It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation and karma? Is it a path to freedom? Nope.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I forgot everything. I forgot who I was. And I forgot that a good heart is much better than a sexy body.

Maybe I am rating myself higher than I should, but I should have known this basic idea, but I suspect my knowledge was wiped clean. And so I flailed away for several decades, and then I woke up.

I use to believe in karma, but now I see it as a trap. We are trapped to keep messing up, and in so doing create negative emotional energy that others consume.

If you don`t think I`m wrong, when did you wake up. Me, I was early forties,

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56
I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding you. Can you please explain what you mean In the OP?

edit on 23-6-2014 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: XxRagingxPandaxX

Read it again.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I did. It still doesn't make sense. What do you mean by wiped clean? How do you define karma? What does your body and good intentions have to do with either? What did you wake up from?

Why did you forget everything?

edit on 23-6-2014 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: XxRagingxPandaxX

OK. No problem. We live in different worlds. Please return to yours.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Karma is a trap. That's kinda the whole thing. Nirvana, not reincarnation, is the destination for those who have broken free of the karmic cycle (i.e., have realized enlightenment).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean either.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

The 'trap' is for people who keep messing up. There are clues all around you for avoiding the trap ... but that doesn't mean you're going anywhere either.

There's lots of us here looking for the way out. There must be a way ... and that's probably why we're wiped before being brought back to the beginning.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
But what if the trap is for everybody. What if the trap is designed to keep even the wisest of us trapped.
The fact that I lost my understanding of what is worth more than physical beauty makes me suspicious of karma. I earned that knowledge, and then it was gone. Wiped clean, in my opinion,

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Was somewhat awake and had insight all my life, but still overburdened and went through lots of mistakes/trials. Woke up more early to mid 40's. Past life memory and lifts of the curtain a few times. I also don't believe in karma, and the way out is kindness and not harming, then trying to help and problem solve and overcome ego as much as possible to be able to address the needs of others, almost like getting out of the way and seeing it more as an assignment so you don't take things personally, but just try to work on abilities to help someone lift their spirits and problem solving themselves, not take over even.

Also, have to say, we have a lot more power than we or they think. We need to stop letting them fracture it or imprint their falsehoods on us. Stay true to a theme, ourselves, awake, helping, for example.

Going to sleep, feeling down, unable to do anything to help, and suddenly this inner presence and voice, almost a voiceless communication but with presence, concept came that I had a wellspring bubbling up within me and could reach this, and was there for me, and not to worry, and that I was loved. Every time I get really down, some little miracle that picks me up and sends encouragement.

My friend phoned and she recommended John Trudell. And shared a dream of her roomate fishing on the lake, and she drove her suburu on the water and he was going, she can't do that! How is she doing that?

Then a guide with her and she while driving it, there was a huge obstacle, wall there. She took a run and didn't quite clear it, but thought she was getting better. But he wasn't impressed. Then she shared her dream and her grandson told her, drive through it. She said its all a hologram anyway an illusion. So just do it, and if your body gives out and gives out from doing it, you've earned your medal and smoothie.

John Trudell , I'm crazy ?

Don't try to go over the obstacles, drive through them, they're just a hologram and we can reach that inner power. And not be afraid to die trying.
edit on 23-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
We choose our incarnations based upon what we need to learn in each lifetime .. it takes many lifetimes to reach enlightenment .. one should also among other things show compassion for all living beiings .. realise and understand reality lies beyond the veil of illusion that we inhabit ..

before enlightenment chop wood and carry water
after enlightenment chop wood and carry water

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Karma is not a trap, it is an opportunity to learn from our mistakes. Sure we don't (usually) remember those mistakes, but there's a good reason for that. The process of forgetting past lives through reincarnation is necessary for our advancement. One such example would be, imagine if you killed your current wife/husband/child etc... in your last life and you remembered it in this life. You may never be able to forgive yourself for the things you did, and that would ruin/interfere with your current life and chance to grow.

Of course it doesn't have to be this extreme for something to ruin or interfere with your current life, there are a million things (both good and bad) from your past lives that need to be forgotten so you can be free to live this life and do what you came here to do, without the burden of your many past lives holding you back.

What is important for you to remember will come through - when your ready for it. But keep in mind, many people are only born here for, let us say "more common, less grandiose things" such as raising a child or helping a neighbor. Things that were necessary to balance out their karma. Some are even born here to inspire others to be the best they can be.

Though your purpose can be an ever growing thing and expand to other areas you didn't originally incarnate here to do. It all depends on your level of advancement and your willingness to serve for the greater good.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

first, i'm going with the idea that there's a veil between worlds/dimensions that is time sensitive. the veil is only half opaque, that is, if you're looking, and you are.

second, i'm going with the idea that on the other side of the veil is you in a perfected state, that you apparently are not recognizing. it retains all your memories and other data about you, down to the microscopic and lower, level. it's like your very own akashic library, quantumly entangled to your dna so that it maintains a record of every moment of your life.

to recognize it, you have to forgive yourself. sometimes that means forgiving others as well. to do this, you have to assume there's a higher power that is "watching your every move" (shh, it's you but not just any you, rather you who have already figured it out). that's what i have unraveled so far.

it's a time puzzle.

edit on 23-6-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Wow negative nancy....Sounds like someone had a bad day.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
But what if the trap is for everybody. What if the trap is designed to keep even the wisest of us trapped.
The fact that I lost my understanding of what is worth more than physical beauty makes me suspicious of karma. I earned that knowledge, and then it was gone. Wiped clean, in my opinion,

Sorry some people need to get what they seed to learn to behave in a symbiotic manner. Fixing what you break is a good character trait.

To believe that a being that is an uncontested ego demonic bully will stop being a bully because people are nice to the bully (pushing up the ego even more) is handling the predatory nature of the bully in an insane way. With predatory beings you need to set boundaries since they are ego demonically insane and need treatment/time to stop being ego demonically insane. You cant stop a pedophile by being nice to the pedophile and let the pedophile be around your kids. Insane ego demonic bullies should be looked up and treated until they are safe.

If you do not believe in karma then you do not believe either that goodness/kindness put on the right people will create love back at you to increase you spiritual growth and connect with beings on a higher level. That is also a reap of what you seed.
edit on 23-6-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Karma is a trap. That's kinda the whole thing. Nirvana, not reincarnation, is the destination for those who have broken free of the karmic cycle (i.e., have realized enlightenment).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean either.

Karma is no more a trap than the laws of thermodynamics.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The key thing in order to avoid the trap is to not expect a reward when doing something good.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
The key thing in order to avoid the trap is to not expect a reward when doing something good.

Otherwise, that's not kindness, that's business.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Everyone born in this world is doomed to die and only by entering the next life can one truly be born, Jesus said I am the way and the life and the resurrection, the rebirth he mentions is a rebirth of the soul and an ascension out of the cycle of death and misery that this world truly is to a place were true life eternal can be gained but also true freedom and you can choose to live or to sleep as is the message to him whom thirst's I will give of the waters of life freely.
But the concept of Karma though thought of as indian (well we use the indian word for it) is a long held universal belief not isolated to the Hindu/Buddhist world but known also here, the Jew's also believed in reincarnation as do some sect's of modern palestinian and syrian drew and samaritan, often a child is born whith a scar like marking they associate with a injury from a past life.
Reincarnation and convincing storys of it do exist in the christian world and the early church accepted the concept, it was only after the formation of the modern christian bible in it's original greek form under constantine and his mother hellena that the reference's and passages to reincarnation as well as entire book's were left out entirely or rephrased but it is true that reincarnation is far less common among faithful christians, indeed verging on unheard of so as christ said through him is the way to escape what the hindu call karma for the not so bad and to escape hell for the truly bad and only through christ may this be acheived.

The shallow hal approach or self admiration based on physical parameters is like saying look my bacon is fresher than yours but it all falls away in the end, a good heart is more precious and a good soul even more so but that which is of the earth must fall away and christ said unless you despise the earth as I do you can not enter heaven, so he preached a form of self denial which many whom seek physical pleasure and perversion seem to have no understanding of, indeed they hate christianity with an outright vendetta seeing there addiction to there own pleasure as the key to there happiness when in the end they will be dust but in chrisian ethos living for god first so to abide by his rules (Which we all fail) and for those around us next (Another one that sound's simple but we tend to fail especially when we feel like we are the only ones doing it) actually can make us happier by creating a better world, a christian world around us.

edit on 23-6-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
For those struggling to understand the author's opening post, perhaps I can relay what I grasped from it (although I will admit I might be wrong with my interpretations):

* Important life lessons such as having a good heart are forgotten upon reincarnation, thus making the reincarnation without purpose
* The concept of Karma is flawed because it encourages us to continue to make the same mistakes over and over again since our minds were wiped clean upon reincarnation
* The energy we bring with us in each new carnation is transformed into negative emotional energy and is consumed by others, trapping them in the same cycle as well
* "Waking up" refers to realising that Karma and Reincarnation are false paths

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I consider Karma to be real, it is an intrinsic truth of our universe similar to mathematics. Think of it like a traffic jam, one person brakes, the next two people behind them brake, then four people, then eight, etc. until next thing you know everyone is stopped dead on the highway for no reason really. It is actually a very predictable, natural cycle.

You affect someone in a positive/negative way, then naturally they will echo that into the world themselves to other people, who then continue echoing it out until it one day affects you in an unthinkable manner. We are a product of every moment experience in our lives. If we come from an environment of positivity we are more likely to build good habits and redistribute the positivity into the world. From what I have experienced in my life, I am thoroughly convinced that there is something to the idea of karma.

Reincarnation on the other hand, I have no idea what to think. I do feel 'connected' to the world and maybe past experiences, but there is really no way to know. When we die we forget about this life because our brains stop working. However, I won't even know if that is true until I am dead and supposedly not capable of 'knowing' anything anymore!
edit on 23-6-2014 by Attentionwandered because: spelling

edit on 23-6-2014 by Attentionwandered because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join