It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation and karma? Is it a path to freedom? Nope.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
For those struggling to understand the author's opening post, perhaps I can relay what I grasped from it (although I will admit I might be wrong with my interpretations):

* Important life lessons such as having a good heart are forgotten upon reincarnation, thus making the reincarnation without purpose
* The concept of Karma is flawed because it encourages us to continue to make the same mistakes over and over again since our minds were wiped clean upon reincarnation
* The energy we bring with us in each new carnation is transformed into negative emotional energy and is consumed by others, trapping them in the same cycle as well
* "Waking up" refers to realising that Karma and Reincarnation are false paths

Its for these points I cant rule out the possibility of the Soul Recycling Theory.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
But what if the trap is for everybody. What if the trap is designed to keep even the wisest of us trapped.
The fact that I lost my understanding of what is worth more than physical beauty makes me suspicious of karma. I earned that knowledge, and then it was gone. Wiped clean, in my opinion,

Your physical beauty was used to look down upon those who in your eyes were not beautiful. Your riches were used to make you feel superior to those without. Maybe you were wiped (your words) and live with what you think is a good heart but the beautiful people and those with more wealth than your current status treat you like you did those before.. or just maybe it is all wishful thinking.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Is there a possibility that we DO remember past lives, but repress those memories because our parents tell us to?

"It's not real, honey. Now go outside and find some real friends to play with. I don't want to hear about your world war dreams anymore."

This is supported by the numerous accounts we've all read about children recalling past lives which were then corroborated by a fair amount of investigation.
edit on 23-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

i like this post of yours, labtech!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reincarnation and karma reminds me of the matrix -- a harmony of mathematical precision trying to comprehend the systemic anomalie. if it's a mechanical intelligence, it's not going to comprehend the need for the anomalie, as it only cares about its harmony of mathematical perfection. but without the anomalie, the human batteries would be forced into continual recycling.

i had this thought that neo as the systemic anomalie was like jesus. and that in the matrix, he represented a kind of hack code that just bypassed the security measures put up by the matrix's guardian program - represented in the matrix, as the architect. the guardian program had started malfunctioning long ago, forcing the humans into a recycling loop and did this by putting up a security wall between humans and the source, who we think of as god.

originally the guardian program had been installed to protect the source, but it started to malfunction. so the source, designed the systemic anomalie to punch a hole in the security perimeter. the code word to bypass it being, jesus.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Karma is real and "bad karma" will com back to bite you in the @$$.
You should always strive to do good and send out only good karma.
A person should not do good because of expecting something good in return.
They should do good because it makes them feel good.
Not about themselves but about the world.
If everyone tryed to do one good deed each day, the world would be a much better place.
It might even get to become such a habit many people would forget about doing any bad deeds.

Yea... Yea.... I know, stupid utopian attitude.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

a reply to: XxRagingxPandaxX

OK. No problem. We live in different worlds. Please return to yours.

This is kind of an insulting post. You've already decided that the person cannot understand what you mean. However, Dark Ghost did a good job illuminating your cryptic words on this post right here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You could have done the same.

Also, I'd like to know, if reincarnation and karma aren't the path to freedom, how do you diverge from the path? It reasons that reincarnation happens postmortem, so how do you avoid reincarnation at that point? Also karma is supposed to be a defining rule of the universe, how do you avoid karma?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I believe reincarnation is probably the system that we humans exist within.
I have some doubt that it is a benevolent system designed to move us towards a level that earns us the right to no longer have to go through the birth, decline and death sequence. Forgetting your past incarnation is one thing. Forgetting basic moral lessons in this world of sex and power is another thing.

I'm suspicious that nonphysical entities are in control of the overall system. The so-called astral plane existing around the Earth increases my suspicion.
edit on 24-6-2014 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Said the Joker to the Thief?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

a reply to: XxRagingxPandaxX

OK. No problem. We live in different worlds. Please return to yours.

Insulting someone asking for instruction is a crappy-human-being thing to do. I do not think that you are as enlightened as you think.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: luciddream
The key thing in order to avoid the trap is to not expect a reward when doing something good.

Otherwise, that's not kindness, that's business.

Exactly. Remember "Greed has no boundaries".
From "Consuming all the food" to "Money Making" to "Collecting all objects that may seem valuable to you."

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If you can successfully navigate the "bardos" and keep a focused calm, you should be able to reincarnate with *some* of your past life memories.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

??????

I saw nothing wrong with what Raging Panda asked of you...yet you tell that poster to..return to their world? After you so kindly declined any explanation and told the poster to read the OP again?

I'm very interested in the concept of reincarnation, but I won't be discussing it with SUCH an awakened individual such as yourself...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Karma is very real, you are here because of Karma right now. Karma is debt we create by the actions that stem from the belief that this physical reality is anything but emptiness. Without mind nothing would be conceivable therefore all perceptions are faculties of mind. If the mind is not tamed then karma is built upon the incorrect presumptions that are formed from such. If you believe there is no karma then you believe that your actions have no definitive outcome, yet if you were to walk outside and kill someone you undoubtedly will face an outcome due to such an action.

Karma is overcome when the ignorant mind is, for they are one in the same.

Karma can be better understood as Cause and Effect. If one clings to this reality (cause), they will inevitably reincarnate (effect). It is really such a simple understanding, there is no need to complicate it further.

edit on 25-6-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I'm finished with this place, and not coming back. I'm tired of playing games.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I understand what you were saying, I've been thinking the same thing for quite some time. Basically, the game is rigged. By whom I don't know... Why? Because it's impossible to stay clean in this world and to advance to next level. You cannot live in this world and have clean karma, simple as that. Every step you make you are killing some living beings. Every time you eat you are destroying some life. Yes, we can argue if some life form is more important than other (higher level of consciousness) but never the less, who are we to decide? We are filling that piggy bank much faster than we are emptying it. So this is some kind of prison, prison designed to keep you forever. More time you're in, more time you have to serve...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join