It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Applauds This Woman Because They’re Too Creeped Out At Themselves To Put Their Hands Togeth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravelExactly right! Have you ever had the chance to read a book called "The Secret Life of Plants". It was a real eye opener for me!. There were experiments mentioned where plants where monitored and actually seemed to feel pain and fear and feelings. Perhaps a google search has more relevant to it. Wish I could get into it more for you but I'm having a bad night healthwise. Trying to post a little to keep myself from dwelling on it....hope my above comment was clear. You have mentioned a very good aspect relevant to plants...very astute. Thanx.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I had hoped she would go further into explaining 100% natural. The term Natural means nothing in the eyes of the FDA. It is not regulated and is commonly mistaken as organic, which is highly regulated.

hot dogs are 100% natural

Margarine is 100% natural

Aspartame is 100% natural

it is an empty buzz word used to confuse and trick consumers.
a reply to: purplemer

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The food "crisis" we are having in this world today is staggering. Yes, it is a true crisis of humongous proportions. It is getting so one wonders if cardboard and/or tissues will be all we should consume.

I admire folks that try and buy local from farmers that may be doing better raising cattle/poultry and such for us and farmers that are trying to produce healthier, safer vegggies/fruits as well. My concern is that these smaller farmers will be done away with because of so many rules and regs and such. Agricultural business is getting to be the new normal. As far as crops, another concern is that sooner or later, the "good" crops will be contaminated from wind, pollinazation(sp), and so forth. Will there be seedlings and seeds not from Monsatan still...Will the safer seeds of old be done away with eventually or destroyed somehow.

Food scares me anymore...remember that movie, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"? Making a joke here but not really...will most all of our future foods and even lots of the present ones, become toxic killers to us. Cattle/poultry raised under filthy, cruel condtions...cruel to say the least. How about all the growth hormones, crowded, filthy living conditions that cause germs/disease. The antibiotics they get and whoknowswhatallelse they get injected with. Very little oversight as to how these foods are processed/slaughtered and such before they make it to market.

Yep, cardboard is staring to look more tempting...would ya like fries with that?

I actually feel sorry for the animals/cattle/poultry and plant crops of today. If they think on some level and feel at all, and I believe they can to an extent, they have to be wondering WTH is happening? Everything is bassackward anymore and it is a crying shame...for the plants and animals and for us as a species. Shame.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think it is a fake video myself. Maybe the content is correct, but I doubt if the woman is actually doing the job she claims she is. The last statement is right though, we want to look the other way, we are conditioned to look the other way if it negatively effects our life.

We tell our kids that it does not hurt the fish when they bite the hook. As long as you take the hook out gently that is. I saw the look on the fishes face, yet repeated the statement I learned from my father of how it doesn't hurt the fish to my daughters and granddaughter. We have to eat, I myself would rather personally know that it hurts the animals than to be oblivious to it. I eat meat yet understand the suffering, I respect the life lost that I may eat.

I also try to eat meats that have been grown by people who take care of their livestock. Local pork and beef when I can get it. Right now I don't have a source for pork, so we cut our consumption down on that.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I guess it depends where you live as to what kind of treatment our food gets. There are a lot of big pastures around here in Australia where the cattle basically just look after themselves until it is time to round them out, as long as it has been raining. The ride on the boats for the live export market looks a bit cramped compared to how it was for them, it has been one area getting a lot of attention here and improvements have been made.

Pigs are the animal that looks to get the worst treatment from what I have seen here, locked in pens unable to move around or stretch their legs. While in India pigs are treated with huge respect, the happiest pig I have seen was just floating around in a big open sewer pit.

There are many different levels of standards and care around the world.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Now I think it is a great illustration of the way we can be manipulated- not only can they make you choose to embrace a lie through how they dress it up, but they can also make you reject the truth, through how they dress it up!

I saw this lin on Facebook, and the title was lke the tons of others that show up in my feed and usually are dumb videos made to get me to click on them, so i didn't.

The fake dress up part is too obvious for me to believe it was meant to deceive for real. If they really meant to deceive, they could have gotten someone who is not an actor, but is really in the field (even if it was just some factory worker in reality that they paid off). They knew that an actress could and would be traced.

The faces of the people in the audience were exactly like those of infomercials- and is there REALLY anyone out there that pays attention to those and believes them to be sincere??? No. We know they are fake.

But it is a great way of making clear the way we can be manipulated. Truth can be rejected even when we ultimately KNOW it is the truth- but the dressing of the package is everything.

I forget that there is such a big war going on between vegetarians and meat eaters in the US- I thought this was more attending the question of healthy eating- not that the practices in those factory farms are a source of suffering, but that those practices result in unhealthy food. Animals stuffed with antibiotics are bad for your health, animals with the hormonal states of being unhappy and suffering make for unhealthy steaks and sausages.

Even if you are a meat eater, like me, would you actually support this just out of a rage against vegetarians?
Isn't that sort of cutting off your nose to spite your face?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

The marketing techniques described are actual though. Just want to say that, regardless of the maker and their intent, they did hit some things quite squarely on the head. The images of factory farms are really as well, too. Even if it were staged from beginning to end, the points about marketing and our food industry are very apropos.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I know a few people who became vegetarians after watching "Kill it, Cook it, Eat it." It showed animals being slaughtered. I realize that modern methods aren't pretty, but we need to eat at the end of the day. I do try to buy free range eggs if I can, but after seeing that video who really knows if it's just a marketing stunt or a scam. If it were the latter, I would like to say I could stop eating eggs but I can't.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Marketing, you can learn that stuff in school, you know why, because human behaviour is so predictable you can write school courses on it.

I wouldnt star and flag this video, it isnt PETA proppagander and it isnt a set up - its just a very simple Marketing 1.01.

What were her 3 rules?

1. Make it sound nice
2. Make it sound like progress
3. As much as legal - stretch the truth to get the sheeple on board.

You can add this basic marketing approach to almost anything you can buy.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I don't understand the meat eaters argument, "I have to eat to live". I've been a vegetarian for about 20 years. I have loads of energy and am mistaken for a younger man. I absorb and use knowledge. I plan and create. My life is incredibly full. I'm also mellow. When I ate meat, a lot of meat, I had anger problems. I learned to repair what I punched. I don't know if being a vegetarian caused me to relax, but the timing fits.

It's weird that some meat eaters say, "I have respect for the animal I have to eat". To me, that's like saying, "I respect the people I have to murder to satiate my desire".

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Regardless of the videos validity, this is caveman marketing.

Advertising is a science that is far more complex than you could imagine, and if you fell for it it's not because you a stupid, it's because the marketers are very clever. People don't spend years in advertising and sum it up in a three step process-There are dozens of techniques they've devised to reel in customers.

And honestly the animal cruelty in that video is also misrepresented- it's actually a lot worse than that depending where you look. And if that footage made you squeamish then you should see the kill floor of an abattoir, which has it's own three step process: Zap, slash, next.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This particular mindset is not synonymous to just foods we eat.

We live in this fictional world that is functioning only because of "willful ignorance".

I also believe this is the reason that many people are suffering from depression, anxiety, and anger.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident
Some of us do have to eat meat. I am one that went vegetarian for a spell and it made me sick. Now, I don't scarf down ten pounds of meat a day or anything, but one meal a day does contain a healthy serving of meat.

No matter what you eat, you are taking life to sustain yours, bottom line. That is how life works. I prefer game meat myself, the real free range meat. The beef I eat comes from a local free range farm. I live in the country and have the means to really get to know where my food comes from.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
She didn't say anything i didn't know before. I am not saying i know it all but, it was pretty basic stuff.

I think the content of Sugar in Foods in more alarming than anything. If someone did a video on this, it would shock and awe.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL
I'm sorry you have take the life of another animal. Is that difficult for your conscience?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gentledissident
I don't understand the meat eaters argument, "I have to eat to live". I've been a vegetarian for about 20 years. I have loads of energy and am mistaken for a younger man. I absorb and use knowledge. I plan and create. My life is incredibly full. I'm also mellow. When I ate meat, a lot of meat, I had anger problems. I learned to repair what I punched. I don't know if being a vegetarian caused me to relax, but the timing fits.

It's weird that some meat eaters say, "I have respect for the animal I have to eat". To me, that's like saying, "I respect the people I have to murder to satiate my desire".

What it comes down to is we like to eat meat and humans are meant to eat meat, at some point if you're going to be an omnivore you have to accept that you're going to kill in order to survive. You can survive without it but that craving is there.

I'm kind of inbetween right now, I've cut back considerably on my meat intake due to the cruelty involved but can't wean myself off of it completely, it's like a drug. I'll go through say a package of bacon a week for BLT's and once a week I'll eat spaghetti with meatballs rather than the usual spaghetti with olive oil and herbs.

The typical rate of meat consumption in the US is around 12 oz/day, the recommended is 8 oz/day, I'm down to about 1.5/day but can't seem to cut out that last bit.
edit on 7-7-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident
No, not really these days. Does your conscience reel over the death of plants every bite you take?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You can survive without it but that craving is there.

You are very wrong there. My favorite food was steak but the thought of meat turns my stomach. I decided it was wrong to NOT LOOK. I watched the whole process and set out to honestly look and learn where my food came from...and these words...Nothing tastes that good! Stuck in my head!

Most of us who do not eat other animals are revolted by seeing or smelling a mass of flesh after learning and stopping the behavior.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
This particular mindset is not synonymous to just foods we eat.

We live in this fictional world that is functioning only because of "willful ignorance".

I also believe this is the reason that many people are suffering from depression, anxiety, and anger.

I believe we have been groomed and mind conditioned since the onset of radio and TV, we are a controlled slave population and we realize that at some level.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here's something to think about...why were the images they showed you so tame? We all know that there are much more distressing images about farming out there showing far worse treatment of animals. All in all the images they showed were not shocking at all, they were pretty much standard images of intensive livestock farming.

They were obviously trying to condition you the viewers into thinking stuff was shocking that really wasn't that bad. This is why they had to use actors. Its standard Nuro Linguistic Programing. "Compassion in World Farming" is first and foremost a lobbying group who by their own admission has been banned from advertising on TV, presumably for using underhanded tricks like this video.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join