It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama praises Australia's gun control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Might not be all bad. Australia does have something the US doesnt. Namely homegrown machinegun factories:

The discovery of an underground weapons factory in Melbourne producing submachine-guns fitted with silencers is a dangerous development in the context of the city's gangland war, federal Justice Minister Chris Ellison warned yesterday.
link

And international weapons smuggling rings:

In the small township of Remscheid, Germany, up to 300 brand new Austrian-made Glock handguns were disassembled, packed in boxes with inconspicuous labels such as "plastic" and "metal", and shipped to Sydney.

They passed without notice under the nose of Customs and, once on the ground, the parts were reassembled for sale on the Australian blackmarket - straight into the heartland of a city in the grip of a drive-by epidemic.
link

Well, I guess the US has the smuggling rings. Only they're run by the ATF.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
one massacre in history lol
A massacre that wouldn't of happened if it wasn't planned...

the only every fake drug hoax in Tasmania's history a Fake stash of Heroin under a bridge a hour half away to distract the only local police in that area while the shooting took place, soon after they had confirmed they had arrived at the fake drugs the shootings started....

If thats not enough to say it wasn't planned look at some other crucial facts on how that day went..

Gun laws pffft criminals here have guns, Just last night there was a shooting in the Tasmania city of Launceston, Kings Meadows..

We get this weekly...

Gun laws are writing on the wall for those insecure people, who need it to feel safer, its the placebo effect as long as its writing on the wall they will feel safer....

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If this man thinks he can unilaterally overturn a constitutional right the country is in deep trouble.I dont own any weapons but do respect the peoples right who do.
edit on CDTWedam3961 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It blows my mind when Obama says "unfortunately there's not enough support in Congress" to ban guns but if he had his way, something would get passed anyway.

In other words, the American people DO NOT WANT more gun laws. It's not that hard to understand. Instead of admitting that Americans do not believe that gun laws are the answer, they demonize the NRA... because apparently, in the world of the American Liberal, the NRA just has its own agenda and isn't representing MILLIONS of American gun owners. It makes me want to beat my head against a wall.

Unfortunately, the passage of Obamacare is all the proof we need that he and his cohorts in Congress couldn't care less about the will of the people.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
If this man thinks he can unilaterally overturn a constitutional right the country is in deep trouble.

Oh, after Obamacare, nothing surprises me. Before Obamacare, I thought maybe we still had some hope. He believes he can do whatever he wants because he can. It started (more or less) with Bush after 9/11. Really that was the "catalyzing event" that caused so many people to switch off their common sense. After that, 8 years of the worst political turbulence I can ever remember in my lifetime cleared a wide path for Obama. Then, once he was in (and especially once he'd been reelected) the door was wide open for any kind of radical political agenda. Who even knows what awaits us in 2016? I feel a deep sense of foreboding, however, that things are only going to get worse.
edit on 11-6-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
Well, here you go, in black and white, from no less than an Australian newspaper.

link to Sydney Morning Herald article

“Couple of decades ago, Australia had a mass shooting, similar to Columbine or Newtown. And Australia just said, well, that’s it, we’re not doing, we’re not seeing that again, and basically imposed very severe, tough gun laws, and they haven’t had a mass shooting since,” said the president in a pre-arranged session held to discuss his plans to help cut student debt.

Over and over and over again, I keep hearing gun control folks harping on how nobody wants to take our guns. Well, here's a counter indicator. If he's praising Australia's gun laws like this, then this does, indeed, seem to indicate that he's all for mass gun confiscation, which is exactly what Australia did.

I don't know if you've noticed, but liberals lie about everything, all the time.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
Why doesn't he praise Swiss gun laws?

In fact I think the US should do what the Swiss do, compulsory conscription into the military where they learn how to handle and respect the weapons they own and use.

Might drag some of the deadbeats out of the gutter too.

As for Australian gun laws, they look like they work well on paper, especially when put against the US, but we have a fraction of the population and a fraction of homicides.

I like the Swiss.

Every home has to have a fallout shelter.

And their soldiers get to take their weapons home with them.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Well that is too bad Mr. Obama, thank goodness for that littler pesky document call the American constitution and that littler entry on the second amendment, darn is so important the founding fathers made it the second,

Didnt you know he moved that document to the oval office bathroom right beside the toilet one piece at a time. Wipe flush repeat.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Lostinthedarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

Actually Bush did that already, he believed that the constitution was nothing more than "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!" .

Perhaps Obama just did it, indeed, wipe his butt hole with it, turning the paper into a toilet one, after all it seems that lately we have presidents that do not give a darn about that document anymore, hell we don't even need congress with the executive pen in power this days, then we don't need the judicial branch either, lets make it dictatorship.

And people still doesn't understand why we need weapons, hell is to protect us from the tugs in Washington.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
Well, here you go, in black and white, from no less than an Australian newspaper.

link to Sydney Morning Herald article

“Couple of decades ago, Australia had a mass shooting, similar to Columbine or Newtown. And Australia just said, well, that’s it, we’re not doing, we’re not seeing that again, and basically imposed very severe, tough gun laws, and they haven’t had a mass shooting since,” said the president in a pre-arranged session held to discuss his plans to help cut student debt.

Over and over and over again, I keep hearing gun control folks harping on how nobody wants to take our guns. Well, here's a counter indicator. If he's praising Australia's gun laws like this, then this does, indeed, seem to indicate that he's all for mass gun confiscation, which is exactly what Australia did.

I don't know if you've noticed, but liberals lie about everything, all the time.

So do Republicans. But liberals actually get away with it, whereas Republicans might get away with it for a short while but there is usually a time of political reckoning for them.

And also, the great unwashed tends to have unlimited tolerance for liberal corruption and lies, where they don't even wait for a Republican/conservative or libertarian to tell a lie before they villainize them. They know which side their bread is buttered on. If you don't want to work and you want the government to run everything, who cares about lies and corruption? As long as the welfare checks keep coming and the evil rich people have to move their factories to China. Who needs a job anyway?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join