It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THOUSANDS of MILES on just ONE TANK of GAS...WELL ATS...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What do we have here? I got a video from my 600+ pound cousin. And no he is not lazy. Gets around more than I do. Fishes deep in the woods hard to get to places always fills his deer tags every year. Love the little redneck dearly. Anyways... The video depicts someone running his truck, (other youtube videos will depict driving), by inducing gasoline vapor with an apparent investment of $15-20. The basic idea is to agitate the gas by sticking a hose all the way at the bottom, and another one just barely in the gas tank in the front he has two intakes and three outport that leads into the air intake and feeds into the engine starting running and driving off of the fumes alone. I will post about 3 or four other select videos alone but first the one that I saw first.

The folling video depicts a lawn mower running on it

This one is for all the technical geeks out there that has to get everything right the first time.

I am going to ge do it on my lawn mower then maybe my own jeep of the same year...

edit on 25-6-2014 by eso322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Very interesting concept. The 70s were full of ideas about saving gas and one in particular used two different mesh wire screens that vaporized gas at the carburetor.. Let us know how it works for you..

The first thing I thought of after "how neat if it works" was the feds are already wanting to raise taxes on a gallon of gas.www.abovetopsecret.com... I can't imagine what they would want to do if this system increase gas millage by a 1000%.. They will get their blood money one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eso322

It's an interesting concept...for an upgrade to older vehicles and lawn engines.

Modern fuel injection does this very nicely...even old fuel rail style systems.

If you want an economical fuel burn go with a propane fuel system or vehicle.

This is why most hobby car restorers move to modern injection vs carb.

Cheers!

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So...we have a vehicle that has a gas pump, that then pumps the gas to fuel injectors that atomize the gas into a mist....and if your injectors aren't doing that correctly the engine either will run poorly, or will not run at all.

And running bubbles through the gas before the injectors is going to produce a much more efficient delivery of power?

ummm..*cough, cough* BS.

P.T. Barnum had it right....

edit on 25-6-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I have done this on my 1999 ford ranger , I had a diffuser on the incoming air tube that was submerged in the gas, I drove it but it would evaporate the gas quickly.If one could get the air fuel ratio right for idle and full throttle i think you could get 200% mileage increase or more because the gas particles are much smaller than injectors can generate.I took my fuel pump fuse out so i know it was the only thing running the engine .
edit on 25-6-2014 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think this explains a lot:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

LOL sorry... I am 60 years old have have heard this bunk for over 40 years. I have yet to actually see any real evidence of these 1000 mpg processes. In fact, what I have seen, since the internet has flourished, is a number of failed hoaxes that took into people money as investments followed by the company filing for bankruptcy and then being investigated for fraud.

Find something that people want to believe in, and you will find someone playing to that to their own personal enrichment, regardless of truth.

If something seems to good to be true, it normally is. Ask a real, experienced engineer if 1000 mpg is possible or a myth. Given that you would have to virtually eliminate friction to believe that a 1947 studebaker managed 1k mpg is just gullibility.

Usually all you have to do is examine the claims, read the 2nd law of thermodynamics to realize how ridiculous claims such as were made in the above video really are.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: alomaha

LOL sorry... I am 60 years old and I have have heard this bunk for over 40 years. I have yet to actually see any real evidence of these 1000 mpg processes. In fact, what I have seen, since the internet has flourished, is a number of failed hoaxes that took people's money as investments followed by the company filing for bankruptcy and then being investigated for fraud.

Find something that people want to believe in, and you will find someone playing to that to their own personal enrichment, regardless of truth.

If something seems too good to be true, it normally is. Ask a real, experienced engineer if 1000 mpg is possible or a myth. Given that you would have to virtually eliminate friction to believe that a 1947 studebaker managed 1k mpg is just gullibility.

Usually all you have to do is examine the claims, read the 2nd law of thermodynamics to realize how ridiculous claims such as were made in the above video really are.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
one thing you cannot do is fake physics, for an internal combustion engine to produce power at the levels it is designed for, you must run approx 14:1 air fuel ratio, there is no faking this with this design, and if progress is made to the level of 100+ MPG on gasoline alone, design changes must be made to the engine itself, or a level of combustability, equal to this 14:1 ratio.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
the evidence is who is making these videos, but I am becoming attuned to them. I think 200 mpg is possible in the near future, but with technology not fumes.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

exactly, I can video a 426 Hemi running on dog piss, but somewhere there is a fuel line, feeding the carb jets, making the engine run, the piss is just a distraction...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
the evidence is who is making these videos, but I am becoming attuned to them. I think 200 mpg is possible in the near future, but with technology not fumes.

You are a little behind the times there, but that is because there are those out there that do not want you to know.

VW is already selling a car that gets 200-300mpg, but is banned in the good ole USA. They will not even let them bring one over to show off.

200 to 300 Miles Per Gallon for a car is to good to import to America ?

Murica!!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Someone needs to try this..

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Let me know when you find something that works on real cars, ala fuel injection. These old cars are actually harder to find than you think. Mostly because of emotions laws.

The Bot

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This causes me to wonder why the government was after all the older cars with their "cash for clunkers" program years ago. If they could convince the people to hand over their junk cars, that could hypothetically be converted to run on fumes, then Big oil would be happy and the petrodollar would survive. If there are no more carbureted vehicles on the road....then the secret would be safe.

Makes a little too much sense...ya know?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: nrd101

You are a little behind the times there, but that is because there are those out there that do not want you to know.
VW is already selling a car that gets 200-300mpg, but is banned in the good ole USA. They will not even let them bring one over to show off.
200 to 300 Miles Per Gallon for a car is to good to import to America ?

Murica!!

You are misinformed, its not banned.

www.snopes.com...

Its a $150,000 2 seater that no one wants.
edit on 26-6-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

LOL this is disinformation to the maximum.

Exactly how many of these vehicles did VW make? I believe the number was 200, but I could be overstating it.

So, how many of these should they have imported to the US? 50? Wow...that would make a huge difference.

Exactly how was it that the US "prevented" these vehicles from entering the US?

These kind of lies make me sick.... ATS is supposed to banish ignorance, and yet we have people here who cannot research and post CRAP because it suits what they wish to believe. It suits their agenda.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Oops...I should have read further down before posting. I see you got it covered.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

lol

Sorry, but first prove how those old cars could get 1k miles to a gallon. You do realize that friction would have to approach zero in order to get 1k miles to a gallon, right? Just how the eff would you accomplish that with those old clunkers.

1k miles to a gallon is a lie that people will lap up ignoring common sense, ignoring science and is propagated by fools laughing their ass off for spoofing a bunch of other fools who are just gullible enough to swallow that crap hook line and sinker.

Use your fracking head and think, for just one moment.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Thanks for the info. Says It couldn't meet U.S. safety rules which is why it wasn't imported.

The point is they can make a car that gets over 200 MPG and have done so already. Why the technology isn't being implemented in other cars across the board is the big question.

We can undoubtedly design vehicles that get better gas milage like Tesla has drawing from innovators who have achieved MPG in the thousands on test vehicles. Now I am certainly not trying to say that because they can get 2700 to 3500 MPG that we should be getting that, but I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the most efficient production vehicles in the US are still only getting double-digit MPG. Car manufacturers certainly have the facilities and manpower where that boundary should have been crossed long ago.

on.aol.com...

The Wikispeed SGT01 goes 0-60 in 5 seconds and has a top speed of 149 MPH gets a combined 109MPG with a 4 gallon tank and 400 mile range has a MSRP is 25K and they are designing a next gen car that should retail for under 17K.en.wikipedia.org...

You have to ask why is it that established manufacturers with huge resources are not doing this. Are they just not capable of accomplishing what groups with limited funds are capable of or is it something else?
edit on 26-6-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join