It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Why No One Found WMDs in Iraq?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
jonrappoport.wordpress.com...

Yes, prior to Gulf War 2, all sorts of people were lying about WMDs in Iraq. There was the whole business about the yellowcake and Niger, and Colin Powell speaking before the UN.

There was a WMD depot in Iraq that wasn’t a depot.

There were people who said they had secret evidence Saddam shipped weapons out of the country. And maybe they did have evidence.

But this is a different story. It involves the prospect of inspectors finding very serious weapons and then saying, “Wait! The weapons’ containers have American labels on them!”

Here’s a quote from the Washington Post (9/4/13, “When the US looked the other way on chemical weapons”): “…The administrations of Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush authorized the sale to Iraq of numerous items…including poisonous chemicals and deadly biological viruses, such as anthrax and bubonic plague…”

Between 1985 and 1989, a US 501C3 firm, American Type Culture Collection, sent Iraq up to 70 shipments of various biowar agents, including 21 strains of anthrax.

Between 1984 and 1989, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) sent Iraq at least 80 different biowar agents, including botulinum toxoid, dengue virus, and West Nile antigen and antibody.

Yes but, they were fighting Iran and kicking butt..!

Blum also points out that a 1994 Pentagon report dismissed any connection between all these biowar agents and Gulf War Illness. But the researcher who headed up that study, Joshua Lederberg, was actually a director of the US firm that had provided the most biowar material to Iraq in the 1980s: the American Type Culture Collection.

Now that part I can believe due to the revolving doors of our government and the CYA stall tactics that is prevalent to this very day and getting worse...IMO.

It’s clear that the US government shipped those bio/chem weapons to Iraq to aid it in its war against Iran. And yes, Iraq did use chemical weapons against Iran—and also against the Iraqi Kurds. Perhaps you remember that, much later, the US government repeated, over and over, “Saddam used chemical weapons against the Kurds, his own people,” as a reason for attacking Iraq.

So is there any limit beyond which the US government wouldn’t go to foment war, to wage war?

I realize I do not have the big picture of the global shake out or end game.. But when I read stuff like this it is probably better.... Hell yes Saddam had chemical and bio-weapons we sold them to him..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Aint it the american way? They also supplied weapons and support to iran to fight russia when they were fighting in iraq. Then when they left america hought iran is now the new enemy and give weapons to iraq to fight iran. This is just 1 of many examples. It seems every country that america befriend will become their enemy and need to be destroyed once america used and abused that country and got hat they wanted. Luckily for the world the idoits who are willing to support america is very few and getting fewer by the month.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Come on, its obvious to all surely, Iraq's missiles could hit both Israel and Saudi - who runs America, certainly not the American people as their Government is merely a puppet of Netanyahu - he boasted so. Also the Saudi's don't fight their own wars, they use other people, preferably non Muslim lives - and they regard a huge section of Muslims to be non-Muslim in actuality.

Both the USA and UK danced off to war with troops from some other country's and our poor troops who came back have suffered terrible disease and mental health problems and many poor Iraqis are living in land polluted with depleted uranium and one of their doctors described cancer cases there as more prolific than the common cold.

That should be enough to stop the public everywhere supporting the bankers (who make money from both sides and should be done for treason), arms dealers and selfish, self-protectionist states that pressure other country's to fight their personal battles.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I suggest that when a president, minister and mp,s everyone who support a war or make the decision to send troops to war must send at least 1 close family member to war as a soldier foot soldier. That close family must be like husband, wife, mother, farther or kid. I bet if they stand to loose their own they talk a lot more matters out before they decide to shoot matters out. a reply to: Shiloh7

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I had heard of most of what you presented except for the "Gulf War Illness." in relation to some of the chemicals ,(possible connection? ) ...Do you think that someone had soberer second thoughts and decided the only way to cover this up is to clean house in Iraq .The weapons must be able to have been put into historical time frame .I am not thinking it was a president because those guys are usually too busy being briefed by their handler but who or what dept. would have been responsible ?

It's so easy for us plebs to point the finger at this bad guy or that incompetent person .There seems to be no shortage of them .Would this have been the cya and their workings ? Unless there is someone in the Pentagon ..don't know ....peace

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever
I suggest that when a president, minister and mp,s everyone who support a war or make the decision to send troops to war must send at least 1 close family member to war as a soldier foot soldier. That close family must be like husband, wife, mother, farther or kid. I bet if they stand to loose their own they talk a lot more matters out before they decide to shoot matters out. a reply to: Shiloh7

I my humble opinion if there was a draft many of these latest wars would have been over long ago or never started in the first place..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
You know what?

I could believe it. Iraq was actually a retrieval mission, not an investigative war on rouge nations with nukes.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Yea but never a word about all the Russian hardware in Iraq. Tanks, SCUDS ect. Why if a fool didn't know any better the place looked like a Russian proxy more than anything. And I mean wow! Its not like the Russians haven't helped with nuclear weapons programs in other countries. Gee Wally someone's got their head up their azz.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is kind of old news to me and probably to many others here as well. Right after 9/11 there were U.S. Navy documents online that showed clearly where the gas WMD in Iraq came from (U.S. manufacturers or resellers and trade deals when Iraq was our convenient pawn). There were also eye-witness reports early on about the labels of what early troops there found that were quickly squelched.

This was pretty much why they "knew" it was there too. But someone clearly didn't think it through far enough in advance or get the sanitizing squads in there fast enough as they were trying to make their "case" to invade Iraq.

This information and most of that like it has of course by now been sanitized, wiped clean from history as history was rewritten to suit the needs of the same greedy freaks before it had that been more common knowledge. Inconvenient truths can be easily disappeared.

It should also come as no surprise to anyone that arms and weapons dealers really don't give a flying fig about who they sell to or who these arms and weapons kill as long as they get their nut. Pretty straightforward lack of any kind of morality or ethics. And we swallow it. Sad.
edit on 6/13/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
whatever the motivation for creating the Iraq=WMD backstory...
the Christian-Zionists, neocons & the globalists like Brzezinski got the geopolitical landscape littered with reasons to attack/invade/change governments throughout the ME, the Levant, North Africa, Eur-Asia

and to literally litter the physical landscape with all the DU (depleted uranium) ammo & shrapnel which needed to be removed from the USAs storage stockpiles...

? you think that outlawing lead from bullets was only a recent decision by the globalists...
naw.... the spiderweb is very intricate & elaborate & takes time for it to develop

the hidden WMDs will still pop up as the leadership need it for decades

but the next generation , extreme Jihadist we see today as ISIS, ISIL, Boko, will All be even better armed than the Mujahedeen w/ stinger missiles were, back in the '80s-90s

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Scott Ritter talks about it here .
a reply to: ~Lucidity

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well we can isolate the WMD discussion form the larger picture that was Iraq and justification for war.

But we do need to remember who we are talking about. A national leader that fired SCUDS into nations not even associated with the conflict, a nation full off mass graves, burning oil wells by the hundreds, the sacking and plunder of a small weaker nation, a leader that didn't really have any use for the UN himself, a guy that did use chemical and bio weapons against coalition forces during the 1sr gulf war and a guy that put a hit out on the president of the united states. Wow I just cant shed enough tears for his dumb azz.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
back in my earlier days as a conspiracy theorist/ right wing wacko back in the 90's. i use to eat up every rumor that flew around.
there was this one show on am and shortwave radio , i can't remember the guys name other than his first name was jeff, and that he moved to south america during the y2k deal.
he had a guy on show one time that was reportedly a former CIA agent. he said that the gas Saddam Hussein used against the kurds was supplied to them by the U.S. and that a few years after the gulf war, there were several iraqis caught on the U.S./ Mexican border with anthrax and other bio agents in container and vials with U.S. markings on them.

i've tried to find the the show a few times in the past and tried again after reading this thread, couldn't find it. but i did find this in a wiki on the iran-iraq war.

According to Iraqi documents, assistance in developing chemical weapons was obtained from firms in many countries, including the United States, West Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and France. A report stated that Dutch, Australian, Italian, French and both West and East German companies were involved in the export of raw materials to Iraqi chemical weapons factories.[184] Declassified CIA documents show that the United States was providing reconnaissance intelligence to Iraq around 1987–88 which was then used to launch chemical weapon attacks on Iranian troops and that CIA fully knew that chemical weapons would be deployed and sarin attacks followed.[185]
Iran–Iraq War

so it looks like quite a few countries helped them with the wmd's during that time frame.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Its all good for the military industry = economy.. humans lives not so I guess (at least when foreigners).

Ukraine must be similar, someone's gonna profit..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I think you could say similar things about the covert operations by the alphabet agencies working for and inside the group of five eyes .With so many revelations on past wars and the false flag operations associated with them ,we have to consider that covert operations un known to the country's leaders are what is working behind the scenes .If you compare the scuds that may have just been either a bad operation or a false flag to say The Liberty then if you don't get a knot inside you you are missing something and are on propaganda kool-aid a reply to: Logarock

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
One good thing from this thread is the next time you hear someone say where was the WMD you can always answer, "heck I dunno but we sure as heck sold them a bunch and it was delivered to an Iraqi address".. It might get sent back as return to sender one day, no? Some things just suck IMO..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

As opposed to what? The covert alphabet agency beverage?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

But we do need to remember who we are talking about. A national leader that fired SCUDS into nations not even associated with the conflict, a nation full off mass graves, burning oil wells by the hundreds, the sacking and plunder of a small weaker nation, a leader that didn't really have any use for the UN himself, a guy that did use chemical and bio weapons against coalition forces during the 1sr gulf war and a guy that put a hit out on the president of the united states. Wow I just cant shed enough tears for his dumb azz. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Tell me how the nations that are being drone attacked by the US is related to the conflict .There are mass graves all over the world .Was it not Ireland that just found one there with kids in it .There are a lot of people that see the UN as more of a tool for the powerful then for peoples like the Palestinians or the Indigenous groups around the world .Look up how many complaints against Israel and see how many of them are actually getting addressed .No wonder the kids over in Palestine have taken up throwing rocks at the IDF .When they grow up they remember and take up throwing grenades or trying to find a missile to launch .You forgot to mention the babies that Sadam took out of the incubators and threw on the floor . a reply to: Logarock

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I've been saying this for 12+ years. We(the US) knew there were chemical weapons because we supplied them. The US is the worlds largest arms dealer.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
You know what?

I could believe it. Iraq was actually a retrieval mission, not an investigative war on rouge nations with nukes.

More like an equipment test. How will all these jet turbines work with all of this sand. Communications, sand storms, heat, etc. The answer we make some really fine equipment compared to our enemies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join