It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death Experiences Are Overwhelmingly Peaceful

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This thread.. lol. Let just say that these "experiments", although very "peaceful" and warm or whatever, are only an intermediate stage between dying and irremediable death. What is seen or perceived aint got any truth in it, it is absolutely subjective and totally related to the individual's experiences, memories, emotions, character, beliefs, expectations.

I can only guess why it happens and it is a pretty good guess: in order to facilitate one's passing, the brain somewhat create these visions. Dont get me wrong though, it is most likely not the brain alone in action but many things, after all we are talking about death. The disconnections with one's body, the migration to another world, the changes in one's perception, the immediate environment of the dying, all of these affect and shape NDEs. It probably only happens with "slow death" or to people that have some chances of recovery. Those that die instantly dont get these visions as they are separated rather abruptly from their body. Might be there are exeptions because of time dilatation though..

In short, the NDEs are useless if you want to learn about the afterlife or anything at all on reality. But they still can be very life changing for those that live them.

I know it wont convince many. But be aware that although you "feel" like these NDEs are something special, they are not very different from the visions of some psychedel*cs...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It may not be possible for us to successfully communicate.

I'm merely asserting that some folks who die and are brought back to life . . .

are confronted with the fact that if they were allowed to die and go to their eternal destiny without meeting Christ, their destiny would have been hell.

And that, IF they are interviewed within minutes of their experience, they remember it.

That IF they are not interviewed right away, they tend to block such horrific memories out and only remember the Heavenly part of their spiritual dimension visits.

You may disagree. Help yourself.

I don't care to haggle about it. The information and evidence is available.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
WARNING GRAPHIC: While having a c-section with my 4th, his head was already stuck pretty far down in the birth canal, so in order for them to get him out through the cut, they basically had to pump my belly like an accordion. One person above my ribs, the other person below the cut, so as they are trying to pump him out, I was losing more & more blood. What should have taken 5 minutes, went on for half an hour. As I lost more & more blood, I started to not care about the rest of my kids, which is HIGHLY UNLIKE ME, but the sensation was total warmth, I begged to die, that's how wonderful the feeling was. It was like being wrapped in a warm cocoon. By the time all was said & done, I needed a blood transfusion cause my blood dropped to .5. But, I'm no longer afraid of death after that experience....

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: _damon

This thread.. lol. Let just say that these "experiments", although very "peaceful" and warm or whatever, are only an intermediate stage between dying and irremediable death. What is seen or perceived aint got any truth in it, it is absolutely subjective and totally related to the individual's experiences, memories, emotions, character, beliefs, expectations.

I can only guess why it happens and it is a pretty good guess: in order to facilitate one's passing, the brain somewhat create these visions. Dont get me wrong though, it is most likely not the brain alone in action but many things, after all we are talking about death. The disconnections with one's body, the migration to another world, the changes in one's perception, the immediate environment of the dying, all of these affect and shape NDEs. It probably only happens with "slow death" or to people that have some chances of recovery. Those that die instantly dont get these visions as they are separated rather abruptly from their body. Might be there are exeptions because of time dilatation though..

In short, the NDEs are useless if you want to learn about the afterlife or anything at all on reality. But they still can be very life changing for those that live them.

I know it wont convince many. But be aware that although you "feel" like these NDEs are something special, they are not very different from the visions of some psychedel*cs...

Ok I am throwing down the convoluted card.

I don't consider a heart attack and experiment.
So why haven't you told us about your ENDE? (Experimental Near Death Experience)
How long would I need to be clinically dead before you consider it death?
Having had the constant beep, and the running nurse with a crash cart to your bedside experience they assure me it was kaput.
If the only way to experience the afterlife in your opinion is death, I guess reporting back is out of the question.
I have never had psychedel*cs I wouldn't know.
I read the name badges of the nurses while they ran to my bedside, while kaput, and later asked about one that I couldn't have known was there. Freaked them out.
I hope I never have to experiment again.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Experience is the word i meant. Everything is an experience, doesnt mean it has to be joyful.

What you describe is out of body experience. You go out of your body and see your surroundings. How were your surroundings while in that state? Did you perceive everything as with your 5physical senses? Did you have any visions at all? Before going out of your body or when going back inside?

It can happen and it is obvious as to why oobe occurs: body weakened or dead, the brain is unable to "hold" the consciousness which is a part of the soul as is the unconscious, this and the several meds they give you to either ease your pain or calm you as well as weariness give the perfect state to go out of your body, it just needs a little "push". Your feelings can help too, like if you want the pain to go away so badly or just end it fast.

When you are out of your body, you are not in the afterlife. It is intermediate and temporary, eventually if the doctors did fail to bring you back, everything would have changed to the point of extreme confusion unless you were prepared for it.

I dont pretend to know more than the doctors who were present. But death usually is when the soul leaves the body and with no hope of recovery or no available possibility. In your case you had experts trying their best. If they could bring you back, that meant you werent dead. Only your body was at the limit of permanent death but defibrillator and such made recovery possible. As long as the brain is not too damaged that is.

Death is not the only way to go beyond. But ndes are too skewed and too impractical to be of use for exploring the other world. It is just not good for that, being an intermediate state of death. But afterlife is a reality. It is just totally different than what people believe. If you want to go "there" so badly try astral travel (aka oobe). It is your best bet but requires tremendous efforts as well as a strong mental, most cant go just because of their false beliefs and preconceptions, so you have to erase them all before having a chance. After all, out there transcend anything any humans think they know. Reality is stranger than fiction, it aint a lullaby.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

The spirit molecule is basically the silver cord is what I'm saying, and OBE and NDE are a result of the '___'. There haven't been very many studies on that subject and we know very little about it. I believe our soul resides in the pineal gland and also has something to do with the spirit molecule which is produced in the pineal gland. The silver cord is what attaches you to you while you are astral traveling. What happens to the spirit molecule after someone dies, is that the only way to detach the silver cord from a body allowing the soul to continue to the afterlife?

As far as my own personal NDE, I recall absolutely nothing but the feeling of overwhelming peace. Every ones NDE's are different and don't have to mesh but have key points of the Greyson Scale:

a reply to: _damon

NDE are not useless, they are what convinced me there is an afterlife, it was special and utterly peaceful.

As far as the psychedelics I wouldn't agree, with my experiences anyway. There's only one that would be comparable, the spirit molecule.
edit on 29-6-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: _damon

I think I disagree.

There have been cases where the person was revived many hours after evidence of death--brain death; heart death.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I guess those are foreign . . . issues, factors, objects to my construction on reality.

I don't know that we know much about 'where' the soul resides within us--if there is such a phrase that's accurate.

Some assert that the soul has to do with the mind, will and emotions.

Certainly there's an eternal spirit essence of each individual that lives on.

. . . in one place, or the other.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

originally posted by: esteay812
a reply to: [post=18085212]
I've experienced Sleep Paralysis since I was a kid and it increased into my teens and remains a part of my life as an adult. Through SP I have experienced involuntary OBE's frequently enough that I've figured out a way to induce them on my own - without drugs …

You can travel in this environment in many ways. You can walk, float or fly. You can walk through walls, travel around your city or even fly into space and it's all an exact recreation from your own mind.

I think you are describing “lucid dreaming” ... en.wikipedia.org... where people can control their dream, (like a film director).

originally posted by: esteay812
a reply to: [post=18085212]
Refuting what you've never experienced, because you've read a few papers, is ignorant. I'm not suggesting you should have an NDE, but until you have, telling others they are not what they think they are is irresponsible, naïve, and ignorant as well.

You seem to understand the word “refute” , (offering evidence to contradict, which I did via the null result of the AWARE experiment), but you seem to be ignorant about the meaning of the word ignorant.

The subjective experience of one individual does not outrank empirical evidence :
the AWARE study shows people who are close to death do not leave their body.
The OOBE must be a convincing hallucination , but evidently it’s not real.

Conduct your own experiment : in your lucid-dream OOBE try to view places you've never seen, ( remote-viewing-style ), but which you can visit later to check if your vision was accurate.
Then you will find you are not actually leaving your body : you're dreaming.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sorry for adding to the thread late but it is only a couple days old I believe.

Anyways, I just wanted to add my two cents. It's been nearly 7 years since my NDE. I do not wish to go into the details of my almost death here but I will tell about the basics of the NDE itself. I would say I had a very typical NDE. It was extremely peaceful, utter bliss - I can still remember the feeling to this day.

In my NDE I basically floated up above my body for a while and then observed the scenery as my body was taken away in an ambulance. After my body was away, my consciousness was still above where my body was at where the incident happened, and I was able to hear my ex girlfriend crying out into the night. She was still where the accident occurred and was very far from my body by that point and she obviously wasnt allowed in the ambulance. I consider that proof of my NDE and she later confirmed to me the words I heard cried out.

After that I kind of just snapped back into my body but my consciousness physically flew towards the moving ambulance before I came back in my body. It was so surreal - yet it is without a doubt one of the clearest memories I have. I remember every single detail and feeling. Ever since then I know without a doubt our souls continue on somehow somewhere after death and knowing this has been very beneficial to my outlook on life and my research regarding the metaphysical.
edit on 29-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

To understand consciousness you first need to accept that everything is Energy .

Consciousness is Energy and is the prime motivating force in all things .

People keep beating the .. " its an aberration of brain function ".. BS

Your brain is matter and like all matter it is made up entirely by Energy .

Just as your "consciousness " is .

It is part of the field we refer to as The Universe .. Creation .. All that is .

Its Basic Physics Doc

here is my NDE report...

My NDE

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Two had negative experiences?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
Hi Jennyfrenzy...thanks for sharing. I, too, had an awesome NDE. I made a thread on it here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The feeling of peace that there is, I have found, is beyond words. Truthfully, no one can understand that has never had one. We can share our experiences with others, but only those who have experienced an NDE like this will be able to share in the joy of it.

Thanks again for sharing.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What about people who attempt suicide and have an NDE? I have attempted before but didn't have an NDE. I used to be agnostic but now I'm Christian so I believe its wrong to commit suicide. Before when I was agnostic I thought maybe we sleep forever when we die. Now I think there is an afterlife. Just my opinions but do people who attempt suicide usually have peaceful ones too?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: shamaniski

NO. As a group, they do NOT--verified by interviews immediately after resuscitation.

If they are not interviewed right away, they may have blocked out their confrontation with hell.

HOWEVER, THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS.

And God alone seems to know what those criteria are.

I suspect it's an attitude of the heart.

AS well as a degree of being mentally ill.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

You seem to have a pretty strong opinion about the topic.

I have to ask what have your experiences have been? I mean the ones that have you posting this and that trying to debunk the topic.

I haven't had an NDE. I have, however, cared for many patients who have passed away, right in front of me.

There is definitely an energy in the air, so to speak. You can feel it. Something changes.

I totally believe these people and their accounts regarding their NDE's. I also believe in an afterlife. It's a fascinating subject and the fact that we only get little glimpses here and there, makes it even more intriguing.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I think it depends on how far it goes. Attempting suicide and actually having a cardiac arrest because of it are two different things.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shamaniski
What about people who attempt suicide and have an NDE?

I too was tempted to commit suicide years ago.

I believe that the reason so many are tempted by it is because of the deception and lies surrounding death.

Same goes for all of the mass murders.

They have been deceived into believing that death brings peace to everyone.

Too many of the suicide NDE's say otherwise:

"As a young woman, Tamara Laroux was in an immense amount of emotional pain. One day she decided to finally end it once and for all and she took a .38 and shot herself in the chest. What happened next was a complete and total shock to her...." Tamara Laroux

"Then I heard a voice of awesome power, not loud but crashing over me like a booming wave of sound; a voice that encompassed such ferocious anger that with one word it could destroy the universe, and that also encompassed such potent and unwavering love that, like the sun, it could coax life from the earth. I cowered at its force and at its excruciating words:

"Is this what you really want? Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"

I could feel his anger and frustration, both because I'd thrown in the towel and because I had cut myself off from him and from his guidance.

So I answered: "But my life is so hard."

"You think that was hard? It is nothing compared to what awaits you if you take your life."

When the Father spoke, each of his words exploded into a complex of meanings, like fireworks, tiny balls of light that erupted into a billion bits of information, filling me with streams of vivid truth and pure understanding." Angie Fenimores NDE & Suicide

"Angie Fenimore, a wife and mother haunted by abuse in childhood and overwhelmed by despair, was in a desperate state of mind. On January 8, 1991, she committed suicide, hoping to escape her sense of emptiness and suffering. But clinical death didn't draw her to the light seen in so many near-death experiences."

“Tell her that if she decides to go through with the taking of her life, there are eternal consequences that she will have to deal with for the rest of her eternal life. The PAIN that she will cause her daughter and immediate family members will be severe and permanent!

Angie Fenimore - NDE

edit on 30-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear you did too Murgatroid, I still suffer from depression and anxiety but I'm not going to attempt again. So good news there I guess.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Please let me elaborate a bit . . .

1. God seems to be wholesale against suicide. It is evidently the case that OUR LIVES ARE HIS TURF in terms of beginning and ending. And He gets more than annoyed if and when we take our ending into our own hands.

2. There do appear to be very rare cases where God intercepts a person who's committed suicide and shows them Jesus and then sends them back to get their life together.

3. It is very hard to discern what the difference is between the vast majority of suicide cases that appear to go to hell vs the few that do not.

3.1 It MAY be the case that WHEN a very depressed, mentally ill person tries to kill themselves AND YET THEY HAVE SERIOUSLY IN THEIR HEARTS WANTED TO MEET GOD AND TRIED TO SEEK HIM IN THEIR FLAWED WAY . . . that God will make an exception. But it's certainly NOT something to count on. Murdering yourself and then not have a chance to repent for murdering yourself, could be eternally deadly.

3.2 People who commit suicide and are intercepted on their way to hell . . . some without meeting Jesus . . . but are resuscitated . . . IF they are interviewed within a few minutes of their coming back to this life, they will remember the horrors of hell. Otherwise, they are likely not to--seemingly repressing such terrible images etc. out of their conscious minds.

4. I don't know what criteria God uses to make an exception for a particular suicide case. It might have to do with the person's sincere heart desire to meet and know God. It might have to do with the person's degree of being psychotic, mentally ill etc. I don't know.

5. Yong Yi Cho--Pastor of the biggest church in the world in Korea . . . was quite discouraged at one point in his ministry and contemplated suicide. God told him in no uncertain terms that if he did, he'd go to hell. Yong Yi changed his mind right quick.

Anyway--that's about all the conjecture etc. that I can offer.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join