains the confidentiality of internal deliberations, adding that it would be inappropriate to provide such documents.

Leonie Sheedy, founder and chief executive of Care Leavers Australia Network, a support group for victims of child sexual abuse says the Catholic Church is treating the Australian public with contempt.

"I'm not surprised ... I feel like the Catholic Church believes it is above the laws of Australia and probably the world," she said.

www.abc.net.au...

So once again we see the catholic church hiding it's minions and their disgusting behaviour from prosecution while showing nothing but contempt for their victims.

How can such a group that claims to be 'the' church, the closest to a 'god', act in such an insidious way?

How can people around the world, in all the countries where these abuses and others have been committed, continue to identify themselves as Catholic and continue to support the Catholic church in 2014?

And why do so many catholic priests turn to child molestation?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
S&F

This is only the tip of this iceberg.

Be aware that the Catholic Church in Australia cannot be sued in these matters.

If you try to you hit a couple of brick walls.

The first is that the Diocese is always broke. All property is sidelined into companies and the Diocese own nothing. The priests own nothing so there is nothing to get. The Holy See cannot be sued because he had Diplomatic status. The Church in Australia tied all of their assets up back in the early Eighties in preparation for these cases.

A few years back the Anglican Church ended up 'generously' handing out a maximum of $50,000 per case (and not many received the maximum) while the Arch Bishop whined that he had to sell his private tennis court to pay for it all. A wrecked life is worth about the same as a reasonable new car.

The Church would never release those documents. People in Australia that are in the know are aware of what these documents have in them. The biggest shock is that Ratzinger was in control of this whole sordid mess (worldwide) and issued a decree NOT to assist temporal authorities and to litigate like there is no tomorrow.

There is even a recent High Court (Highest court in Australia) decision that protects the Catholic Church from litigation.

It sucks

P

edit on 6/7/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

I've always felt that's precisely why the 'molesters/pedophiles'' join
the 'priesthood' ... Free board and lodgings, a house keeper and access to
any number of children.

Brain washed Parents believing 'Priests' can do no wrong even push their boys
to be altar boy's for kudos in the churches books!!
I believe Priests consider it the 'perks of the vocation.......

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

All religious organizations are corrupt. They're no better than you and me. They think their above the law and have a direct phone line to God. To have someone preach to me about sin when they're sins are criminal, I would rather follow my own moral judgement, thank you.

Here is just a partial list of the many christian leaders caught in criminal activity or questionable religious preaching...

=Sun Myung Moon
=David Koresh
=Pat Robertson
=Matthew Hale
=Michael Bray
=Paul Jennings Hill
=Marshall Herff Applewhite, Jr.
=Jim Jones
=Charles Coughlin
=Fred Phelps, Sr
=Jimmy Swaggart
= Jim Bakker
= Father John J. Geoghan
= Evangelist Paul Crouch
= Reverend Ted Haggard
= Peter Popoff
= 400 vatican priests defrocked due to molestation of children

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Child molestation is not new and not limited to the catholic church, but they are one of the organizations trying to publicly address this issue. In looking into some of these issues there is some traditional, generational and cultural influences going on. There are also personal decisions and moral judgements being made, every case is different.

I can understand the Vatican preserving its members confidentiality, I am sure there are many complex discussions going on and being able to talk freely helps. For the Vatican to be able to make an official comment or provide some evidence the issue is being addressed will help. It is a global problem that goes everywhere there are children, maybe one day there will be a practical solution.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If this doesn't show the catholic church is a cess pit of corruption and evil I dont know what does.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Celebesy?

It not natural for 90% of people. Its no surprise fetishists and paraphernalia seep in to feel that sexually devoid hole.

That and the Catholic church has had a reputation of child molestation since forever. The pervy priest stereotype been with us since the church began. So maybe it just attracts pedo by reputation?

top topics

join