It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world would be more fair if the homeless ruled rather than rich politicians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
And I suppose you think open-source is a bad thing too?....Can't have technology everyone needs be affordable or even "free" now, can we?.

I have technology, I'm not talking to you via snail-mail here, but it would really be nice to get my internet at a more reasonable price instead of getting it bundled up with a bunch of outdated garbage I don't need like phone and cable or satellite, that's just one example of many.

Do some research and try to find something that hasn't been invented yet, I am always looking for a better way to do things, but intellectual property laws and codes, permits and taxes won't let you do much.

Never said anything about rights, like many really know what they are anyway.

Go get some coffee....

a reply to: matadoor

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Oh this is priceless. No, open source is great, like minds coming together and making a better product. BUT, the cores that are used, the computers, monitors, and other needed stuff, yeah you pay for that.

This is a gem though:

"Do some research and try to find something that hasn't been invented yet,"

Every single day, literally THOUSANDS of things are patented. Once I find mine, I will be grabbing every dollar that it generates and planning to buy a small island someplace. And yes, I have several ideas in the pipe waiting to be vetted out by capital investors.

As far as your internet connection goes, that's supply and demand.

Why don't you invent a better way to do it instead of bitching about it?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The world would be a lot more fair if Democracy actually involved the People. Today daily agendas are voted on by polititions inside a closed room. People have no idea what is being democratically voted on by their elected representatives.

Democracy is a rule that involves sosial inforcment where the majority of votes rule over the minority. The poor are not poor because the People want it. The Poor are poor because Our polititions have more important Things on their agenda.

Poor People will not be any better polititions than what we have. It is how Democracy is being practised that is worng.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Again i still say none were needed - sure some are helpful but there is no need for most of them.

Wheel - yes useful but not a need as are all the others and by the way most companies lost money on the hula hoop craze.

The only thing 'needed' to survive is water, oxygen and a small quantity of food.

You also mentioned that some make people happy so why is it that all anthropological studies i have read point to the hunter gatherer tribes as being rated as having the happiest lives.

I don't think they have any of the inventions we all seem to need and are happier for it apparently. But that is not acceptable for most in the West who feel the need for all this crap we consume pointlessly everyday wasting so much of the planets precious resources .

Just step out of the 'money is everything and must have the latest whatever' for a moment and you can see it is just a way to keep everyone under control - why do you think it is all but impossible legally to go off grid and live like this?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
he lives as if he is never going to die,
and then dies having never really lived”

~ Dalai Lama

Now consider the fact that this guy doesn't have to work toward his own sustenance and never has had to, a quote from someone who could not possibly realistically understand anything.

Politics and religion are in league against humanity and humanity becoming anything closer to free and right.

The entire manmade world is a fabrication and not reality, a contrivance, religion speaks in riddles and allegory to keep you from realizing it is total bull# and a lie.

There is a lot that needs to be fixed here, and the only way to see it clearly is to step away and observe from a distance.

If you can afford to step away and still enjoy technology, if you know you have a place to go back to when you are done with your "truth quest" you are not far enough away to see things for what they truly are.

edit on 28-6-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: dit

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 4evernewb

I was homeless at the time and the incumbents goons (I assume) made sure I didn't remember doing it so I wouldn't follow through with the check and petition.

They "made sure" you didn't remember it? How?
Knock you upside the head? Gave you amnesia? Or were you drunk and blacked out when you did it?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I once read that 85% of the homeless have drug and/or alcohol problems

I don't see them being in charge of anything except holding signs asking for money

a reply to: arpgme

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I once read that 85% of the homeless have drug and/or alcohol problems

I don't see them being in charge of anything except holding signs asking for money

I figure anyone holding a sign wearing better shoes than I am is doing just fine. Take a look next time you see a sign holder. I don't give anyone at a frwy off ramp or intersection money. But if I see them at a fast food joint when I am there, lunch is on me and sometimes that 4 or 5 people.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Just because you experience horrible things in your life does mean that those experiences will shape you for the better. They may instead make you bitter and selfish.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You have ignorant money grubbing politicians, most in fact, and you have ignorant drug dependent homelessness. The key word in both is ignorance. I just want someone who isn't ignorant in a genuine way.

If you truly understand than you would do what is best for all, because in the long run you know its what's best for you too. Just because those born into the world oligarchy appear enlightened or are forced through a ridiculously fierce school regiment to obtain "knowledge" are still in their own way being controlled and true enlightenment diminished.

Either that, or "they" those who govern the governors, are enlightened and understand that morality and ethics are just silly overlays that we construct to give ourselves a sense of relevance when in fact we are irrelevant.

Or lastly, Satan and his minions, or the Annunaki, Aliens what have you, really are our masters and we are their slaves.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
You have ignorant money grubbing politicians, most in fact, and you have ignorant drug dependent homelessness. The key word in both is ignorance. I just want someone who isn't ignorant in a genuine way.

A good example of this is when a truly poor person happens to win the lottery. How many of them actually manage to make their lives better in any lasting way by managing their newfound wealth in a wise way?

Ignorance

So why would you expect them to "rule the world" better?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Who knows about discrimination more than the homeless who get bullied and beat up?

Who knows more about injustice than the homeless who are treated as a lesser human being just for being poor?

Who is more kind than those who humble themselves before all others asking for their help?

The homeless has the right perspective to make sure that things stay with equality and justice. They actually experience the worst suffering, embarrassment, and humiliation by society.

But it seems people would rather want charismatic, attractive, rich politicians who speak with clear word pronunciation and expensive suits and has never been poor and seen what it's like on the 'other side' rather than just the 'rich/middle class' side.

If you took a politician out of power and made him homeless would he not learn the suffering of them? The same can be said about the homeless man. Put a homeless man in power and that power will corrupt him, maybe not immediately but eventually it will. It is foolish to believe that material makes a man when it's truly the mind of the man that makes him or breaks him.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"Hail to the new king. Same as the old king."

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Same thing, just with less sophistication. That is not even considering the homeless that have mental problems.

Power corrupts....absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't think the rich should rule but saying we should give our rights over to those in hardship is equally un-appealing.
I would like to see people voted into rule based on their ideas and actions not promises.

The problem is we need to protect ourselves and also have human desires to succeed which will be put at risk by letting too liberal or peaceful rulers have control.

There is a feeling we need to change the way we allow ourselves to be governed but we are a long way of peace. There is also the counter argument that such a course would slow down society advancement.

We need goals and reward for achievement but we allow to people to hold on to power who are not contributing enough good.

We need to consider what we really want before deciding how to get there.

Reward being able to buy wastefull things or giving us the life we want.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Sober liars?

Since when are politicians sober?

Seriously, they are even more drunk than any homeless person could hope (afford) to be...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Please, you can't be that naive to actually believe your post.

Their are horrible homeless people and their are not.
Their are horrible politicians and their are not.

On Monday I will take a pic of the one of many homeless drunks and drug users in this city. My favorite is the guy who has a sign saying "homeless, will do anything for food" but he is passed out on the ground with a whole bunch of empty beer cans around him.

You could go into many houses of people that are considered rich and find just as many drugs along with alcohol and other weak things like that.

The point is the common thing between them both is they are human and that is was causes corruption.

Being poor makes you no more noble or honorable than someone that is successful, it just makes you different.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Nothing can be fixed with the same systems in force today, our current systems are outdated, obsolete and unsustainable.

Like a city that grows and needs to expand it's water treatment facilities and sewage treatment facilities and other infrastructure, the latest technology is used as it becomes available to improve efficiency and save resources.
Everything evolves and advances and becomes more effective and efficient except government and people management.

Some things cannot work if the only desired end result is profit, some things have to have different desired end results aside from profit so some other things can remain profitable and some people who are not needed as they were before don't end up homeless and hungry.

Everything is a compromise and there are those who realize this, there are several societies within a society at work here as there are different religions and different races and different species in existence which in the past somehow worked better than they do now, technology has removed the need for many laborers to do much of the work.

People have become too dependent on a system that is designed to utilize them, but no longer needs them because of increases in efficiency. Something has to be done to make it possible to earn a living and have a place to live even if some people are a bit lazy and lacking in skills.

A lot of these people without jobs or a place to live didn't do anything wrong, their opportunities have been removed because the jobs they used to have are no longer there.

Stop with the druggie drunk on the corner stories, those have always been around and always will be. Remember Otis on Andy Griffith?, that's just one example but it isn't funny any more, is it?.

Many look upon the homeless and unemployed as a drain on society's resources, but fail to admit that anyone who cannot go out and get their own stuff is a drain, and that is a step in a dangerous direction when we are influenced to be just a bit more ruthless than we are already.

We already euthanize our pets that we supposedly love......

edit on 29-6-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: ditditdit

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Here be an article that touches on some relevant points, some important points.
www.zerohedge.com... -06-28/martin-armstrong-warns-civil-unrest-rising-everywhere-wont-end-pretty
Hope der linkety link werks....
The true rulers of your world are not who many of you seem to think they are. Read the comments after the article and research what some of the posters talk about.
But wait, maybe just ignore this whole post considering y'all decided to blame those who cannot speak for themselves already, just like those who run your world want you to do.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
"A lot of these people without jobs or a place to live didn't do anything wrong, their opportunities have been removed because the jobs they used to have are no longer there. "

Then move to where the jobs are, like the rest of us have always done. North Dakota has 25,000 open positions even as I type.

I have moved 46 times over my span of career finding better employment or just keeping the job I have.

This liberal bleed heart crap is what has us in the state we are in now, watching illegals flooding our borders trying to find a free ride, with Pelosi standing there welcoming in those new Democratic voters with open arms.

Who pays for all this crap?

Yeah, us, the ones actually working. And I for one am getting damned tired of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join