It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death Experiences Are Overwhelmingly Peaceful

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I'm glad you survived, it's pretty crazy how we can look back on a horrible situation and be thankful it occurred.

As far as the actual NDE, I don't recall the time period from 30 minutes prior to it happening nor did I see a bright tunnel or light or anything that I can remember anyway. The only thing that remained was that feeling of overwhelming peace and joy, and I kept thinking about my family that had passed away.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thanks for the reply.

NDE just not my cup of tea, being that at Age 6 I turned blue and stopped breathing for about 7 minutes.

Didn't see anything... at least nothing I remember.

First hand experience left me lacking for any NDE.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

One researcher . . . I forget who . . . checked that issue out.

The statistics are so lop-sided because

WHEN a person has an NDE experience that involves hell . . . IF THE PERSON IS NOT INTERVIEWED WITHIN MINUTES or some such . . . the horrors of hell are soooo awful that the memories are intensely repressed to the point of not being remembered.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

So instead of a terrible feeling about the horrors of hell, God makes them think it was a peaceful experience and something not to be afraid of? How does that help that person change who they are to stay away from hell?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I didn't realize I communicated so poorly.

The PERSON themselves represses their MEMORIES of the horrors of hell.

I assume that their spirit and some parts of their unconscious still retains the lessons of the visit to hell.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It is interesting that a small portion of the people who have a negative NDE. Could it have something to do at where they are in their life? Do the people experiencing a negative NDE believe in hell, that they are deserving to be damned forever and that's why the experience is bad?

Having had a positive NDE, I can't relate to the horrible experience others have had, but they are interesting to read about. I personally don't believe in hell, eternal damnation doesn't sound like something a loving god would do.

a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Thanks!!! I've never seen that site. I'll check it out.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The same can be said for positive experiences as well. I don't recall anything other than the feeling of overwhelming peace and subsequently becoming in afraid of death. While the process of dying is still frightening, death is not.

It's my belief that the spirit molecule is responsible for NDE's, what one sees and feels. Often times the memories fade very quickly with the spirit molecule. Dr Rick Strassman's book 'The Spirit Molecule' is a good read on the subject of '___'. It's too bad it's a banned word on ATS since it's most likely naturally occurring in living things.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I've heard of Strassman but haven't studied his work.

I fail to understand how the 'spirit molecule' could manage causing someone to see a tennis shoe on top of an air conditioning duct near the top of an operating theater that the out-of-body patient saw and that was later confirmed to be there.

And, many of the NDE Heaven visitors have reported their visual and verbal memories to be kind of emblazoned indelibly on their memories for all time. Not sure how that meshes with what you are reporting.

Thx for your contribution to the thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is quite intriguing however..

Most people aren't afraid of death, because they know they will die one day. In fact what people fear is how you going to die is the major point. Most looking forward to die old and content, some daredevil expect quick painless death with a smile on their face since they did something crazy.

Majority of people fear to die in pain or anything worse than that.

Once they experienced a NDE, their fear for death lessen or greatly. I find that amazing, since scientist say is due chemical stuff in your brain that cause it. religious leader says "its the god who came to you and gave comfort and said that it was not your time" . etc etc..

*keeps reading the thread with great interest*

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
For a good site for anyone interested in NDEs try going to NDERF.org. I think it is the largest collection of NDEs out there. New ones are added all the time from all over the world and from all different cultural and religious backgrounds.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
... someone to see a tennis shoe on top of an air conditioning duct near the top of an operating theater that the out-of-body patient saw and that was later confirmed to be there.

The 5-year "AWARE study" did not record a single instance of a person seeing hidden objects during their NDE.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Parnia#AWARE
edit on 29-6-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
sorry double post.
edit on 29-6-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

WHEN a person has an NDE experience that involves hell . . . IF THE PERSON IS NOT INTERVIEWED WITHIN MINUTES or some such . . . the horrors of hell are soooo awful that the memories are intensely repressed to the point of not being remembered.

Oh, that's convenient.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It is peaceful in a way, when your brain shuts down you can't really think or feel so its nothing. When I was pronounced dead it was like I took a dozen sleeping pills.
edit on 29-6-2014 by 3u40r15m because: edit

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

Doesn't move me.

It only takes one. And there have been dozens. I don't know what the percentages are of those who see hidden objects; find out information impossible for them to have found out otherwise.

e.g. Colton Burpo in HEAVEN IS FOR REAL.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

Making it clickable

www.NDERF.org...

Thx.

This is an interesting research study article from that site.

www.nderf.org...

edit on 29/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 29/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: forgot link

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
oops...
edit on 29-6-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

I've experienced Sleep Paralysis since I was a kid and it increased into my teens and remains a part of my life as an adult. Through SP I have experienced involuntary OBE's frequently enough that I've figured out a way to induce them on my own - without drugs.

OBE's are incredible and come with a range of different emotions. The environment you experience them in is an 99% exact recreation of the environment your physical body is in at the time of OBE. The changes are subtle, such as the type of window blinds or the color of the walls.

You can travel in this environment in many ways. You can walk, float or fly. You can walk through walls, travel around your city or even fly into space and it's all an exact recreation from your own mind.

My interest in what an OBE is, because I have had these experiences, led me to read a lot of material concerning them. This also led me to study NDE cases.

It's really amazing how similar OBE's and NDE's can be. So many aspects are present in both. However, there is a major difference in the two. It can almost be described as a form of duality and those who are experiencing OBE's are only experiencing 1 half.

A few of the most obvious missing aspects of an OBE, compared to an NDE, is that of a higher being, a life review, unlimited knowledge, peace with death, the overwhelming realization that the afterlife is real, the desire to stay in the afterlife and the unwillingness - even fear of returning to the physical body, among others.

Anyone can read a few papers about chemical reactions in the brain and regurgitate what they were told to mean, but that is not real knowledge or understanding. Refuting what you've never experienced, because you've read a few papers, is ignorant. I'm not suggesting you should have an NDE, but until you have, telling others they are not what they think they are is irresponsible, naïve, and ignorant as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The classic: "It wasn't god it was humans" argument. I fail to see why people would replace death and terror with a warm fuzzy feeling. People who fought in Vietnam repress memories from war, that doesn't mean they think the experience was happy and peaceful.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thanks for the reply.

NDE just not my cup of tea, being that at Age 6 I turned blue and stopped breathing for about 7 minutes.

Didn't see anything... at least nothing I remember.

First hand experience left me lacking for any NDE.

Of course you didn't see anything. What probably happened to you is similar to what happens when you put someone to sleep in a choke hold. You eventually wake up.

For those of you who had experienced NDE, in what direction did you exit from your body?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join