It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government arresting people for anti Obama facebook post.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Obligations don't necessarily end at the end of the "contract". Some contracts require a person go into the IRR at the end of their active duty cycle.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
And this is the one millionth good reason not to use "social" media!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I served in the Army under Bush & despite all the bonehead things he said & did, I did not publicly disrespect the commander in chief. The hate and racism from the right-wing towards this administration is ridiculous . A lot of the claims of why he is hated, are mostly based on misinformation, ignorance and flat out lies. I am no Democrat (Nor liberal), but if you believe this President is a Muslim, doesn't love his country or was born in Kenya....you are beyond retarded and you are letting yourself be blinded by hate and racism.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Ah yes. The Rutherford Institute.
1982................................. founded by John Whitehead.
2014..(32 years later) current president.....John Whitehead.
2014.. spokesman for the Raub case..........John Whitehead.
Is it an understatement to suggest being cautious about positions taken when the spokesman for a firm is the president of the firm and also it's founder????

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalRazor
I served in the Army under Bush & despite all the bonehead things he said & did, I did not publicly disrespect the commander in chief. The hate and racism from the right-wing towards this administration is ridiculous . A lot of the claims of why he is hated, are mostly based on misinformation, ignorance and flat out lies. I am no Democrat (Nor liberal), but if you believe this President is a Muslim, doesn't love his country or was born in Kenya....you are beyond retarded and you are letting yourself be blinded by hate and racism.

Well said. I never liked Bush, but you won't ever hear me calling him out with some offensive name or parroting talking heads or comedians in regards to him.

I get very sick of people parroting Limbaugh or Hannity or Anne Coulter or any of those types or worse. I keep hearing people on the right telling me how Obama has destroyed the country, taken everyone's freedoms, taken everyone's guns, destroyed the constitution etc. Um, but I live here in the USA and funny thing is, he hasn't done any of those things. Turn off the talk radio and walk outside and see for yourselves what's really going on.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: nighthawk1954

When I read the headline I immediately thought of this case. Now concerning Brandon, he was sent to a mental facitily because he had some violent FB posts, which he said were music lyrics, if I recall.

What's sad is, the latest mass shooter from Cali, what's his name, posted FB and YouTube videos about his violent thoughts. Well the police were notified by none other than his parents. When the police visited they had a short conversation with him and determined he was no threat.

Meanwhile, Brandon here posts anti-gov't messages along with violent lyrics and is immediately sent to the mental ward.

What's wrong with this picture?

Nothing is wrong with this picture. Both were used by Big Brother appropriately according to their means...

1. Brandon was anti-government and Big Brother can't have that. He was locked away to be used as an example to other veterans.

2. Elliot was angry at stupid s#!t and wanted to kill other people out of sheer jealousy. His acts instill fear and outrage in the populace and Big Brother could use him to increase it's power and control over the populace.

They are but pawns in the game. Learn the game before it's too late.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Isn't this a prime opportunity to really let the goverment know your disapproval?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
Totally disgusting but I knew it would only be a matter of time.

This article will make you angry. The US Government is actively seeking those who criticize government, specifically Barack Obama, and arresting them without charging them. They are remanded to mental health institutions where they are given "training" on how to view the world.

Remind you of a little book that George Orwell wrote?

And of course they are going after Veterans!

www.politicalears.com...

That deputy sheriff in that video broke his oath of office. Those unknown men in plain clothes got the sheriff to breach the peace and violate this veterans right to free speech and arrest him without justifiable cause. Arrested for posting his political views on the internet. One of these days they are going to make this mistake in a area of armed citizens who uphold the constitution and guess what? It will all be legal. A peace officer taking place in a illegal kidnapping basically. What the sheriff should of said to those unknown men of the government va or whoever the hell they are. Get the hell out of my town!! That's a sheriff.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So, why isn't everyone protesting outside his place of holding to voice your disgust and disapproval?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I wonder what part they are leaving out.

Perhaps a prior history of violent aggressive behavior. previous mental health issues etc.

No one is going to be locked up for criticizing this administration's policies, hell, I could name like six ATS members that would already be at gitmo if that were true.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this story is real or not(half truths everywhere).But please read this, to all of the Above Top Secret community:

Be careful when you read things from RT(Russia Today), wich seems to have come up out of nowhere(nobody paid much attention to it a year ago. After all,it is a russian propaganda tool.Yes,other countries have em just like America and Venezuela where I live-
edit on 17-6-2014 by metodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I do not think he spilled the beans on any classified information via facebook.

I have spoken to Marines off the record, some having some brass and they know when to keep their mouth shut. If his enlistment and reserve time was up, I do believe he is no longer obligated to the UCMJ. I suppose that is for him and his lawyers to argue in court.

I do not like the precedent that has been set with people being scooped up and charge over FB posts.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The original link flat out lied when they said the media didn't cover it, a casual search brought me to this link

Plus the story is now about 2 years old.

I agree that he should not have been sent to a mental ward, but at the same time I was angry about this 2 years ago, not bringing it up now because on my political blog I had nothing else bad to say about Obama today.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: metodex
Actually, I been watching RT for a while now. They were the only ones besides local stations to cover any of the tea party protests before that bimbo palin started showing up to them for example.

More on topic, these idiots running are country really are pretty dumb. How do they expect to keep getting cannon fodder for their wars they way they been treating vets? They planning on starting up the draft again or something?
edit on Tue, 17 Jun 2014 22:52:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I was under the impression he was part of the IRR at the time he made the comment.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is also a tactic for removing our 2nd amendment rights. The bill of rights was set up to express our GOD GIVEN rights. Now that doctors have to power to detain people and determine gun rights, it is only a matter of time before the ACA hijacks every facet of healthcare, and doctors become government paid shills promoting the NWO agenda further.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 0utbr3aK

Doctors are not paid government shills and you are mischaracterizing the laws that deal with mental health and weapons possession.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

call me cynical - but the OP source is encouraging you to buy and presumably wear a t-shirt critisinhg Obama - what is their motive ?????

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Rappers say the same things this guy said all the time, and nothing happens to them..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: lobograndemalo
Rappers say the same things this guy said all the time, and nothing happens to them..

Because this guy wasn't arrested just for criticizing the President. No doubt there is missing info and this story is being slanted to favor the political right-wing and get their base angry and bothered. For several years it has been the conservative strategy and it keeps working.
edit on 18-6-2014 by LogicalRazor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join