It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Acid Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
'___' was invented by Albert Hoffman in a lab in Switzerland. It was sent to the west as a gift from the God of getting high. The CIA used it on certain insane patients in hopes of reprogramming their being. If anyone could ellaborate on this, Please do.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
hmm .. .this is interesting would love to know if anyone comes up with any information on this ... =-) ..

www.stainblue.com...

this may help out alittle

[edit on 12/1/2004 by bet555]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There's a bunch of threads;
Thought I'd just pull one up for you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You could revive the thread....

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't know about it being created in a swiss lab. THe guy who was involved with its creation in the US with the CIA however did 'die' mysteriously. He was staying at a high floor in the Hotel Pennsylvania in NYC and plummeted to his death. If I recall correctly he had bruised his hands and head in a manner consistent with beign forced out the window.

Supposedly in general '___' was somethign that was going to be used against the soviets, poisoning them with it and the like. A good idea, since the 'natural' product its derived from, ergot, drove entire cities in europe insane, sending them on witchhunts and fearing werewolves and the like.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The only experiments that I know of that involved '___' was the MKULTRA program headed by Sidney Gottlieb. I belive the ultimate goal was mind control over suspected soviet spies.

Gottlieb was pretty ruthless in his experiments, and nearly anyone he came across was fair game for a suprise trip. I don't know if they ever used it on mentally ill patients, though.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Probably it was an experiment in the dialectic, since troops tested without duress started thinking clearly and saw through the "game veil," declaring things such as "universal brotherhood." That was the opposite of what the military was doing, I mean some general doesn't want some peace negotiator who is suddenly smarter than he is, does he? Generals don't take kindly to contact highs from all that greek philosophical stratus, especially from farm boys who only read a little Plato and remembered it too well. Nevertheless the CIA engineered the whole "hippie movement," as a dialectic, thinking that a weak message of peace was a way to synthesize distractions in the public mind during more war and conflict. A few tortured psychotics, by design, was all they needed to keep in reserve a "way out." I mean they would have gone beserk without the "soma," if you will, seeing as to the set and setting they created to test some people in panic.

They did more of a disconnect from the transference legend of JFK, with the Tavistock Institute creating the Beatles, and other manufactured "bands." Clearly the transference mechanism shifted from Camelot to the functionally useless though delightful "music, and celebrity." You cannot have a cogent political man can you, raising the bar. People they want to "control," need the confusion of music, its non functional irrelevance to actual conditions. Yeah music is great, but not when it unplugs you from reality. Besides Lyndon Johnson was about as exciting as Elmer Fudd without Bugs Bunny.

But again the solutions for world peace are almost too easy, once you "get it." But financial interests prefer the existing oligarchy, wishing only to use things for the typical absurd "pyramid and ponzi scheme," more weapons war and death to continue their illusion of complete control. It never ever will come to pass, the human spirit itself is too great for that.

One CIA agent according to John Marks, said the only uncensored version of the story, namely that it was like "being a locomotive." Yeah it turns on everything from that story. Also most poignantly troops cogently talking about peace and brotherhood was the last thing the war department needed. So they brainwashed Manson and demonized things hysterically in the media, getting rid of their "movement," because it was getting on elite nerves who just love tyranny. It is probably in that "Yellow Submarine," cartoon, the "blue meanies," and all that. Yes the powers that be actually tell you the truth, it is in your face, but you prefer like Hogan's heroes apple struddel sargeant to say "I know no-thing, Colonel Hogan, I see no-thing!"

Of course none of this is clear, but words do nothing for the ineffable

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well on the topic of it reprogramming minds, There is one classic story of '___' tragedy: One bright young mind, Syd Barrett.

He was the original frontman for Pink Floyd, he was a genius in terms of lyrics and writing. He had a fatal flaw: A rabid addiction to '___'. He would take it from 9-20 times per day. He woke up in the morning, took some, had some with his breakfast, had some at brunch, would have some between lunch and then some more during lunch, some in the afternoon and some more a dinner, some before bed and some as a midnight snak. It pretty much deprogrammed him. He no longer spoke, wrote songs, played his guitar. When they band went on tours he would just stand on the stage and totally disregard his bandmates playing. Or he would play like there was no tommorrow, playing a solo for hours more than it was. So as most of you can read, acid can have a heavy effect on the human psyche.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If you want a good precis of the history of the CIA and Acid, read John Mark's The Search for the Manchurian Candidate: The CIA and Mind Control, still the best review of the CIA's dodgy past.

You can read it online Here

Nygdan, I think the person you're thinking of who "fell" out of a hotel window was Frank Olson, but he was'nt the man who brought '___' to the US. That person was "Captain Trips", a former OSS agent called Hubbard.

Frank Olson was a microbiologist and temporary head of the Special Operations Division of Camp Detrick. He worked closely with the CIA and was spiked with '___' at a meeting by the head of CIA TSS, Sidney "The Gimp" Gottlieb. It appears that he had witnessed CIA terminal interrogations of supected Soviet agents while in Germany and the CIA were concerned he might blow the whistle on them. Hence the "jump" out of a New York hotel window. A recent autopsy concluded he received a strong blow to his head just before he "fell" out of the window. His fellow room-mate was a CIA agent.

Read more at The Frank Olson Project

zero lift

[edit on 1-12-2004 by zero lift]

dh

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It is always a question of who has control
Is it you of the drug, or the drug of you. Does the drug control you on behalf of another agency?
www.brainmachines.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Acid, '___', Microdots("pure" acid) its all the same BS. I know a guy who used to do '___' in the 70s when it was "cool" and one day he took a big hit....then stripped nekkid and starting doing laps around the block, in the middle of winter -30c temps. He's never been the same since. He is a sketzophrenic plain and simple and frankly when I first met him he scared me. Allthough now i realise he is just nutz, and he really is a nice guy. Just made a mistake oh so long ago.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i have alot of information on this, not all on '___', but mind control which coincides with '___'.. should i post it on this thread or another one? and do we have a character limit on the posts anyway?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Go ahead and post it. I think the guy who fell from the window was a CIA or military employee who was unknowingly dosed. President Carter apologized to the family after a Congressional investigation. And they were awarded a settlement. '___' is a very powerful drug, if someone was given a high dose without their knowledge or consent it could really mess with their mind.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm certain most any dose of '___' given without the person's knowledge would produce a "bad trip". If they had already experienced the drug's effects this would be less likely as they would recognize it and wait it out.

There are many stories of '___' induced insanity (like the guy that thought he was a dolphin) but usually a very large amount needs to be taken at one time so that the trip lasts days or weeks. At small doses '___' can last 8-12 hours which is not nearly enough for someone to lose their grip on reality. Multiply that by 100 (the dolphin guy) and you would have to be some sort of super specimen not to go insane.

I think the whole idea behind mind control (as we are discussing it) is to break the mind into different segments. Then put in key words that will manifest the segment you programmed in. For instance, "duck in the noose", if anyone remembers that one.

Edit: I think they found that trauma worked much better for creating this mental separation.

[edit on 12-13-2004 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I dont think they are going for mind separation, more like a one world brain. uniting the populations brains together to basically present one persoanlity would make more sense. That way, everyone will think the same, and no one can step out of line becuase they wouldnt know how to. Does that make sense?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't quite follow how the CIA could have used '___' to create a one world mind, but I find the idea intriguing.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The CIA were using '___' as an aid to interrogation.

Read this declassified Project Artichoke pdf.

Page 5 mentions the death of Frank Olson after he was given '___' by the CIA Head of TSS, Sidney Gottleib.

zero lift

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
interesting stuff i could see it... the goverment using drugs to make people believe in the cause to think in one mind to act as a soldier and thats it follow every command to there death or honorable discharge.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
first of all, i would never suggest trying acid without reading up on it first.

if you're really interested in the subject, i would suggest reading Acid Dreams. i've read a number of pieces of literacture on the subject, and this is by far the most impressive. Also, Huxley wrote a book called Doors of Perception which is also an excellent first person account of the implications of an acid trip.

has anyone else heard about the tests the CIA did in the 70s by luring people back to hotels with hookers and then lacing them with '___'? just a thought.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkFollower
interesting stuff i could see it... the goverment using drugs to make people believe in the cause to think in one mind to act as a soldier and thats it follow every command to there death or honorable discharge.

I've done acid and I just don't see it as viable to mind control for military purposes. You would be too zoned out on the trails from the bullets to duck. That is if you can look up from zoning out on your hand.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
IIRC, the CIA and Army started studying this because they heard the Russians were. They were afraid it would be used on their spies during interrogation. Besides hospitals, there were also prison experiments. I guess they make the perfect 'control group'.

The Army also looked into using it as a weapon. Just imagine the chaos it would cause if you could spike the drinking water of an enemy base. 12 hours later, 1000's of soldiers look up wondering where those funny pink bunny rabbits they were just talking to went, and who the heck let all these marines in here?

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource
I've done acid and I just don't see it as viable to mind control for military purposes. You would be too zoned out on the trails from the bullets to duck. That is if you can look up from zoning out on your hand.

After 15 years I'm still getting laughed at for yelling "Hamburglar" and then biting a friend on the arm. But in my defense, she looked just like that guy in the McDonald's commercials, and hey, I was hungry!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join