It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If god and Jesus were first encountered today for the first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I woke up this morning with this thought in my head .. so no offence to current believers.

If God and jesus were not heard of before and it was today the events in the bible were spreading through the lands
what would be the reaction to this in today's modern society?

You have to focus here as the the entire premise dependes on the population
being completely without religion up until now.

Do you think that religion would catch on in our modern world or would
the people spreading it be condemed.

edit on Sun, 15 Jun 2014 04:19:16 -0500194America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I feel like that's a moot point of view, since from the dawn of civilization, there have been idols and unrequited belief in a Creator/divine being. To remove religion would be to alter the course of human history entirely. There's no way to know what life would be like without some kind of deistic construct amongst the various civilizations/nations of the world.

It would be interesting though, to set up a massive dome (like in the Truman Show) where you isolate 1000's of kids, never teaching them about religion, but helping them grow up in an archetypal society without any kind of biases what-so-ever *ponders* Of course the parents would be in on it, but they would only be allowed to nurture the child's curiosity, helping them figure out the answers for themselves.
edit on 15-6-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Here is my Question:
Please Explain me what jesus is, without the connection to the past/written history.

edit on 15/6/2014 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Are you talking about miracle events happening right now? Like the story of Jesus breaking bread & fish into many pieces to feed the gathered people?

If that is the case then I think it would be hard for people to deny what they are seeing. I think God/Jesus would have to explain how their miracles work in order for everyone to fully believe. It would be hard to do though because how does one explain such a complex concept to such a primitive mind? (I used the old adage, not saying we are primitive level but still a huge gap in knowledge.)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Pilloried on ATS for being a pinko hippy.

Also, Imposter! - everyone knows Jesus looks like a young Barry Gibb. Frikking Ay-rab.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
This might be slightly off your point but when I woke up this morning for some reason I felt like I had to write something down that popped into my head, I came on here to have a look through the newest posts and saw this so thought I'd share what I wrote:

'...And God looked down upon his children and smiled. For finally his greatest secret had been revealed'

Now I dont know if its something that comes from a Bible verse or another religious book but it popped into my head this morning and I'm not a religious person or anything but thought it was odd that I thought of it. I've written it down and placed the small piece of paper in my wallet and am gonna leave it there just in case.

Now to your post, I really dont think it could happen today. No one would believe it, they'd think Jesus was another Darren Brown or someone playing tricks on our mind. And when he starts to talk about worshiping one God, a God that we've never heard of I think people would start to call him a nut and or he would be labelled a cult leader.

That's not me attacking the religion though, I just mean with the way we think today people would think that way or at least most of them would.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
man kept yanking levers and cranking cranks, and
said into the microphone (which made the Great And Powerful
Wizard speak) "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
I AM The Great And Powerful Wiz . . . "

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
if jesus comes to earth he will be arrested, or shot for
illegally helping out sick people the elite can not profit from.

or he ends up on a table for understanding and harvesting magical powers.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
He'd be put on a reality tv show. It would be neat for a while, and then a new iPhone would come out and everyone would forget. Jesus would end up like David Blaine... You know, that one guy who used to be on tv? He did magic tricks or something.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Im going to throw few quotes from this post:

originally posted by: Danny85
'...And God looked down upon his children and smiled. For finally his greatest secret had been revealed'

originally posted by: laurentius
... understanding and harvesting magical powers.

everyone on this world can use for the good of all only. (good of all means: if used in negative way it hurts only the user himself (user himself need to recognize that everything is him))

a secret that has been hidden from us by us.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Probably not since all over this world there are people who are preaching the spiritual message on a higher level than the Religions from my point of view are and they seem not to get so much response since people are to conditioned to the old way of thinking.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
As soon as any Prophet or good influence not to say that one religous idea is any gooder than another,they are all ideologies, engaged with the money mongers their ticket woud be punched.

Anyone trying to help Humanity would inevitably end up engaging the money mongers.

Today it is the Money Mongers against what is now a galvanised and internet united Humanity.

No one can help us but ourselves.

The battle of good and evil has always really been one of money and Humanity.

Individual power over group power,individuals trying to screw Humanity to serve their and their minions own interests.

If God or Jesus as they are idolised,were to show up you would likely be talking to them on a site like this,that is before they became an activist against TPTB which would take about a week of surfing the internet,then there would be a battle,and once TPTB felt the fiscal impact of something draining their income they would plug the hole and bye bye prophet.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Your initial question is flawed... "If God AND Jesus...." Jesus IS God.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime

Instead of focusing on that, which makes it seem like you're trying to start a fight, take part in the discussion.

what do you think you would happen if God/Jesus (whatever form doesn't matter) came to Earth to preach the good word & perform miracles

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Margana

yes.. that was my point exactly.. but there is little interest in the
discussion.
For me though....it could never happen in modern times...
The preaching might gain followers.. but the miracles would be another matter.
Proof would be sought to verify that these miracles were not slight of hand.

After all we just have a very old set of texts claiming these miracles in the first place.

We all know how things are treated on ATS that claim wild claims and have no supporting evidence.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

It would be the same result.

The cry "CRUCIFY HIM" would ring out loudly and persistently . . . at some point . . . as is so vividly evident on ATS 24/7/365.

Mankind insists on being his own god and doing his own thing . . .

&/or his neighbor's; &/or his neighbor's wife's thing . . .

in more than one manner of speaking.

The RELIGION OF SCIENTISM has had NO cure for

--rebellion
--idolatry
--arrogance
--selfishness
--devilish evil and perverseness
--greed
--violence

. . . and actually . . . has provided a rational for mayhem on a whim with the idiotic notion that "there is no right or wrong."

The bottom line would be . . . the same

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think there could be no disputing He was here and The One if He raised the dead from their graves. Noone could dispute that particular miracle.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime

And you are splitting hairs. Don't act like you don't understand the question being asked.
edit on 13-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join