It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Mass Planned for Oklahoma City Sept 2014

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
The biggest problem to the humankind, is this false "democracy"...Seriously, people nowdays have too much freedom, no wonder we've lost moral values and principals.

Let me guess...you're a conservative Christian?

So who get's to decide what is "freedom" the church, the government, you?

What would your solution be to "too much freedom" ?

Can you even see your hypocrisy?
edit on 3-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Lol, I'm sure it's going to be like comic con with people dressed up like their favorite demons.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I am not a Christian.

Yes, governments are chosen by the people. Governments are the voice of people( or at least that should be the case). There's got to be some limits, we don't know anymore what and when is enough. This is a much deeper topic, and I can not go into more details because it's off-topic. If you give humans too much choices, nothing ever good comes out of it.
edit on 3-7-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
Modern Satanism is really not a religion or even worship.

Well I'm glad we got that straight. Its more like a bunch of atheists calling themselves satanists just to make a childish point.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: beezzer
If a religious ritual brings about Satan and hell on Earth and the destruction of mankind, then that is the ultimate edge to the double edged sword of freedom.

Yeah man... I hear ya.
I mean if these evil satanists have their mass, a crater could open up and swallow us all!!
Satan could literally materialise and wreak havoc!!

/sarc

Do you honestly hear yourself?

Utterly insane.

You're very adept at mocking others for their beliefs.

Odd how you focused on something you could insult and ignored the rest of my post about freedom.

Class act.

/sarc

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I am not a Christian.

Yes, governments are chosen by the people. Governments are the voice of people( or at least that should be the case). There's got to be some limits, we don't know anymore what and when is enough. This is a much deeper topic, and I can not go into more details because it's off-topic. If you give humans too much choices, nothing ever good comes out of it.

This is precisely the topic...freedom of religion!

Ok, if that's your attitude....

How about I determine what freedoms YOU are able to enjoy?

You want me to have that authority?

Your hypocrisy is disgusting!
edit on 3-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
As a conservative Christian Okie, I'm just rolling my eyes at the attention-seeking Satanists. I won't be attending but will be praying. Oklahoma is a conservative state and we're being hammered lately with nonsense like this to get us to tow the liberal line. It's not working very well but let the children throw their tantrums and make fools of themselves if they want. I'll be doing the same thing I did when my kids acted out to get attention......ignoring them.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

- Is the Catholic church correct when it says that the Satanic black mass is just a mockery of the Catholic mass and that the black mass isn't a real religious ritual? They do have a point.

- Even if the Satanic black mass is a mockery of the Catholic mass (I'm not sure if it is), does that make it any less of a religious/worship type event? Does it make the Satanic mass any less protected under the first amendment??

- Is the Civic Center doing the correct thing by allowing the Satanic black mass? (for disclosure - my position is that I think the Civic Center is correct)

This is where freedom sucks balls. But I love freedom. So let them have their black mass, and sell tickets to blasphemy. It's their right, and I would die for it. The fact that they sell tickets, kinda makes me think of it as being an entertainment venue, and not a religious one. Most Christian functions are free, they accept donations, of course. But to sell tickets to your religious worship? *Le Sigh*

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD
Thank you for replying to my post with this link. Let me just say that I read the 11 rules of Satanism and it does reinforce my original opinion. In Answer to you question:
#11) Sounds pretty evil. "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him." Destroying someone just cause they bother you sounds a bit excessive.
#10 & #9) "Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food." & "Do not harm little children." Seriously, the sheer fact that they have have to say this sounds like it should be followed by a "wink,wink, nudge ,nudge" also, I guess its OK to Kill and harm adults.
#8) "Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself." I'll deconstruct this one some other time but it is a bit of double talk.
#7) "Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained." Really? Allister Crowly, anyone?
#6)"Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved." HaHaHa! I guess the Iraqis and Afganies and Libyans and Syrians and Vietnamese know all about #6 all too well
#5)" Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal." I take this to mean, "No" means "F*ck me, stud" cause why else would she wear that dress unless it was a mating signal.
#4) " If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy." too easy, see #11
#3) "When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there." This one makes alot of sense, Hail Satan!
#2) "Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them." & "Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked." While these two (and #3 for that matter) seem benign, they express a self centered point of view.
Everything That I have read so far on the subject seem to promote lust and the quest for power. Sound pretty effen evil to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PinealJockey
Everyone is like," They are just expressing their religious beliefs" But aren't their religious beliefs (by their own admission) mainly having to do with pure and absolute evil? And if they act out 99% of their beliefs, wouldn't they be committing crimes against humanity?
So how can people be so blindly and liberally naive, and think this is just another wacky religion? I dunno. If I'm way off base here, please educate me.
The simple answer is NO. I am not a satanist, but it is complete and total fallacy to think their beliefs are 99% evil.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I'm sure it's going to be like comic con with people dressed up like their favorite demons.

Last year I went to ComicCon as the 10th Doctor from Dr. Who.

That being said ... my own religious beliefs tell me that the Satanic Black Mass is spiritually dangerous. But the fact that I'm American means that I will support their right to hold the Black Mass if they wish. Everyone has a right to freedom of religion ... or no one does.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PinealJockey

"Do not harm little children." Seriously, the sheer fact that they have have to say this sounds like it should be followed by a "wink,wink, nudge ,nudge" also, I guess its OK to Kill and harm adults.
How is the not harming children thing going in christian circles?

Also, if you read the rule above this one, you'll notice that it says "bother no one". It explicitly lays out that you should harm no one.

#7) "Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained." Really? Allister Crowly, anyone?
Its no different than the christian idea of miracles and resurrection.

#6)"Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved." HaHaHa! I guess the Iraqis and Afganies and Libyans and Syrians and Vietnamese know all about #6 all too well

What? What do they have to do with anything? You are stretching really hard...

#5)" Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal." I take this to mean, "No" means "F*ck me, stud" cause why else would she wear that dress unless it was a mating signal.
Again, what? You are putting a lot of very interesting personal projections on these...

You take "do not make sexual advances" to mean rape is okay?

Twisted.

#3) "When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there." This one makes alot of sense, Hail Satan!
reductio ad absurdum. Not a valid debate technique.

#2) "Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them." & "Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked." While these two (and #3 for that matter) seem benign, they express a self centered point of view.
Again, you are twisting things. It is selfish to not force your problems onto others? Foolishness.

Everything That I have read so far on the subject seem to promote lust and the quest for power. Sound pretty effen evil to me.
The only reason you are reading that is because you came in wanting to read that.
edit on 3-7-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: thesaneone
I'm sure it's going to be like comic con with people dressed up like their favorite demons.

Last year I went to ComicCon as the 10th Doctor from Dr. Who.

That being said ... my own religious beliefs tell me that the Satanic Black Mass is spiritually dangerous. But the fact that I'm American means that I will support their right to hold the Black Mass if they wish. Everyone has a right to freedom of religion ... or no one does.
I was at CCSD13 as well!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You're very adept at mocking others for their beliefs.

Odd how you focused on something you could insult and ignored the rest of my post about freedom.

Class act.

/sarc

Actually I'd say more at pointing out stupidity, hypocrisy and BS.
And you weren't talking about freedom for those holding the mass... you were talking about freedom for people like you, who think like you, who act like you.

You said the constitution allows it... well how gracious of you.

You also were basically saying that if we follow the good, christian, wholesome path it would all be ok and America would prosper, but if we allow this mass or any other weird people, like...say... Muslims, we know how you dislike them, to have their own services and express themselves, then...well, America will be going to hell in a handbasket.

You're so transparent.

Don't dress your posts up to be about freedom.

You want freedom for your "side" and your folks... and you want everyone else to stop pushing their beliefs and stop being so different and weird.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

No. Fail. But continue to insult. it appears that proving anything positive towards the thread appears to be beyond your abilities.

My opinion is mine.
Freedom exists on all sides. Like it or not. Don't care about your opinion, it's rather obvious.

You're boring me.

*yawn*

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If I were to vote for you, and then you become part of government, then yes, you have that authority. You keep saying that it's hypocrisy, but I fail to understand why?

Today, it's okay to worship the Devil, what will happen in the future, pedophilia is going to be considered a normal thing? They have rights also? They have freedom? Hm?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

No. Fail. But continue to insult. it appears that proving anything positive towards the thread appears to be beyond your abilities.

Proving anything positive? Not sure what that means but my initial post was positive, it was defending the rights of people to hold a mass if they so choose.
The civic centre and the satanists arranged it like any other group can and they're having the mass.
Simple... all of this hullabaloo is just fanning the flames of hatred and intolerance.
It seems that christians and those opposing it are being very negative and unconstitutional, I don't see you attacking them?

Ahhhh Hypocrisy, don't you just love it?

It is NOT news. That was my point.

That IS positive.

You don't agree and that's fine.

My opinion is mine.
Freedom exists on all sides. Like it or not. Don't care about your opinion, it's rather obvious.

You're boring me.

*yawn*

You got called out and don't like it.... simple.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Nope. You are wrong again.

I stated that the Constitution allowed it.

Anyway, I've posted what I wanted to post. You can backtrack, try to support your hate any way you desire.

Have fun with that, class act.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin
Plenty of Christian festivals that are about worship that charge a cover price.
They are using a third party venue, that doesn't come for free.
And if you think freedom sucks balls then go to ME where they force you to fille a religon and get back to us

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I see what you mean!

I'm not attacking other Christians who don't like it and think it unconstitutional.
And I'm not supporting it.

All I stated was that it was constitutional.

So in order to be "correct" I have to support and/or attack others that don't support.

No.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join