It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shootings/killings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ok. Since there is no forum for mass shootings/killings, Lets make some predictions.

When is the next mass shooting ?

Where it will occur is another thing, no disrespect to my American friends but probability and logic says it'll probably be somewhere in the U.S.

It's a sad sad reality but I feel it has to sink in. Like watching clouds and knowing it'll rain eventually. It's like a morbid cycle that's not stopping.

It's a serious issue, and I wish it would never happen again but it will. We can't allow ourselves to be desensitize by how important this subject is. If terrorist attacks happened in that frequency there would already be martial law or even a world war.

So I ask the question:
-When and where do you think the next mass shooting will take place ?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How about we stop talking about it and focusing so much energy on it?

The last thing these maniacs need is more attention. Everyone needs to just shut up about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

The next mass shooting will be gang related.

You and I will never hear of it because it doesn't fit the agenda of fear-mongering weirdos in the MSM. Those that only focus on certain events and ignore the overall statistics and other news stories.

What I will hear of is the statistics next time they are released which will more than likely reiterate the same information I've been paying attention to for years. Which is that gun violence and violence in America has decreased in the last 30 or so years.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Way to go. Lol

You're hilarious. So starting a thread is giving the crazies a reason to start a mass killing ?
Get the f### out of here. Lol

edit on 11-6-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm up for the challenge....

Remote viewing ....a spurned lover shooting his girl friend and her entire family, including an infant. I see this in Texas or other SW state. Shooter escapes to Arkansas and is killed in a shoot out with the cops but some innocent bystanders are shot as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Ok. Since there is no forum for mass shootings/killings, Lets make some predictions. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

WOW, Really?

This is some thing one should focus on and make predictions of?

We can't allow ourselves to be desensitize by how important this subject is. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So lets make prediction about the next one to be sensitive?

Have I logged into some alternate reality, why not ask what people think the odds will be and how many kids will die in the next one.

Sorry but I think this thread is in real bad taste, hey free speech and all, every one can say and suggest what otrhers will find obscene like I have here.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Everyone needs to just shut up about it.

Not really, discussion is needed, research is needed.

Whats is suggested is in my opinion doing this exactly quoted below

The last thing these maniacs need is more attention. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread reads like Round em up ladies and gents place your bets for the next.......

We should talk but not make speculations or prediction for the next one.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Chance of Mass Shooting happening in...

USA, Latin American, African militant country = 99%

Canada, Sweden, Norway, Finland and rest of the developed nations= 1%

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Everyone needs to just shut up about it.

Not really, discussion is needed, research is needed.

Whats is suggested is in my opinion doing this exactly quoted below

The last thing these maniacs need is more attention. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread reads like Round em up ladies and gents place your bets for the next.......

We should talk but not make speculations or prediction for the next one.

However you perceive it has to do with exactly that, your perception.

I say we should talk about it and even dare to try to predict. It will happen. It shouldn't but it will. It's be even more amazing if we could understand what's going on and hopefully avoid it, but we don't, we're clueless about it, acting as if it was not happening.
That's my opinion and you have yours.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
mass shootings are overrated. while obviously extremely tragic, the media tends to make them the center of attention in crime and they play on people's emotions. believe me i'm crying for these victims. but hell at the end of the day and in the bigger picture they're statistically insignificant. maybe it's because i believe that if i were in charge i would work on fighting against the biggest contributors to gun violence first, which is NOT mass shootings.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It's be even more amazing if we could understand what's going on and hopefully avoid it, but we don't, we're clueless about it, acting as if it was not happening. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So by predicting the next one is somehow going to help understand whats going on?

What do you mean acting as if its not happening?

I say we should talk about it and even dare to try to predict. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree,

but what is gained from putting out thoughts on when the next will be?

How will that help understand why or whats going on?

I never said we shouldn't talk, quite the opposite.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Where it will occur is another thing, no disrespect to my American friends but probability and logic says it'll probably be somewhere in the U.S. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to this article, Europe has the same rate of mass shootings as the US.
Newsmax

edit on b000000302014-06-11T10:16:00-05:0010America/ChicagoWed, 11 Jun 2014 10:16:00 -05001000000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

"Europe" is bunch of countries(different government, different political ideologies, culture) etc, and US is a single country.

If you say.. um Paris VS US. something like that... then yeah.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
a reply to: butcherguy

"Europe" is bunch of countries(different government, different political ideologies, culture) etc, and US is a single country.

If you say.. um Paris VS US. something like that... then yeah.

EU doesn't exist... got it.

Anyway, the US is a group of 50 states... with different political ideologies, culture....... GUN LAWS, etc.
edit on bu302014-06-11T10:31:58-05:0010America/ChicagoWed, 11 Jun 2014 10:31:58 -050010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

As long as there are antidepressants being prescribed, there will be mass shootings. The link between the two has been solidly established. I'm sure there are exceptions, but it is a solid link.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Where it will occur is another thing, no disrespect to my American friends but probability and logic says it'll probably be somewhere in the U.S. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to this article, Europe has the same rate of mass shootings as the US.
Newsmax

Lets consider this

1. Europe (the EU) has 500 million people (Europe itself has 700 million)
2. Europe (the EU) is not a country, its made of almost 30 countries that more or less hate each other and / or are historically enemies.
3. As far as "guns per capita" goes, well, of course the US is higher, and in Europe we have our stupid laws but remember that what people dont get legally they will get it, one way or another. The really bad thing is... besides Switzerland, theres no country in Europe where you can assess a right number or get even a close statistic about how many guns are in the hands of citizens - criminals or not - because in this case its all a big blur since both of them have to acquire their guns the same way - through illegal means.
4. And no, that guy is wrong - Europe doesnt have no where near the "mass shootings", "killings", "rampages" or simple "homicides" by guns, knives, swords, grenades or assault-lollipops that the US has. That article actually is the only one to claim such a thing. In Europe something like that to happen is a really rare "freak occurrence" - there are shoot outs, dont get me wrong but, you cant really even put both of them in the same spreadsheet.

Conclusion. The EU / US shootings / rampages / killings whatever are merely due to culture. Not guns, not their availability. We've also became more "controllable" as a people than Americans. Americans are still a tough nut to crack and not these mind-controlled sheep that Europe has become for the past 80 to 100 years... Someone went through a lot of work to bend, smooth, control "violent free Europe". Now its the US time to be "converted" and people are cracking, breaking down and doing all kinds of crazy crap. Americans are not used to a lot of stuff that's been happening to their country lately. I could go on about this, but I wont... I'll just say that reducing all social and economical aspects that put people in tension and drive them to extremes and just put the blame on "Guns" its actually dumb and dangerous since it's basically ignoring the most important factors.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
shutting up about it and turning your backs on some thing like this is what has gotten our country in the shape it is in every one is to much of a coward to stand up say what is and what is not. We should focus on things of the such but I will say that there are many other things that we should be focusing on things like our leader that is killing us off little by little things like our leader using fake shootings just to get to take our guns away so much is going on our country and shutting up about it don't help at all. JMO

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

and US is a single country.

Yes

If you say.. um Paris VS US. something like that... then yeah. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, unless your joking or yes if you think Paris is a country. Most of world know Paris as the capital city of France.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

How did you have norway in that list did you forget about this guy; Anders Breivik!?

Anders

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
No, unless your joking or yes if you think Paris is a country. Most of world know Paris as the capital city of France.

Oops brain fart, i meant to say Europe vs US is like saying Paris vs US.

How did you have norway in that list did you forget about this guy; Anders Breivik!?

Anders

The frequency of such things is not common.

originally posted by: butcherguy

EU doesn't exist... got it.

Anyway, the US is a group of 50 states... with different political ideologies, culture....... GUN LAWS, etc.

Yeah but one government that governs all states.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join