It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trucker Pulls over Trooper for using Cell Phone and Speeding...Watch this Awesome Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
a reply to: whyamIhere

I wonder if he strained his neck with all that back-pedaling

Got a great laugh out of that comment.

OP great post-- AWESOME. I want to get a camera right on baseball hat.

Rebel 5

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's like the Trucker pulled a Jedi mind trick on him..one minute the Cop was all in his face, the next he was like..."The Violations you are looking for are not here, Next!"... lol

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

what the cop realized
is that if the guy showed up in court
to fight a bogus use of horn fine
there might have been some questions
of what johnny law was doing speeding
while talking on the phone...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Lol, cop tried everything he could to give that guy a ticket, but the guy was squared away
PORK FAIL

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: spoonbender

what the cop realized

He sat there and thought about how that dashcam would look in court.

I don't think the Driver had a dashcam. I think we would of seen it.

Then he writes some cheesy Inspection report.

Like he's doing the Trucker a favor.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: spoonbender

what the cop realized

I lol'd at your post simply because of the reference to "Johnny Law". I have to ask where you are from because of that reference. Not exact... But a general area If you don't mind of course. I have never heard anyone far out of the state of Virginia use that term.

I could be wrong I suppose. Maybe people all over use it and I just never heard it. It brought back fond memories.

To OP - I would love to see more of this in the future. I think the only way we are going to curb the police brutality that is going on is to air it for the world to see.

My husband and I got pulled over the other night for no brake light. I had just gotten a ticket for it the week before. It wasn't the bulb but a problem with the wiring harness and that took some time to get fixed for various reasons. Our inspection sticker was also expired because of the brake light. We didn't see any point in paying for a rejection sticker in the interim and knew we were taking a chance.

As soon as I got pulled over, a small child (that's what he looked like anyway) walks up to my window and asks if I knew why he pulled me over. No use in lying about it so I told him for my brake light. He said nope. Your inspection sticker, but then I saw your light. I told him we knew the light was out so we didn't bother getting it inspected until the light was fixed. He went back to his car and then returned with a ticket for my brake light and said he was letting me go for the sticker. He offered to testify in court on my behalf that it was a wiring issue and not just a bulb and said if it was fixed before the court date that he would ask for the ticket to be dropped.

Fast forward to me and my husband getting pulled again. The cop came up and asked for my husband's license and he didn't have it. He had just come back to town from a trip and his license was left in his bag at home. So the cop walks around and checks the tires, the brake light, the inspection sticker and comes back. The whole time I am trying to figure out how we are going to pay for all of these tickets. Which is one reason it took us a bit longer to have the wiring fixed.

He comes back to the window and explains he could ticket us for tires (wth?), inspection sticker, driving without a license, and no brake light. Then proceeds to let us go. No ticket. No nothing. He talked for a few minutes about how he knew times were tight and he did his job hoping to keep the roads safe and not put more hardships on the community by ticketing them to death. I could have cried with relief. Seriously. I was expecting the worst. I also could not have complained had I gotten it.

I just shared because we talk a lot about bad cops here and we rarely see anything about good cops. There are some left here and there that are trying to make their community safer.

If we can start outing these bad cops... The good ones can do a better job.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It's been a while now, but I had a similar experience too with a good cop. I peeled around this truck that was going far too slow, but in doing so, I went well above the speed limit, through an intersection, right past a cop haha.

He pulls me over, tells me how it wouldn't be a good idea to give a ticket in this economy, tells me very sternly not to do anything like that again.....then lets me go, no ticket. I think I said a prayer after I got back in my car haha. Good people do exist, they're just fewer and fewer of them out there.

Moral of the story....I've never driven like that since. If you uphold the law respectfully, people will respectfully obey.
edit on 1-7-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Wow, that truckie really thinks he got one up on the cop? Just made himself look ignorant.

I don't now about over in the US, but over here police are exempt from certain road rules.

There is plenty of good reasons why a cop would be speeding or using his phone whilst driving whilst in the course of duty.

"Do you think your above the law?" No. police arent. But they have plenty of additional rights and powers. Hence the point of police.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hahaha, exactly. So basically he was still above the law by being able to use those lines

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I have nothing against cops. I think most of them respect their position. It's good to see at least one instance though where an abusive one gets brought down to the level of the rest of us. This is pretty awesome.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The story has hit MSM, after over 2.5 million views of the video…

When truck driver Brian Miner was pulled over by an Illinois state trooper for honking his horn unnecessarily, it was the trooper who got an earful.

Miner, with his camera recording, brazenly turned the tables on what he believed was a police trooper driving recklessly, with video of the encounter viewed more than 2.5 million times since it was uploaded on YouTube last week.

The Illinois State Police department has confirmed that the man in the video is a state trooper and says the matter is under review. (Source)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Lol at the anonymous mask in his truck, he's not anonymous anymore.

It's Guy Faux bro. Anonymous just like to use it, it doesn't always mean he's part of that group.

But I think it gives merit to the way the trucker acted in that event. I couldn't see this working with just any cop though, that LEO knew he got caught and was kissing that trucker's ass.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
The story has hit MSM, after over 2.5 million views of the video…

When truck driver Brian Miner was pulled over by an Illinois state trooper for honking his horn unnecessarily, it was the trooper who got an earful.

Miner, with his camera recording, brazenly turned the tables on what he believed was a police trooper driving recklessly, with video of the encounter viewed more than 2.5 million times since it was uploaded on YouTube last week.

The Illinois State Police department has confirmed that the man in the video is a state trooper and says the matter is under review. (Source)

Wow, when I posted this yesterday it had 50,000 hits...

If I know Cops...They will never let him hear the end of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
As funny as this video is I believe that the trucker has just painted a huge target on his back.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A report from 2009 in the UK,

Police cause nine crashes a day and have killed 150 people in road smashes since 2004

More than nine road crashes a day are caused by police – with many caused by basic driving errors.

Police-related car accidents have also claimed more than 150 lives since 2004, including 79 during chases.

The figures, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act reveal officers admitted causing 3,357 smashes last year – an average of more than 64 a week.

At least 2,492 of the victims were driving another vehicle, while 56 were motorcyclists or cyclists and at least 22 were pedestrians.

Of these, 126 needed hospital treatment, The Mirror reported.

City spends millions on cop car accidents

Seven million dollars could buy an awful lot of new teachers for Chicago Public Schools. It could help pay for ambitious homeless programs, contribute to affordable housing efforts, or go toward hiring more police officers to patrol the city’s most crime-ridden neighborhoods.

Instead, it’s how much money Chicago spent last year settling lawsuits for police car accidents.

edit on 1-7-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kevinquisitor

It's Guy Faux bro. Anonymous just like to use it, it doesn't always mean he's part of that group.

But I think it gives merit to the way the trucker acted in that event. I couldn't see this working with just any cop though, that LEO knew he got caught and was kissing that trucker's ass.

ya right.

He wasted his company's time
He wasted the cops time
He just wanted his 15 mins of fame on the interwebs since all he used it for was exactly that, posting a youtube vid.

The mask just proves he is a social media freak.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

ya right.

He wasted the cops time
He just wanted his 15 mins of fame on the interwebs since all he used it for was exactly that, posting a youtube vid.

To me, you seem like someone who is part of the problem, not the solution.

That truckers 15 minutes of fame was easily worth that state troopers 15 minutes of shame. Its called sending a message. The more they get away with it the worse it will become.

Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the crowd. - NOFX (with the help of youtube of course!)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Again, what exactly was the truckers point (despite displaying his ignorance about the law which he claims to know so much about)?

The police officer remained professional and explained the situation. The trucker was nothing more than a passive aggressive smart@ss who broke several laws himself.

Why is he some kind of hero ATS?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

ya right.

He wasted the cops time

To me, you seem like someone who is part of the problem, not the solution.

That truckers 15 minutes of fame was easily worth that state troopers 15 minutes of shame. Its called sending a message. The more they get away with it the worse it will become.

Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the crowd. - NOFX (with the help of youtube of course!)

The trooper acted professional, he was alert to a problem from the horn blowing, was wary of a possible hostile person, advised the trucker to stay inside his vehicle as he checked out his papers, came back and was courteous.
The trucker had zero proof the cop was speeding, was ignorant of the fact that police can use phone technology while driving in the course of duty, and was repeating his ignorance over and over as if it made a difference.

You act like the cop pistol whipped him or something, that trucker was just another social media junkie trying to make a youtube video.

He made zero difference for anything meaningful to society except for people to laugh at during coffee break scanning the latest youtube viral hits.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
You mean the same way you make zero difference for anything meaningful to society for you flapping your gums here? Grow up, stupid ass cops should be exposed and shamed by the public, they sure as hell aren't doing the job of weeding out idiots on their own.

edit on Tue, 01 Jul 2014 19:13:58 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join