Obama praises Australia's gun control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well, here you go, in black and white, from no less than an Australian newspaper.

link to Sydney Morning Herald article

“Couple of decades ago, Australia had a mass shooting, similar to Columbine or Newtown. And Australia just said, well, that’s it, we’re not doing, we’re not seeing that again, and basically imposed very severe, tough gun laws, and they haven’t had a mass shooting since,” said the president in a pre-arranged session held to discuss his plans to help cut student debt.

Over and over and over again, I keep hearing gun control folks harping on how nobody wants to take our guns. Well, here's a counter indicator. If he's praising Australia's gun laws like this, then this does, indeed, seem to indicate that he's all for mass gun confiscation, which is exactly what Australia did.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Of *Course* Obama and all ultra-Progressives are for gun confiscation.

They use every single opportunity to show their hand.

The ultra-Left is all about authoritarianism & totalitarianism 100% no compromises.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

The puppet masters most certainly would like to take the guns away!! Look to history as to what happened to a disarmed population that had a psychopathic government with nefarious objectives! I do not really need to list them simply look up the definition of genocide.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Indeed, and Obamanation and Reid both declared they would do everything to get rid of lawful guns even to the point of defying public opinion and input on that issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This one kinda fits in with it I suppose..

White House: Obama Looking to Act ‘Administratively, Unilaterally’ on Guns

It's been a rough news day.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well that is too bad Mr. Obama, thank goodness for that littler pesky document call the American constitution and that littler entry on the second amendment, darn is so important the founding fathers made it the second,

Unfortunately, Australia doesn't have the same type of rights and are not bless with a powerful constitutional document, the citizens of Australia are at the mercy of their government.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Interestingly he is blowing hot air, because challenging the constitution has proven over and over an issue that only congress can take in, usually the supreme court has been very explicit on the second amendment and always in favor.

Mr. Frog in the white house can use his pen on whatever he wants but on this one, he knows it will be no win for him.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Well, there go ammo prices.

And for being a Constitutional Scholar, he sure seems ignorant.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Over and over again we hear gun nuts force feeding us there need to own a weapon to kill people.

Violent crimes are down in the usa, guns sales are up, media coverage is up, and rabid people foam to the mouth saying from my cold hands.

Funny has hell

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What is funny as hell is the rabid left lying,cheating and trying to steal their way to gun confiscation.Not going to happen,ever.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What is funny as hell is the rabid left lying,cheating and trying to steal their way to gun confiscation.Not going to happen,ever.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Australia started out as a British penal colony and they continue to be one of the prototypes for the NWO...

Keep an eye on that country and the authoritarian laws they implement if you want to know what they have in store for the U.S. ...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Violent crimes are down in the usa, guns sales are up, media coverage is up, and rabid people foam to the mouth saying from my cold hands.

You're absolutely right, which is what makes his praising of Australia and their gun laws and confiscation so strange. Violent crime are down while gun sales are up, yet still he seems to want to take guns away from as many as possible.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Mark my words if there is an attempted breech of the 1st or 2nd there will be large problems for our politicians...thats my assessment of things. I think people will break at that point.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

If they think they eradicated semi-automatic weapons in Australia they are dreaming... I have met some interesting people in my country and these babies are by no means extinct. They can praise their own bs all they want.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Couple of decades ago, Australia had a mass shooting, similar to Columbine or Newtown. And Australia just said, well, that’s it, we’re not doing, we’re not seeing that again, and basically imposed very severe, tough gun laws, and they haven’t had a mass shooting since,” said the president in a pre-arranged session held to discuss his plans to help cut student debt. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What ?

Who needs to look at Austrailia's gun control laws.

We have them 'gun free zones' like Schools, and cities like Chicago, and Washington DC.

That has IMPOSED VERY SEVERE GUN LAWS for no GD reason since murder is ALREADY ILLEGAL.

And those places are no where near 'safe'.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Why doesn't he praise Swiss gun laws?

In fact I think the US should do what the Swiss do, compulsory conscription into the military where they learn how to handle and respect the weapons they own and use.

Might drag some of the deadbeats out of the gutter too.

As for Australian gun laws, they look like they work well on paper, especially when put against the US, but we have a fraction of the population and a fraction of homicides.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Well, one thing he deliberately did not mention is that massacre was alleged to have been carried out by 29 year old bloke with an intellectual age of 13 years, who had been placed into financial administration by the state and who was frightened by guns.

The kid pleaded guilty so he could get a TV in his cell and because his mother also told him to. Him mother told him to plead guilty because his lawyer from hell, a QC if you don't mind, prevailed on the mother to get the kid to plead guilty. The lawyer from hell was later disbarred from practicing law for working for the prosecution while he was supposed to be serving his client.

There was no forensic evidence to link the kid to the killings at all.

The state concerned had up to that time, an annual murder rate of 5-6 per year but the state went out and purchased a 24 bay mortuary truck 3 months before the event and sold it few months later.

The Calvary did not arrive until 6 hours after the events

I could go on

A bloke who had a half share in the motel at the site concerned knew the kid that pleaded guilty well and swore balk and white that he was not the killer.

I could go on.
edit on 11-6-2014 by learnatic because: typo

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
SMH

“Couple of decades ago, Australia had a mass shooting, similar to Columbine or Newtown. And Australia just said, well, that’s it, we’re not doing, we’re not seeing that again, and basically imposed very severe, tough gun laws, and they haven’t had a mass shooting since,”

“Our levels of gun violence are off the charts. There’s no advanced, developed country that would put up with this.”

Obama
... and so the seeds continue to be sown - America, expect a mass shooting in the near future.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
Well, here you go, in black and white, from no less than an Australian newspaper.

Over and over and over again, I keep hearing gun control folks harping on how nobody wants to take our guns. Well, here's a counter indicator. If he's praising Australia's gun laws like this, then this does, indeed, seem to indicate that he's all for mass gun confiscation, which is exactly what Australia did.

Actually, here's what I think they're up to.

Gun control? Gun bans? Maybe eventually. But more power and more control is an easier prize for them right now and will enable them to do more later.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join