It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ironic Independence Day Pic

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Yes, enjoy your freedom day. Now here is a list of rules for everyone to follow. Happy independence day!

What Freedoms? haha. America has become a joke. We are Sheeple

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
@ #3

any large public event needs to be watched. I have no problems with this. Let an incident happen where there is no police presence and people will be screaming bloody murder because they weren't there looking for stuff.

edit on R262014-07-04T20:26:15-05:00k267Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R262014-07-04T20:26:37-05:00k267Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth That picture you put up of the TSA....that's probably the next thing for real...citizens being examined at every little function ever...even at the "Run for the Cure", and kiddie parades and so forth.

In that TSA pic scenario, I was imagining the goon looking down the guys pants and saying, "Is that a firecracker or are you just glad to see me?"

What a crock. Any folks that feel this is justified and for our own good...why aren't they b*tchin about the open borders. How many REAL bad guys pass over those everyday? That is where a bunch of rules and regs should be. Bassackwards world for sure!

Land of the naïve and home of the slave.

edit on 4-7-2014 by shrevegal because: added thought.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa Yeah, I just saw a video of "police protection and service" where they knocked a guy over that was in a wheelchair...I feel safer and warm and fuzzy and better already.

edit on 4-7-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

well I am glad you feel so much better..good for you

Have no idea why a video of a cop knocking someone out of wheelchair would make someone feel better, but each to their own.

Personally, I would think that kicking a cops ass who knocked someone out of a wheelchair would do much more for making someone feel better...but hey,,that's just me.
edit on R052014-07-04T21:05:21-05:00k057Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa You know darn well I was being you sarcastic...now I'm done with you./ You seem happy more than I do relevant to thuggery...enjoy and bye bye.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

As I was being sarcastic as well in my reply.... can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.. that's what they say.

Back to being on point, I attended an event last year where there was virtually no police presence.... thousands of people packed into very tight spaces and unlimited amounts of coolers everywhere. Kinda makes ya nervous these days...cough cough Boston Marathon.

But no amount of police presence will deter the hardest of criminals... they will do what they can get away with.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Here's another one for ya -

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So visit this place and subject yourself to Nazi rules?I would NEVER go to this park..People should boycott outside it.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Our framers should be rolling over in their graves about now, not just because everything they worked for is polar opposite, but also because the apathy, blindness, and ignorance of the people here in the USA.

If a pic is worth a thousand words then this one should speak volumes.

Have a great 4th! And make sure to abide by all the rules. smh

Falls right in-line with the rest of current destruction of any rights we had at one time in the Past!!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18105002]CagliostroTheGreat[/post I always like what you have to say. So true, that...what you've mentioned. It is getting so beyond belief relevant to such things...we have the open borders and a former president from a while back that even shipped in a bunch of the so-called enemy, (Iraqis) and we are constantly hearing of wrongs done by the big shots and all of that is treated in a different manner. I wonder why are just plain USA family folks treated with such disdain and mistrust when others are not. What a crock. Regular citizens trying to have fun and enjoy our parks and our supposed freedoms. One wonders how much freedom and dignity we have to give up because of this so-called war on t*rrorism. Much like the war on drugs and the war on cancer and all of that...seems there is always a "war" relevant to something and nothing ever gets accomplished. Happy 4th. I hope where you are tonight you are having fun at least.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth With great freedom comes great responsibility. What I mean is if we have freedom to go out in a social gathering in a public place, we have to take responsibility to use common sense and to act responsibly and show concern for the rights of others. We have blockheads out there who would let dogs run if they could, would have a tent city with private grills blocking public grounds, stereos blasting, alcohol everywhere. Society isn't what it used to be where people knew how to act and respected one another.
But the way to fix this isn't to increase laws restricting behavior and increasing public service to ensure it. No, you need to reinstate the family and churches, teach right and wrong. It always worked in the past, it still will.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

By the time I reached your post I was chuckling to my self at all the posturing in the thread. The question validity came up early but was dismissed by op and referenced through alex jones somehow. Anyway, two and a half pages in to finally find the post to pull out the rug on this one. I'm going to read on further now to see if you get any other replies. See Ya

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

When I see things like this or experience a good old patriot grouping err tsa pat down. I keep thinking I will hear or see Rod Serling or Vic Perrin to announce we have entered the TWILIGHT ZONE or THE OUTER LIMITS .

I will leave it at that I dont want to fly off the handle and fume .

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I would've set this sign on fire. Anyone who read it and did not apply flame to it should be ashamed of themselves.

I used to live in a neighborhood where the police set up a "police outpost", until they were the victims of multiple drive-by shootings and fled the area lol. Leads me to wonder if bad neighborhoods are the last bastion of true freedom.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness
a reply to: Realtruth

When I see things like this or experience a good old patriot grouping err tsa pat down. I keep thinking I will hear or see Rod Serling or Vic Perrin to announce we have entered the TWILIGHT ZONE or THE OUTER LIMITS .

I will leave it at that I dont want to fly off the handle and fume .

Hear ya 100%

Surreal is the feeling these days

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
No thanks! I will just stay in my backyard and do all the above and then some.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The only rule on there that bothers me is the one about no dogs. But considering how crowded it could get on the 4th and the potential for a nerve wracking situation for the dogs, that's best for them anyway. Sadly, the founding fathers never would have anticipated that rules like that would be needed. But having been in the middle of more than one holiday celebration that turned bad because of some (usually alcohol-fueled) idiots, I have no problem with any of the rules that were posted there. I didn't always feel that way, but after seeing attacks on people and property as part of "celebrations", I know exactly why that park posted those rules. If there were no crimes against people and property on days that large groups congregate and often drink...then yes, those rules would be a shame.

I've lived in large cities and small towns and one of the worst things I saw was a guy who got so drunk during a "celebration" he tried to throw a dog into a bonfire. That particular incident was in a small town. In cities large and small I saw or walked into the aftermath of fights, fires (not controlled) cars getting damaged, facilities (like bathrooms, picnic shelters) getting vandalized. Things like that are what make rules like that the reality they are. And they don't happen every time, but they happen often enough that this is what ends up happening - rules that wouldn't be necessary if so many people didn't make them necessary.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
The one I find most absurd is #3.

I mean f###ing seriously? Police will search bags and coolers for "reasons of public safety" is it just me or does that just make it seem like we slipped through a wormhole into the "Nazis won WWII" universe?

People should be free to go to the park on INDEPENDENCE day without having to worry about cops searching through their personal belongings.

Que the "if you have nothing to hide" rhetoric.

Seriously though, if I lived in whatever town this abomination of an independence day celebration is being held, I would organize a boycott/protest to show just what I thought about their misconstrued idea of freedom. F### these guys.

Maybe the biggest conspiracy of all is that the Nazis didn't really loose.............hmmmmmm.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
When I was young and lived in NY, I loved the 4th of July. Back in the early 80's, we used to go to the local sump and light off mortars, block-busters, we even had a 55 gallon metal drum with a fire in it that we just used to throw mats of firecrackers in it, and M-80's and such.

I imagine these signs are being posted North of the Mason Dixon line. Because down South here (I moved way South back in 2000) The 4th of July is a HUGE holiday/event. Firework stores within walking distance, open till all hours of the night. Block parties, with drinking, and tons of fireworks going off. No more Block-busters (1/4 stick of dynamite iirc) But mortars get fired for hours on end. You can stand outside anywhere in my area and just look up and enjoy a show.

There are spots over the water though where they do professional shows, those are amazing. I've seen a few since I've been down here, but I missed this last one. I was just too tired to drive out there. So I sat out on the porch, and watched the rockets and mortars being fired up a couple blocks away. They had some decent stuff. I always had a love for the 4th and fireworks. I think I used to be a pyromaniac from ages 9 to like13, thank goodness I snapped out of that phase. Now I just watch, and I don't even drink anymore, but the 4th is still one of my favorite holidays.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join