It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Taliban Offensive in Helmand : 100 Taliban militants killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

www.thehimalayantimes.com...

More than 800 Taliban insurgents have launched a major offensive in southern Afghanistan to try to gain territory recently vacated by US troops, officials said Wednesday, with 40 civilians killed in five days of fighting. About 100 Taliban have been killed.

"There was a major attack by the Taliban and their supporters. "We are reinforcing Afghan national security forces and have suffered no major loss of territory. About 100 Taliban have been killed so far." -

Looks like they tried something similar to what ISIS did and it failed miserably , Great work by Afghan National Army

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I wonder if the US military had successes like this. If they had, why weren't they reported? (I can come up with some reasons, none flattering to mainstream media or the White House.)

If our military didn't have successes like this was it because the Taliban was afraid to attack in any manner besides suicides and ambush? Or was it because of very restrictive Rules of Engagement which made winning difficult? Or was there some other reason?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Canadian and U.S. soldiers mark Canada's handover of a base to U.S. forces in Kandahar, Afghanistan last summer.

Well done Gentlemen,,
three cheers,,

uuuurawwwww.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ISIS troops got more done in Iraq in 1 month than america were able to acomplish in 10 years. Maybe just maybe as bad as the following statement i am gona make will sound. It might be the best thing to do. Can the world please stay out of Iraq and the middle east. Let ISIS do what it must to establish a dictatorship or whatever they plan. A lot less people will die when they rule a huge part of the middle east that intervene. As with Khadaffi ans saddam showed. They were ruthless but there was order. And not nearly as much deaths as reported. I bet my left nut more people have died in america by the hands of the police than under those 2 rules in the same time.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

I sense ANTI-American feelings here

Ever hear of "RULES of Engagement"

We Americans follow rules they do not

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Exactly. And under ISIS, people without heads cannot complain about the conditions in which they are held prisoner. So a lot less people to complain about being mistreated.

I sense great logic in you.

:/

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You can hear what you like. Fact is if usa stayed out there in the 1 st place this mess would not have been there and millions of Iraqis would still have a good place to live. a reply to: tow69

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Pay up! You owe me your left nut.

I don't know what I'm going to do with your left nut, but I'll think of something. (And don't send me your right one.)

You may send shipping information via U2U or some alternative means.

I bet my left nut more people have died in america by the hands of the police than under those 2 rules in the same time.

Just looking at Gaddafi for only one year, 2011 we have:

Based on the numbers, between 5,887 and 6,609 opposition members/fighters (including some civilian supporters) and between 3,309 and 4,227 Gaddafi loyalists had been killed by October 23, 2011.

In addition, another 1,350 opposition fighters and activists have been confirmed as missing in the fighting in the east, 781–900 were reported to be missing in the Battle of Misrata, of which 163 were later confirmed dead when found in two mass graves, 136 went missing during the Nafusa Mountains Campaign, 74 were missing following the Battle of Brega–Ajdabiya road and up to 700 rebels were missing following the Battle of Bin Jawad, of which 170 were later found in a mass grave, for a total of 2,708–2,827 rebels reported missing.

In January 2013, the new Libyan government stated, based on unfinished research, that 4,700 rebel fighters and a similar number of loyalist soldiers were killed during the conflict. An estimated 2,100 rebels and loyalists were missing. No count was given on the number of killed and missing civilians.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ignoring Saddam, and ignoring every other year beside 2011 we have maybe 10,000 deaths. Now what about Americans and the Police. Over a twelve year period, we have this:

Since 9/11, and the subsequent militarization of the police by the Department of Homeland Security, about 5,000 Americans have been killed by US police officers.
(Nov 17, 2013)

www.activistpost.com...

Now you know why I never bet more than 25 cents.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
So how many innocent woman, children old people non combatants did america butchered in Iraq during the last 10 years. That is now the once you agree on because videos surfaced and the once killed in covert ops that your government seems to have an attitude if there is no evidence we did not do it, if we pay someone else to do it it is not us. If your country was raped, pillage, desecrated and your people murdered by apparently a Christian country usa. Would you not too be a bit pissed off. They killing those who helped america and the american government that america put in place . So they killing americans not by birth or passport by by association. so stop looking at others and see who created this. Again it is easy to make excuses god your country do it for so long they will not even be able to accept the truth or speak it as the bulls hit your people spew they actually believe as the truth. The rest is just to stupid to know truth from bull. from a reply to: sn0rch

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Before the illegal invasions. reply to: charles1952

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Dear neversaynever,

OK, fine. Now you owe me your left nut.

From The New York Times of January 2003.

In the end, if an American-led invasion ousts Mr. Hussein, and especially if an attack is launched without convincing proof that Iraq is still harboring forbidden arms, history may judge that the stronger case was the one that needed no inspectors to confirm: that Saddam Hussein, in his 23 years in power, plunged this country into a bloodbath of medieval proportions, and exported some of that terror to his neighbors.

Reporters who were swept along with tens of thousands of near-hysterical Iraqis through Abu Ghraib's high steel gates were there because Mr. Hussein, stung by Mr. Bush's condemnation, had declared an amnesty for tens of thousands of prisoners, including many who had served long sentences for political crimes. Afterward, it emerged that little of long-term significance had changed that day. Within a month, Iraqis began to speak of wide-scale re-arrests, and officials were whispering that Abu Ghraib, which had held at least 20,000 prisoners, was filling up again.

Like other dictators who wrote bloody chapters in 20th-century history, Mr. Hussein was primed for violence by early childhood. Born into the murderous clan culture of a village that lived off piracy on the Tigris River, he was harshly beaten by a brutal stepfather. In 1959, at age 22, he made his start in politics as one of the gunmen who botched an attempt to assassinate Iraq's first military ruler, Abdel Karim Kassem.

Since then, Mr. Hussein's has been a tale of terror that scholars have compared to that of Stalin, whom the Iraqi leader is said to revere, even if his own brutalities have played out on a small scale. Stalin killed 20 million of his own people, historians have concluded. Even on a proportional basis, his crimes far surpass Mr. Hussein's, but figures of a million dead Iraqis, in war and through terror, may not be far from the mark, in a country of 22 million people.(Emphasis added.)

www.nytimes.com...

This article was two months before the start of the Iraq invasion. It also doesn't count anything that Gaddafi did. (About 900 deaths in 2011 before NATO started taking military action.)

So, how do you prefer to ship your nut?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Ohhh trust me as a Combat Vet and spending quite a bit of time in the sandbox I agree

No one in any branch of U.S. service believes we should be the worlds police

All I can say is with great strength comes great responsibility, and our Government (NOT) the people have done things that none of us (American Citizens) are proud

One last thing none of us have ill will towards the citizens of any nation on our world.

It is our F'ed up Government not the people of the US.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever
ISIS troops got more done in Iraq in 1 month than america were able to acomplish in 10 years. Maybe just maybe as bad as the following statement i am gona make will sound. It might be the best thing to do. Can the world please stay out of Iraq and the middle east. Let ISIS do what it must to establish a dictatorship or whatever they plan. A lot less people will die when they rule a huge part of the middle east that intervene. As with Khadaffi ans saddam showed. They were ruthless but there was order. And not nearly as much deaths as reported. I bet my left nut more people have died in america by the hands of the police than under those 2 rules in the same time.

Dude your pathetic. We took Iraq in less than two weeks you moron. If the army would have stood up they would have been stopped in their tracks. Pathetic... Go back to your goal herd man lol...

We should have just nuked em a long time ago, getting tired of hearing all this bull chit. Seriously...

Bunch of terrorist in pickup trucks. Any real army would have laid waste to them a long time ago. Just a bunch of thugs and bank robbers lol....

The Bot

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tow69

Well said. Spend enough time over there and you start to ask some questions. The answers arent pretty lol

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dlbott

And so you should take Iraq quickly.. I mean, prior to the US led invasion Iraq endured 11 years worth of brutal sanctions which left their economy is ruins. The sad thing is that with those sanctions, Iraqi children were dying by the thousands in each of those 11 years.

Lies about WMD's, I bet that most of the murders Saddam was accused of was actually from the sanctions.. You know what, I bet some Iraqi's were hoping a nuke would fall on their heads because too be honest with you, I think they would rather have nukes dropped on their heads than comply with child killing maggots from another country.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Which children are killing maggots in a mother country?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever
You can hear what you like. Fact is if usa stayed out there in the 1 st place this mess would not have been there and millions of Iraqis would still have a good place to live. a reply to: tow69

dude, that was like 13 yrs ago.

this is the here and now.

obama has to deal with it. which he should have been doing for the last 6 yrs.

oh, forgot the congrats to the afghan for a good job!
edit on 3029286130am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join