It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death Experiences Are Overwhelmingly Peaceful

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Thanks for your reply BO XIAN. I agree with a lot of the things you said. I think its out of our understanding to say for sure, but I know that I don't want to commit suicide, even if I have depression and those thoughts a lot.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shamaniski

I was there in my teens. Decided the risk of God's displeasure was somewhere NOT AT ALL WORTH GOING.

PLEASE SEEK OUT COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY for depression. I think it has another name now. IT IS EFFECTIVE; LONG LASTING; WITHOUT SIDE EFFECTS.

It does take work. It IS WORTH IT.

Make sure the therapist is experienced in it and has a compassionate heart.

There are some good books and articles on the topic, too.

Also, you might look up Dr Caroline Leaf's research on toxic brain stuff and how to overcome it. It's much in the same ball park.

Feel free to PM me whenever you want to.

Blessings,

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Thanks for your understanding. I am in therapy and so far I have depression/anxiety. May have other disorders but IDK. I am thankful that I have got a little better though through Religion, counselling, and medication. I didn't mean to make the thread into a discussion about my own problems and to get away from NDE so we can get back on that

edit on 30-6-2014 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shamaniski

No sweat. Please ask your counselor about COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY FOR DEPRESSION. You can also look it up on the net.

Blessings in your growth.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

No, I am most definitely not describing lucid dreaming. This statement you've made alone illustrates your lack of understanding in relation to these things.

The subjective experience always outranks empirical evidence when the experiencer is educated on the subject.

It's not real? Then tell me, what is? If it were not real there would be no knowledge of it's existence at all - because it wouldn't exist.

It's cool though, go ahead and keep fooling yourself into believing you know more about things than anyone else - especially those who have first hand experience and years of research under their belt.

Full definition of IGNORANT

a : destitute of knowledge or education ; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified

b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Some remember them and some don't . My son had one, the only thing is, when he returned to body, being given a choice to go or stay, he was 100% healthy, he had been deathly ill. He was instantly well.

Now, there are lots of debates about parts of the body human, and brain that do certain things, but they're not the same, they don't account for the kind of details, conversations down the hallway, blind seeing, and healings that take place.

As for seeing or reading something out of body. Maybe those studies were real, but military are said to have done far more, so I kind of think they've been falsified or skewed. But for most out of body experiencers, they probably not quite in our realm. It hardly matters anyway.

My friend astrally projects, and I didn't know, my mother had reported it too as a child, so I thought maybe they're nutty in a nice way. Until she came over one night, sat on my bed and talked to me about things, don't recall what she was saying, but I woke up, jumped up, searched the house for her, because I knew she had come. The next morning she had coffee bright and early with me and showed me where she sat on the bed talking to me.
edit on 1-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just want to add a link to this thread for the skeptics, because its a very valid case, strong evidence. I don't know if this is something that can be absolutely proved to everyone, but strong evidence is important. Also backed up by testimony of the other surgeons and hospital staff and apparently very common, not to this extent of clear evidence however. This man related things that were not even there when he went under, and he woke up in a different room.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Famous Cardiac Surgeon’s Stories of Near Death Experiences in Surgery

I would suggest that those experienced peace, but don't have memories, its because they got pixie dust and trip back home and some really incredible joy and directions, but we're all in tests here, so many don't get to remember, but their soul does, and they can touch base with their soul stone on a daily basis for guidance.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: Psynic

The feeling of peace that I'm referring to is an inner peace around the Near Death Experience. It's not about everything, just the NDE. Having a NDE doesn't make someone enlightened and not having one doesn't mean someone is not enlightened. Personally, I don't believe there is any correlation between NDE and enlightenment.

I must have missed something.

What do you recall experiencing during your NDE?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join