It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS - Your 'local' Fitness Professional here!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hi there!

Firstly I'll start by saying I've literally been an 'observer' now for a good 5+ years.

I have a interest in all things of a progressive nature, my upbringing always left me in the 'awareness' that we should always be moving forward as a species and civilisation... With each generation using the knowledge of the previous and adding too it, becoming smarter, more self reliant and ultimately achieving a better state of collective harmony.

( I learnt very quickly through my teens into early adult life that this is a fantastic idea but damn are we on the wrong road because that is far from our current projection. )

So a little bit about myself:
I'm a qualified Personal Trainer & Nutritionist, I work for a leading health club that most, if not all of you will be familiar with.
I genuinely practice what I preach, and I take pride in my work with a huge amount of passion and love. ( he writes as he currently sits here eating his chicken and rice hahaha... this might be a stereotype for a fitness professional/athlete but I assure you I'm not from the usual mould )

I'm hoping through ATS I may be able to help others as well as be helped myself, whether this be through resource sharing or even just hearing a good joke and that adding to my day.

Looking forward to getting stuck into discussions, hopefully adding a lot to the community myself and clearing up any preconceived misconceptions out there regarding the world of fitness.

To all of you, I look forward to engaging with you and I hope you find all in life you seek.

Namaste

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Welcome, good to have someone with some fitness background.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thank you! Any questions anytime just ask
a reply to: luciddream

link   
a reply to: fitnessguru

Welcome to ATS do you mind if we ask you questions about fitness...

purp..

link   

originally posted by: fitnessguru
Thank you! Any questions anytime just ask

How to prevent muscle loss while dieting to lose fat?

!
edit on 6/23/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family...enjoy the ride...

I look forward to meeting you in the forums.

Des

edit on 23-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not at all
ask me whatever you like, if I don't know the answer then I will be straight and find what I can to the best of my ability.

Also can I ask something?
Whats the regs on me sharing my website and newsletter via ATS ??? a reply to: purplemer

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok so you will need to workout your protein requirements and potentially look at whether you're getting a full spectrum of amino acids.

If you don't mind answering these I could really be specific for you

How much do you weigh currently?
Whats your current diet consisting of?
Are you exercising?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thank you Destiny! Can't wait
a reply to: Destinyone

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Hey fitnessguru,
Just wanted to 'officially' welcome you to the family, lol.

If you've been lurking that long, then you know the drill. Just jump right in wherever you want to.
Amazing people here...I even call some of them my 'family' now.

My daughter, the personal trainer, is full of great advice. Apparently she CAN teach an old dog new tricks, lol.

I'll be looking for your threads.
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Self promotion via posting newsletters and personal business websites is not allowed in the ATS T&C's (terms and conditions).

Hope that answers your questions. If you'd like, you can contact a MOD for the exact reasons.

Des

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Welcome the asylum Namaste

I'm afraid there isn't a great deal you can teach me about fitness I'm already there

This is the emergency exit should you need it

And we do a free avatar service if you would like a custom made one. Just click on my sig strip where it says avatar creations at the bottom of this post and ask the team to help you out.

Have fun and I'll see you around the boards

Cody

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: fitnessguru
Ok so you will need to workout your protein requirements and potentially look at whether you're getting a full spectrum of amino acids.

If you don't mind answering these I could really be specific for you

How much do you weigh currently?

Whats your current diet consisting of?

Are you exercising?

190lbs, 6'1

My diet is bad i guess...

Morning: a pair of toast with peanut butter

Lunch: Meat(medium portion), some starch product(bread, rice) and little veggie.

Dinner: Meat(medium), Some startch.

Of course i drink more than enough weter.

I go to gym 3 days a week, 1.5 hrs a session.

It includes, 30 mins on weight and 45 mins on cardio.

I do HIIT on treadmill during the cardio part.

I like my muscles, but i do have belly fat and some.. umm signs of man boobs.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Welcome.

So when I wake up and drink a beer and eat a donut while I watch the morning news is that bad?

Sometimes I skip the donut.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hi and welcome to ATS
. If you have time please start a thread about fitness.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ok so...

Breakfast - if that's not wholegrain switch it straight away. If you can, remove bread all together. Opt for a rice cake with peanut butter, or porridge with some dark skinned berries and 'raw' nuts of some sort.

Lunch - reduce the carbs, opt for only rice and increase veg, especially greens.

Dinner - greens, and vegetables again. get as many down you as you can, carbs should come from wholegrain sources. So wholegrain pasta, quinoa, etc

Straight away I can tell you if you literally just switched your macro ratios up a bit you'd find better results.

Use your hands for portion control
Each meal must consist of;

Protein - 2 palms = 1 portion
Fat - 2 - 3 thumbs = 1 portion
Carbs - 1 - 2 cupped handfuls (single hand) = 1 portion
Vegetables - 2 fists = 1 portion

Reduce overall carbohydrates, (don't forget this includes all fizzy drinks, beer, alcohol as a whole, etc.)

Eat 4 times a day at minimum, if you can 5 - 6. You're body will make better use of the nutrients it is given and this will also allow for a more stable blood sugar level.

Oh and I cannot stress this one enough, a high quality Omega 3 supplement!
Forget omega 6 and 9, you need to supplement 3, this will within 2 weeks start to change your composition and ultimately help rid you off the 'moobs'

Training wise, drop down to 4x 60minute sessions a week for a better response from your endocrine (hormone) system.
This will help achieve higher levels of HGH, and Testosterone whilst reducing Cortisol. ( cortisol in basis fight for the same spots as testosterone only cortisol encourages fat storage and muscle breakdown whilst testosterone is the other way around )

Base your training around compound moves, so pulls, presses and lifts.
Squats, pull ups, rows, chest press, dips, shoulder press, etc

45m weight training follow by 15m cardio. Make the cardio HIIT, with 1 out of the 4 sessions being active recovery ( slow steady state cardio )

Finally.
Good old sleep, if you're not getting 8 hours a day you're already at a handicap

Get the fundamentals down and then is just consistency

edit on 23-6-2014 by fitnessguru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
That's how you get shredded for summer
a reply to: minusinfinity

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Welcome aboard!

I did some competitive bodybuilding in my day. Glad to see someone fitness-minded sign up!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That's awesome, bodybuilding at a competitive level is no easy task. Hat off to you Mystik!!

a reply to: MystikMushroom

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
P.S

General guideline for Macros for yourself would be:

Protein: 200 - 250g of protein
Fat: 70 - 100g
Carbs: 50 - 150g

Low carb days should be complimented with higher fat levels and vice verse.
High carb, low fat.

Aim to have high carb days on the days you train, and low carb on rest days for a better result all round

Myfitnesspal is a brilliant app which you can use that shows macro breakdowns. People who track like this always end up with a better result

edit on 23-6-2014 by fitnessguru because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join