It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trucker Pulls over Trooper for using Cell Phone and Speeding...Watch this Awesome Video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: Kevinquisitor

Lol at the anonymous mask in his truck, he's not anonymous anymore.

It's Guy Faux bro. Anonymous just like to use it, it doesn't always mean he's part of that group.

But I think it gives merit to the way the trucker acted in that event. I couldn't see this working with just any cop though, that LEO knew he got caught and was kissing that trucker's ass.

ya right.

He wasted his company's time
He wasted the cops time
He just wanted his 15 mins of fame on the interwebs since all he used it for was exactly that, posting a youtube vid.

The mask just proves he is a social media freak.

To me, you seem like someone who is part of the problem, not the solution.

That truckers 15 minutes of fame was easily worth that state troopers 15 minutes of shame. Its called sending a message. The more they get away with it the worse it will become.

Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the crowd. - NOFX (with the help of youtube of course!)

The trooper acted professional, he was alert to a problem from the horn blowing, was wary of a possible hostile person, advised the trucker to stay inside his vehicle as he checked out his papers, came back and was courteous.
The trucker had zero proof the cop was speeding, was ignorant of the fact that police can use phone technology while driving in the course of duty, and was repeating his ignorance over and over as if it made a difference.

You act like the cop pistol whipped him or something, that trucker was just another social media junkie trying to make a youtube video.

He made zero difference for anything meaningful to society except for people to laugh at during coffee break scanning the latest youtube viral hits.

First of all, you honestly can't tell after the cop returned to the mans vehicle that he may have realized that he was in fact speeding, on his cell phone, during wet conditions? Cop or not, that situation should have required some better judgment.

The truck driver by law, had the right to be pulled over even if we have to agree to disagree that the officer took it personal. Using your horn does not label you as a possible hostile person as you say. I have seen many elderly people lay on their horn when they in fact were the ones causing the issue. They are mainly good for an audible middle finger and alerting someone backing out of a parking spot that may hit you.

I feel like you think the officer had probable cause to pull him over simply for the mask he displays in his truck. Oh no, he may question authority!...Lets give him a hard time until he gives us a reason to arrest him. That's where we're headed if not already there. This cop was different, thankfully.

Do you agree police officers should be able to use their cell phones while driving? Can't their reaction time be affected and cause accidents as well? There is wireless Bluetooth and speakerphone through car stereo so no excuses. If you and I have to shell out the cash to allow cellphone usage or be ticketed, there is no reason they can't either. Please use my tax dollars for that.

This one YouTube video may have stopped twenty overzealous, speeding, cellphone using officers to understand that when they think we are powerless behind our automobiles watching them zoom by us, we can still call them out.
edit on 1-7-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Oh that is a classic moment..
However, I do need to give the cop props for doing the right thing.. L o freakin L

gotta wonder if the chief will commend him or give him a blanket party

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Two things to note here. It's now illegal to film or video record cops in Illinois in the performance of their duties.

Second, my local newspaper has a column where they answer questions. I wrote in and asked if police, firefighters, and ambulance personnel in Illinois are subject to the same cell phone and seat belt laws as civilians. The newspaper never used my question. Wonder why.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It's Guy Faux bro. Anonymous just like to use it, it doesn't always mean he's part of that group.

But I think it gives merit to the way the trucker acted in that event. I couldn't see this working with just any cop though, that LEO knew he got caught and was kissing that trucker's ass.

ya right.

He wasted the cops time
He just wanted his 15 mins of fame on the interwebs since all he used it for was exactly that, posting a youtube vid.

That truckers 15 minutes of fame was easily worth that state troopers 15 minutes of shame. Its called sending a message. The more they get away with it the worse it will become.

Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the crowd. - NOFX (with the help of youtube of course!)

The trooper acted professional, he was alert to a problem from the horn blowing, was wary of a possible hostile person, advised the trucker to stay inside his vehicle as he checked out his papers, came back and was courteous.
The trucker had zero proof the cop was speeding, was ignorant of the fact that police can use phone technology while driving in the course of duty, and was repeating his ignorance over and over as if it made a difference.

You act like the cop pistol whipped him or something, that trucker was just another social media junkie trying to make a youtube video.

He made zero difference for anything meaningful to society except for people to laugh at during coffee break scanning the latest youtube viral hits.

First of all, you honestly can't tell after the cop returned to the mans vehicle that he may have realized that he was in fact speeding, on his cell phone, during wet conditions? Cop or not, that situation should have required some better judgment.

The truck driver by law, had the right to be pulled over even if we have to agree to disagree that the officer took it personal. Using your horn does not label you as a possible hostile person as you say. I have seen many elderly people lay on their horn when they in fact were the ones causing the issue. They are mainly good for an audible middle finger and alerting someone backing out of a parking spot that may hit you.

I feel like you think the officer had probable cause to pull him over simply for the mask he displays in his truck. Oh no, he may question authority!...Lets give him a hard time until he gives us a reason to arrest him. That's where we're headed if not already there. This cop was different, thankfully.

Do you agree police officers should be able to use their cell phones while driving? Can't their reaction time be affected and cause accidents as well? There is wireless Bluetooth and speakerphone through car stereo so no excuses. If you and I have to shell out the cash to allow cellphone usage or be ticketed, there is no reason they can't either. Please use my tax dollars for that.

This one YouTube video may have stopped twenty overzealous, speeding, cellphone using officers to understand that when they think we are powerless behind our automobiles watching them zoom by us, we can still call them out.

Naw, the truckdriver was just butthurt he got a speeding ticket recently, as the cop proved when he recited it from his record.

That makes him just another troublemaker, whining baby who can't stand to be corrected. He acted out by harassing an officer and is lucky he didn't pick a bad one to pull his stunt on.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: TinfoilTP
You mean the same way you make zero difference for anything meaningful to society for you flapping your gums here? Grow up, stupid ass cops should be exposed and shamed by the public, they sure as hell aren't doing the job of weeding out idiots on their own.

Anyone posting here on ATS is not doing so to attempt to create viral videos on youtube for a moment of fame like the "idiot" truck driver.
It must take the mental capacity of a gnat to compare the two and think it is relevant to the discussion.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConvincedMan
Two things to note here. It's now illegal to film or video record cops in Illinois in the performance of their duties.

Second, my local newspaper has a column where they answer questions. I wrote in and asked if police, firefighters, and ambulance personnel in Illinois are subject to the same cell phone and seat belt laws as civilians. The newspaper never used my question. Wonder why.

first,,you dont talk about fight club
second.. you dont talk about fight club

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConvincedMan

Incorrect sir. The Supreme Court has ruled it is perfectly within our rights. The old wiretapping laws not withstanding when it comes to officers. Film away.

Source

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Oh please, we post here for the same reasons, to gain recognition for our thoughts and actions. You can try to deny it if you want, Sounds like you are just jealous that he got a whole lot of recognition and support for his actions to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Oh please, we post here for the same reasons, to gain recognition for our thoughts and actions. You can try to deny it if you want, Sounds like you are just jealous that he got a whole lot of recognition and support for his actions to me.

It takes a lot of guts to pull over a State Trooper.

I don't care where your from. I would not have done it.

But dang, It was sure fun to watch.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

ya right.

He wasted the cops time

Naw, the truckdriver was just butthurt he got a speeding ticket recently, as the cop proved when he recited it from his record.

That makes him just another troublemaker, whining baby who can't stand to be corrected. He acted out by harassing an officer and is lucky he didn't pick a bad one to pull his stunt on.

Ok first, it wasn't a speeding ticket it was "a headlight or something", quoting the cop.

The officer was the troublemaker and the truck driver blew his horn. Agree to disagree.

The cop couldn't stand to be corrected and without the truck driver pressing the issue, or in your eyes harass the officer, he would have been another victim of do as I say, not as I do.

Stop trolling, your argument is baseless.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
Yeah, personally, I avoid all police whenever necessary, which thankfully is most of the time where I live. Only ever catch a glimpse of them when I take the drive to moncton or go visit family in NS.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I don't know what rights the police in US have and don't. BUT in Sweden, police have a right to speed even without their sirens. As it might be work related and the work isn't always with SIRENS on. People don't understand that. That guy is just trying to be a wise-ass. It's cool when you know your stuff and when you correct people that have done something bad/wrong. But in this case this redneck truck driver is just trying to be a wise-ass and make his film known on the internet.

Lame.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tmpxvx

I smell a cop! ^^^^

What if the cop was chatting it up with the mistress~ Thought about the wife finding out in court, taking the house, the kids and half of everything he owns and was like O' Hell Nah bro.. your freeeeee ta-go! As a matter of fact let me give you this nice report to take back the company along with a free truck wash, Starbucks cards. You like stickers because I think I gots some stickers in the trunk. I know you honked the honk to protect me yous a mighty fine man their sir, Oh' you say I was on the phone.. I, I, I didn't realize thank you once again sir... I see you recently got a ticket for a light, well, well, well lets just say I don't want to tarnish your mighty fine driving record with this useless honking ticket, since you were pro(" ")tecting me! Wink, Wink!! Good day sir...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I LOVE that he a had a Guy Fawkes mask... it just made the video

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Can someone explain to me how to pull a cop over?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I thought the trucker was a tad pushy however he really missed the best question. " Officer how much have you had to drink today? " : ) Good Cop and good on the trucker. It is actually pretty good PR for the Troopers. Re: the ATS twits mocking said trucker for fame and fortune on YouTube ? You're dismissed.
edit on 2-7-2014 by dazbog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tmpxvx
Most places I have lived in the US, the only times cops were "permitted" to speed, was on the way to a call, and lights and sirens must be on to warn other people on the road. Cops are expected to drive safely like everyone else, why shouldn't they be?

edit on Wed, 02 Jul 2014 10:03:41 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Looks good on him. Talk about turning the tables ion these guys! Well done OP, well done.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gavvvvvin
I have to respectfully disagree. In the United States,
Police officers do not have any additional rights nor
are there special exemptions from any law for police
officers.

Anyone can make a citizens arrest if they see someone
breaking the law, even a police officer.

Police officers are not allowed to speed unless they are
responding to a call, further more, police officers
(at least here in California) are not exempted from using
cell phones while driving (while responding to a call or not)

I say all this, not to start an argument, but someone asked
the question 'what was the whole point of the trucker doing this?'

Well... I think that was the point.

Rebel 5

edit on 2-7-2014 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I would never pull over a cop like that.... You're just asking for trouble. (Gutsy guy though!)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join