It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stirkes 9 military targets in Syria.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So it appears that things are going to be escalating rather quickly. I do not forsee there being no response to this, it appears that the middle east powder keg is running out of time before it implodes.

rt.com...

We have hezbollah already restraining themselves amongst the fake kidnapping of Israeli teenagers, which I do admit it is hard to prove it is fake. However their response has been typical of a regime with no care or concern for a race they consider less than themselves.

www.csmonitor.com...

In the past eight years, the Iran-backed group is believed to have acquired GPS-guided Syrian-manufactured missiles fitted with 1,100-pound warheads with ranges of at least 150 miles. That puts Tel Aviv within range of the Lebanese border. It also has drones that can carry dozens of pounds of explosive. In October 2012, a drone operated by Hezbollah penetrated Israeli airspace in the south before being detected and shot down by Israeli jets.

Syria has been extremely patient with Israels consistent attempts to spark conflict

www.washingtonpost.com... 604-4492-b352-34bd1ee957f9_story.html

www.aljazeera.com...

Israel truly is the North Korea of the middle east!

Also this is my first attempt at a thread so constructive critiscism is welcome!
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago630pmSunday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago630pmSunday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago630pmSunday7 by elementalgrove because: trying to be as thorough as possible

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Adding other sources because I know that some people don't consider RT a trustworthy news reporter:

Times of Israel

The Jerusalem Post

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove
International law does not apply to Israel

edit on 22-6-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I just posted this on another thread . I was surprised it ha-dent hit the board yet .

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

Thank you for adding those! I had suspected as much, but did could only find pro israel sources and did not want to share! Lol thank you though it is best to have all propaganda in this game!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yea I did a search and did not find anything, so if need be they can join the 2 threads? Not to sure about how that works.

One thing is for sure though if these kind of shenanigans continue there are going to be many more threads to come!

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

If Israel were North Korea in the Middle East? Tehran wouldn't need street lights, nor would Damascus. They'd have unnatural glows to them, 24hrs a day. Lets not get downright silly about it...

Having said that..Israel DOES need to just back down a bit here and stop pushing as much as they GET pushed. They have all the ultimate power here and they can END any nation in the region, absolutely and forever with one set of codes, one order and about 20 minutes to wait, depending on which nation. They can afford to NOT stoke the fires of war, given that, IMO.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Found this as well . It seems that they don't want any other reporting going on that they cant control .

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The other thread was on the Iraq issue so this thread is fine . a reply to: elementalgrove

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Tongue in cheek comment, there has to be a certain element of silliness otherwise I simply could not pay attention to the world!

You are absolutely correct they can afford to not stoke the fires and that is my point in relating them to North Korea, they consistently without hesistation stoke that fire. Worse they get away with it, worse yet if you criticize it you are an anti-semite and there is no further conversation.

I suppose I could have been clearer, I do not see too many differences between Bibi and Kim Jong Un!

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago630pmSunday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
apparently in responce to:

"In Sunday’s attack, an Israeli civilian vehicle was struck by forces in Syria
as it drove in the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights.
A teenage boy was killed and two other people were wounded
in the first deadly incident along the volatile Israeli-Syrian front since
Syria’s civil war erupted more than three years ago."

"The incident occurred in the area of Tel Hazeka, near the Quneitra crossing.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights
said Syrian troops had shelled nearby targets
on the Syrian border earlier in the day."

"police identified the boy as Mohammed Karaka, 14, of the Arab village of Arraba in northern Israel."

www.theglobeandmail.com...
Josef Federman
JERUSALEM — The Associated Press
Published Sunday, Jun. 22 2014, 7:11 PM EDT
Last updated Sunday, Jun. 22 2014, 7:40 PM EDT

And then there is the kidnapping,,

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I would think that the rebel forces that Syria had repelled might be thinking a false flag to blame on Syria might be in order .just saying . a reply to: BobAthome

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

edit on 22-6-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The question is; Will Syria do anything about this? Will ISIS decide Iraq is not enough? This is a bad thing on any levels.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamatus
The question is; Will Syria do anything about this? Will ISIS decide Iraq is not enough? This is a bad thing on many levels.

oops. DP
edit on 22-6-2014 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Going to have to agree with you 100% on this one! Nothing could be better for Israel than a false flag attack. Which I am leaning towards for both this and the 3 supposedly kidnapped Israeli teens.

We all remember the Israeli's (Mossad) celebrating and recording the falling of the towers right!?

whatreallyhappened.com...

Oh and there is the attack on the USS Liberty as well;

www.veteranstoday.com...

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago630pmSunday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

The most important thing I have to say on the subject is that the continued existence of the State of Israel is in jeopardy. They're damned if they do ... and damned if they don't.

If the intended Shiite Caliphate becomes reality the harassment will be relentless *and* unending. But, I don't see a way out for them with 0bama's lack of foreign policy. It's pretty apparent he's not on the side of Israel and he's telegraphed his position to the region.

What'll be interesting is the near-term Saudi response, where the Jews are eventually going to move to, and how big the war is going to be two and a half years from now if the ends are not neatly tied by then.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Syria can do nothing to stop Israel. And because Syria arms and supports groups that attack Israel on a regular basis, Israel will never give them the benefit of the doubt. Then again what country on earth would not react like Israel has? Russia, China or the US would have occupied Syria by this point.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

But, I don't see a way out for them with 0bama's lack of foreign policy. It's pretty apparent he's not on the side of Israel and he's telegraphed his position to the region.

The constant increase of money and defense systems that Obama has given Israel really shows he isn't on Israel's side. This year alone we have given them a extra half billion dollars. Just because Obama doesn't want to go and fight Israel's wars for them doesn't mean he is against Israel. Seeing the way Netanyahu speaks to him he should be glad that Obama really isn't against him.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The UN should establish a no fly zone over the terrorist state of israel in order to preserve peace in the ME.
Or we could just full on bomb the state back into the stone age.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join