It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another thread removed by the moderators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
A thread, called "The Revolution Has Begun, Volunteer Now" has been removed today for unjustified reasons.

Here is the dead link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will not accuse the moderators here of anything... but what's going on with you, guys? Can't you at least give us an (honest) explanation for removing this thread? Were you acting under the pressure of the government?

I mean come on... the slogan for ATS is "Deny Ignorance"! Now here you're going straight into the opposite direction, by hiding something that was posted by one of your members, and the public wants to know about.

Please justify yourself, or put this thread back online. I want to deny ignorance!

Thank you

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It sounds to me like the old debate about activism and ATS not being a cause-driven facility for promoting social unrest. What did you write about, in brief, and without inciting riots?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Have you read the Terms & Conditions of the board?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

11.) You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited by this website. You will not, furthermore, collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending them any such advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, messaging programs, etc.).

12.) You agree not to cultivate the membership of the AboveTopSecret.com discussion board for the sending of private messages (board U2U or e-mail) for the purposes of marketing, mass mailing, or recruitment for other groups (offline or online) such as activist groups or other online discussion board websites.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I think such a thread sounds unacceptable and was probably tasteless considering its name and that the administration removed it.

I do hope the creator of the thread in question used bad judgment as opposed to those above us abusing their authority. The fact that this topic, the one insinuating the ATS admin is a secret society, is still here seems to suggest that no cover-up was intended though, luckily.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well, let's see.... Let's do a rundown for the others:

You started out by announcing that you'd solved ALL of the problems of the world using a technology that nations had been trying to develop but only you knew the secrets. You were here as our guru and you had a new technology from God and you were setting up an organization.

And then you invited people to email you at your "zwallet" account.

There are a lot of people who come in here and make those kinds of claims and then try to get people to send them money. So we kill off things like that.

If your technology is that wonderful, you should quit wasting time here and make a good demonstration of it, and then call a press conference. Even if you get just one reporter it will work.

Then you can re-demonstrate before a larger press conference. And soon, very soon, you will have the whole world.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I asked for an honest answer...

What about Freemasons? On numerous threads, members of this society have not only openly promoted freemasonry but incited ATS members to be initiated into a freemasonic order. You want proofs? You find it almost everyday into the "Secret Societies" forum! That won't be a lot difficult for me to find some of these posts.

And what about Christians who are praising the Lord in the boards... are'nt they using the forums for promoting their specific faith to other members?

Sorry, but either you apply these rules UNIVERSALLY, or you just soften them. There is no alternative... aside from bigotry and dishonest censorship, of course.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
yeah "sign up for the revolution" might sound kinda Dangerous to the government , especially coming from a conspiracy site. i would think that they want to avoid real negative attention,

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
That last message was to Banshee, but thank you for the clarification, Bird.

So it was because this member incited people to email him... aaaright

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It seems the revolution ended as quickly as it had begun. Yes, the slogan is "deny ignorance" not "allow arrogance." Posts like that bring unwanted attention to yourself (trust me) and to this forum.

He has technology that will solve all the problems of the world?!?! I'll take five... no ten!!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I trust the answers provided by SuperModerators Banshee and Byrd addressed your questions. I would also invite you to utilise the Complaints link and message staff directly if you have any further concerns.

*thread locked*

top topics

join