It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Applauds This Woman Because They’re Too Creeped Out At Themselves To Put Their Hands Togeth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Char-Lee
It's like everyone else, the moron vocal minority ruin people's perception of things. The moron vocal minority go around acting like they are better than meat eaters, and talking down to people etc. Same as the vocal minority meat eaters will call vegans/vegetarian bleeding heart pussies. I have had vegan/vegetarians call me a liar when I tell them I tried it and it made me sick.

You know you are not making yourself look very good calling anyone Morons..."pussies" which since you mean it in a very derogatory way I consider an insult to Womankind. What is wrong with the heart bleeding for those who are in pain?

As far as being vocal, well I guess everyone who cares about something is vocal. If it were your dog someone was going to eat I think you would get vocal, well some of us feel the same about all creatures we love them.

I am very sure you who once tried to become a Vegan/or Vegetarian is well aware that throughout history some of the top scholars in every subject including top athletes have been Vegan/Vegetarian.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: jimmyx

maybe all of this energy and outrage would be better spent, if directed toward the "horrid, and unbelievable abuse" of our fellow man.

Did you mean to say... toward...our fellow man? Because this IS abuse By our fellow man. I personally consider all of the creatures on this planet equal to man.

The land is used to grow grain, corn and all animal feed already, the difference would be people would eat from that land instead.

Here are some studies and projections of the sudden change to veganism for the world.
www.slate.com... tml

From their articles

A second major ramification of global vegetarianism would be expanses of new land available. Currently, grazing land for ruminants—cows and their kin—accounts for a staggering 26 percent of the world’s ice-free land surface.

It simply takes too much water to grow a steak. In a new report, leading water scientists say the human population would have to switch to an almost entirely vegetarian diet by 2050 to avoid catastrophic global food and water shortages.

It's a simple numbers game: Cattle, for example, consume a shocking 17 times more grain calories than they produce as meat calories. All that lost grain (which humans could have eaten) requires water. "Producing food requires more water than any other human activity — and meat production is very water-intensive," Josh Weinberg

www.livescience.com...

animals equal to man??.....I don't consider a chicken, a fish, a pig, or a steer, my equal....on the water use, I agree 100% with you, this has been well known for awhile....so in a practical sense, how would you stop 8 billion people killing and eating animals for food if they were hungry enough?....hunger has driven man to resort to cannibalism, and if someone becomes hungry enough, they will kill animals to survive. look, it is admirable of you to take up this cause, animal studies have revealed that animals are emotional, to what degree is hard to determine. I however, do not have an emotional tie to the animals listed above.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

look, it is admirable of you to take up this cause, animal studies have revealed that animals are emotional, to what degree is hard to determine. I however, do not have an emotional tie to the animals listed above.

All creatures want to live and fear death, all want to have a family and make their home in their own ways. We are all alike we have young, we choose mates, we have fear and pain and feel loss.Most will risk their lives for their young and loved ones.

I keep getting the impression of a good person, I ate meat most of my life so I know where you are coming from. As far as animals, it is funny how we can get to know them. I had a chicken once what was complete buddies with my German shepard, she would not roost in the trees with her flock instead she slept on the dog's curled hind leg, they went about together all day and slept like that at night, she was a very sweet creature.

I have seen the variations in personality of fish and I have seen the terror when pulling a fish from the water and as it smothers, it is no different than when you and I drown.

There was a pig who lived with an elderly woman for years, pigs are smarter than dogs. When the old lady had a heart attack the pig opened the door ran into the road and lay down in front of the traffic, when a car stopped she led them to her Lady friend and thus saved her life. I have personally known pigs and had them slaughtered and I will never forget the look in their eyes.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

All creatures want to live and fear death, all want to have a family and make their home in their own ways.

Seriously..? lol Sorry i cant stop laughing.

I hate to break it to you but world is not like a Disney film.

edit on 7-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well, I am sorry to say, that the vocal minorities usually are morons. I am speaking of people that talk down to, insult, and act like they are superior to anyone different them, to be clear.

And you misunderstood, I didn't call anyone a pussy, I am saying that might be something the abrasive vocal minority meat eater might say.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the reaction and everything else was staged. It looks like it was a poor attempt at recreating a TED talk.
a reply to: purplemer

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

All creatures want to live and fear death, all want to have a family and make their home in their own ways.

Seriously..? lol Sorry i cant stop laughing.

I hate to break it to you but world is not like a Disney film.

And you must be living in a strange world indeed if you don't know that nearly all creatures like to choose, their mates and nest in their various ways. I feel you have missed out on most of the world.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

vocal minorities usually are morons.

Vocal minorities started this country and nearly every good thing known to man.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lindalinda
I'm pretty sure the reaction and everything else was staged. It looks like it was a poor attempt at recreating a TED talk.

Although the speaker is an actress, the audience are real. Catsnake (the film company) organised an evening with five speakers talking about the Hidden Psychology of Burlesque, astrophysics, storytelling, Neanderthal anthropology and, of course, The Secrets of Food Marketing. The evening was organised so that our talk appeared genuine. This was the only way to ensure that audience reactions were realistic. The event was advertised on various websites, including facebook, and people bought a ticket to attend. All monies from ticket sales have gone back into the film to pay for advertising, promotion and seeding.

www.ciwf.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

lol ok, you have switched from having a family and making home to choosing a mate and making a nest.

edit on 7-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

a reply to: gentledissident
No, not really these days. Does your conscience reel over the death of plants every bite you take?

No. Why would it?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Why would you expect it to be different for meat eaters? What kind of life would it be to feel sorry everytime one takes food? A million and one ways for an animal to die, and a bullet or arrow is just one of them. One day my body will feed the bugs, who will feed the soil, who will feed the plants, who will feed the plant eaters, who will feed the meat eaters.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Why would you expect it to be different for meat eaters?

You said you tried to be a vegetarian, so I wondered if not being able to be one made the situation difficult for you. You indicated that it was difficult at one time by typing, "No, not really these days."

The difference is that we animals feel and think. We are animals and can understand what other animals feel. We are arguably smarter animals, so we can surmise what other animals are thinking.
edit on 7-7-2014 by gentledissident because: adressing the question

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is an interesting documentary. It's about a woman with autism that has a way with communicating with livestock.
'The Woman Who Thinks Like a Cow."

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't enjoy hurting or killing, I did feel bad about it at first after my failed attempt. In the grand scheme of things it's crazy though. Take a walk through the grass, you just injured or killed thousands of bugs that live in and under it. Same with driving a vehicle, to get an idea of just how many you hurt or kill, ride a motorcycle with no windscreen and no leather. Every single living thing, even plant eaters and plants are killing just by surviving. You will drive yourself nuts thinking about all the ways that just existing and going about normal life, how much death and destruction you are causing. I am one of those dorks that when they see a bug in the house, I try to catch it and let it go back outside rather than squashing it lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Bookmarking.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I am not a vegetarian. Fruits and nuts make up most of my diet. I do feel like my body needs animal protein. I have pretty much stopped buying meat at the grocery store because of my revulsion to factory farming. I have worked the line in a slaughterhouse and it just doesn't sit well. A clean head shot on a wild animal feels a lot better. I do raise livestock...chickens, goats, pigs, cattle. They all have a comfortable existence until the lights go out. I have never seen a vegan that didn't look skinny and anemic.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
As humans we have the ability and technology to grow enough plants to feed every one of us and permanently dismiss the hunger problem. Our US is a nation of selfish hutts who take better care of their automobiles and lawns than their most important possession, their own body. Even though it makes sense for our future to turn the Earth into a giant garden instead of a giant piece of litter, we never will give up Styrofoam wrapped fast food cheeseburgers in the US which means the rest of the world will be force-fed the same garbage unless they can somehow put a stop to our imperialism.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Believe it or not there are some professional athletes on vegan diets. I suppose you could argue that you're not a true vegan if your sport requires you to wear a uniform with leather in it, or handle a ball made with leather.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

You will drive yourself nuts thinking about all the ways that just existing and going about normal life, how much death and destruction you are causing. I am one of those dorks that when they see a bug in the house, I try to catch it and let it go back outside rather than squashing it lol.

Good points and I agree, also preferring to avoid squishing insects (I swerve my bike in the rain avoiding worms
)

So then the focus must become the reduction of suffering and synthetic diets to any creature used for meat. The mammals we eat are far more perceptive and sensitive than we commonly give them credit for. And if we are going to continue to claim to be the most intelligent species on the planet, we had damn well better start behaving like it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join