It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ironic Independence Day Pic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
NO FUN! NO FUN! DON'T COME HERE! NO FUN!

(You were having fun! I saw you on my camera ...)

NO FUN! NO FUN! ...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

So a celebration of freedom is . . . wait, what?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

So a celebration of freedom is . . . wait, what?

Come on it'll be fun.

Now let's have a wee look-see.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
1. I have the right to have my generator/propane tank explode and burn your friends and family because this is America.
2. I have the right to pinch my tent anywhere i want before ignoring it while i get drunk. If someone gets raped, burned or murdered its their fault. Also any drugs or weapons inside my tent are not mine nor will i be responsible for them while I celebrate freedom.
3. I have the right to ignore public safety for the sake of freedom. If something bad happens it will be a false flag because bags werent checked.
4. Freedom means my drunken rages or any accidents I cause are for America! FREEDOM!
5. Fourth of July should always include large groups of undisciplined children playing with small explosives (nothing bad ever comes from this.)
6. While were at it lets make sure those vicious dogs you need protecting your castle are close by and agitated as possible the way our forefathers would want it.

edit on 3-7-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Il let some fireworks off for you guys tomorrow that are totally legal here

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

What better way to celebrate our overthrow of British tyranny than... more tyranny?

Freedom is not, nor should it ever be considered, wholly safe. That's the cost, that in order to be free, you accept the realistic view that yes, indeed, bad things can and do happen.

"This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector." -Plato
edit on 732014 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: ETA Plato

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

There is a difference between Tyranny and mitigating circumstances to avoid litigation. The American public does this to itself over and over but you always act surprised and run right to a lawyer to get your paycheck while the tears are still fresh.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

PLEASE O PLEASE, protect us from ourselves Lord Big Brother! For we are foolish and know not what what we do!

Yeah, f### that. I'll take risk over servitude and docile slavish mentality every time.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The Fourth is just a travesty now, covered over by mans wish to control.
Rome was going to be the supreme ruler of the world and yet, it fell from
within. There can not and will not be one ruler, it is just too big of a task
to take on and oversee. History shows the results over and over again.
Yet, they keep on trying. Revolt will be the ultimate end and then we start
all over again.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

There is a difference between Tyranny and mitigating circumstances to avoid litigation. The American public does this to itself over and over but you always act surprised and run right to a lawyer to get your paycheck while the tears are still fresh.

Generalizations are a dangerous mindset, friend. I believe that the responsibility of "mitigating circumstances" falls on the individual. If you lack the foresight to avoid potentially dangerous situations of your own accord, there is no one to blame but yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is why I no longer go to public venue celebrations like this. I refuse to be treated like a criminal, having my belongings and person searched by some jack-booted thugs; same reasons I no longer fly on commercial airlines.
Just last year while the cops were busy at searching innocent party-goers entering the park for a celebration, the bad guys were robbing homes across town. Whodda thunk it---especially when it was announced?
If you want to be "safe" at all times---well, as my Daddy used to say---or a paraphrase of what he used to say---"Want in one hand and spit in the other and see which fills first."

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wow.
Here I thought I was the one living in a self-important daydream, thank you everyone for reminding me how rational I really am.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Thousands of lawsuits, millions in payoffs and a constant tide of lawyers looking for a generous settlement would argue that but i digress. As usual if it doesnt happen right before your eyes it therefore will not happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Wow, I hope you really aren't that paranoid in real life.

PS- you forgot the fun notice at the bottom.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think the photo was taken in Lakewood, Ohio. Anyone from that area who can confirm this?

LINK

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Wow listen to you people bitch..every rule on there was obviously made necessary by self centered jackoffs who need their "freedoms" to be the only ones that matter. Grow up.

Where did you 'grow up,' North Korea? I've heard they have a big troll population.

The 4th amendment (along with all the others) cannot be infringed.
Even in cases that do not infringe upon constitutional rights, there is zero logic in establishing a new law in response to a crime. Criminals, by definition, break laws.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Thousands of lawsuits, millions in payoffs and a constant tide of lawyers looking for a generous settlement would argue that but i digress. As usual if it doesnt happen right before your eyes it therefore will not happen.

Which is why attorneys are near universally reviled. Those lawyers, looking to "protect" are just another form of tyrant.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld OP did the legwork, and posted the original source on page 1.

originally posted by: Realtruth
I just found the original source and person that went the extra step.

A man by the name of Tom Wysocki from Ohio tape the 4th amendment to every sign that was posted.

ACTIVIST POSTS 4TH AMENDMENT ON ORWELLIAN SIGN BANNING 4TH OF JULY

The sign (now covered in Fourth Amendment copies thanks to Tom), which is actually located in Lakewood Ohio as proven by The Lakewood Observer website, is a result of Lakewood city Mayor Mike Summers’ decision to institute the bans in order to make citizens ‘safer’. Because who cares about your independence when celebrating Independence Day. Among the regulations, which includes a ban on fireworks like sparklers, is the enactment of random and mandatory bag seizures — which the Fourth Amendment clearly protects against.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Yeah that sucks. Where the hell was that taken, and what ARE people allowed to do there?

You would think this sign would be posted at a park in North Korea, but sadly it's in Lakewood, Ohio where an idiot mayor with "safety in mind" wants to make everyone a little "safer" this independence day by removing any possibility of enjoyment with a side of rights infringement.

edit on 7/3/2014 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Forest for the trees, pal.

It really has nothing to do with the topic, but Tort reform is definitely needed. For several decades we Americans have joked about being sued over every little thing. The answer is NOT to capitulate and give up on freedom.

Misery loves company, so maybe that's why you aggressively insist that we should sacrifice our liberty in exchange for 'safety.' Thing is, I agree with my ancestors and other posters here: freedom is worth a few risks here and there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join