It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammosexual?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Attention or not. It is a Right being Exercised.

People getting scared is their problem to deal with on their own.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

ok, well in Canada women have the right to go topless...

But you don't see any of them running around saying "look how big & beautiful my breasts are!!"

The only reason people carry a gun like that is to show everyone they love their guns... they're looking for attention, likely because without said gun they would probably get none from anyone...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

But you don't see any of them running around saying "look how big & beautiful my breasts are!!"

The only reason people carry a gun like that is to show everyone they love their guns... they're looking for attention, likely because without said gun they would probably get none from anyone...

We are not talking about Canada.

Regardless of the reason why, it is still a Right We are allowed to exercise.
Just because people are either fearful and/or ignorant to the law means that they need to address their personal issues on their own.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: CB328

This recent surge in brandishing weapons is insulting to any normal gun owner

And it's terrifying to any sane person. Our country is degenerating into Afghanistan.

Drama Llama much? These incidents are organized protests by law abiding people whom you have nothing to fear of.
We have everything to fear from anyone f-ing stupid enough to carry a weapon in this manner into a resturant. It shows a complete lack of decision making skills and serves to ruin what small reputation gun owners had in the first place. These are the type of people that would trip over there shoe lace and kill someone. Like i said they broke many mental barriers when they decided to do this. Texas should be open carry but they are doing nothing to change that.

Yeah, and no. There were similar stupid laws in VA where it was illegal to carry your CCW into a restaurant but perfectly legal to OC in the same restaurant. The VA people did the same thing, but with handguns, they carried into restaurants and had lunch or dinner. Police were called. Police said that they did everything perfectly legal. People got used to the sight and started not to freak out. Law was changed to allow CCW in the restaurant.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: macman How do you feel about the way that right is being exercised got many establishments that never gave thought to ban weapons has now banned them. Do you see how exercising the right without manners is hurting the rights existance? Would any of you that are debating in this thread carry a weapon in the manner as in the pics into a place of business? I was not even allowed to wear a hat at the dinner table and i'm certain that most of you were raised with more respect than what is happening in tx.

On the other hand i am now reading up on the laws in tx and it seems as though legislature has funneled the rights into what we see here but there is got to be a better way to combat these laws besides becoming the seemingly ignorant thugs that is being portrayed here.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: macman How do you feel about the way that right is being exercised got many establishments that never gave thought to ban weapons has now banned them. Do you see how exercising the right without manners is hurting the rights existance? Would any of you that are debating in this thread carry a weapon in the manner as in the pics into a place of business? I was not even allowed to wear a hat at the dinner table and i'm certain that most of you were raised with more respect than what is happening in tx.

On the other hand i am now reading up on the laws in tx and it seems as though legislature has funneled the rights into what we see here but there is got to be a better way to combat these laws besides becoming the seemingly ignorant thugs that is being portrayed here.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

This recent surge in brandishing weapons is insulting to any normal gun owner

And it's terrifying to any sane person. Our country is degenerating into Afghanistan.

Drama Llama much? These incidents are organized protests by law abiding people whom you have nothing to fear of.
We have everything to fear from anyone f-ing stupid enough to carry a weapon in this manner into a resturant. It shows a complete lack of decision making skills and serves to ruin what small reputation gun owners had in the first place. These are the type of people that would trip over there shoe lace and kill someone. Like i said they broke many mental barriers when they decided to do this. Texas should be open carry but they are doing nothing to change that.

Yeah, and no. There were similar stupid laws in VA where it was illegal to carry your CCW into a restaurant but perfectly legal to OC in the same restaurant. The VA people did the same thing, but with handguns, they carried into restaurants and had lunch or dinner. Police were called. Police said that they did everything perfectly legal. People got used to the sight and started not to freak out. Law was changed to allow CCW in the restaurant.

That makes sense but there is a giant difference in carring a long gun or assult rifle vs carring a holstered pistol. I hope no one on this thread is taking any thing said personal as i value the conversation just as i value the 2nd. My motto has always been to keep it where it is not seen and do nothing to break the law and everyone goes home safe.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

How do you feel about the way that right is being exercised got many establishments that never gave thought to ban weapons has now banned them.

Well, first off, you shouldn't believe the crap that MDA puts out.
The companies that were petitioned for this didn't ban people. They, as a large percentage, asked that people refrain from bringing rifles into the stores. There is no ban.
The Chipotle incident in Texas had to do with Texas law making it illegal for firearms inside a restaurant that serves alcohol.

And as for any company banning firearms?? It is their right, if you are okay with a business, that is supposed to not discriminate, to do so. I will not be mad with them, or fight them on that. I will take my money elsewhere.

Do you see how exercising the right without manners is hurting the rights existance?

Manners in what realm??

This isn't about manners. It is about ignorant people fearing an object and people with an object. The fear stems from not being able to control others.

Would any of you that are debating in this thread carry a weapon in the manner as in the pics into a place of business?

I have the right to do so, where legal and where the business welcomes those that wish to exercise their rights.

I was not even allowed to wear a hat at the dinner table and i'm certain that most of you were raised with more respect than what is happening in tx.

One has nothing to do with the other.

It is a start to being aware of laws and rights.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Manners in what realm??

This isn't about manners. It is about ignorant people fearing an object and people with an object. The fear stems from not being able to control others.

It is completly about manners and the small minded idealolgy that makes you think it is ok to carry assult weapons or long rifles indoors in a public business just because you can or because some law says it is not wrong. It will not stand and the lack of morles involved will drive this to a whole new level if it continues.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

It is completly about manners and the small minded idealolgy that makes you think it is ok to carry assult weapons or long rifles indoors in a public business just because you can or because some law says it is not wrong. It will not stand and the lack of morles involved will drive this to a whole new level if it continues.

So, let me get this straight.

I, and every other US Citizen, are supposed to capitulate to the wants and whims of a few, that fear an inanimate object, and not exercise an expressed Right, because it isn't polite???

That is the most moronic reason to not exercise a right I have heard yet.

It isn't "polite" that people walk around with such opinions. Shall they now shut their mouths???
It isn't "polite" that one person would state another must forgo their rights, so another can live without fear.

You truly have no idea as to what our freedoms mean.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster
I wonder what those 2nd Amendment Right folks would do if 300 heavily armed black men showed up to one of their rallies?

# themselves, I would imagine. Then push for stricter gun laws.

All those white folks with guns making you nervous are they?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Oh I see your massive intellect is at work again Akragon! Been reading some Sigmund of late? LOL I mean you are the one showing off your "BB" gun! LOL
edit on 13-6-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Ccw isnt enough for you. You want everyone to see and fear your gun. Walk around and flaunt that gun. Make the plebs cower in fear at your steel manhood. Look at you big man behind that gun. Lose the piece and all you have is a pathetic, scared wimp.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

"finger covering the trigger? check. smirking? check. I have everything I need to put his brains on the floor and win in court."

Bet youre salivating at the thought...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Oh I see your massive intellect is at work again Akragon! Been reading some Sigmund of late? LOL I mean you are the one showing off your "BB" gun! LOL

Can't seem to get away from your mockery and insults can I... how typical of you LOL

my little pop gun can barely shoot through both sides of a cigarette pack...

Its a glorified potato gun... it could hardly even be considered a gun...

And I still wouldn't carry it around like im frickin Rambo like these hero's

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
People's fears are not with the inanimate object.

Their fears are with the stranger carrying the inanimate object and not knowing what this stranger's intentions are, if any.

Nobody wants to find out the hard way that some stranger's intentions of carrying a weapon into a public venue is actually for the purpose of human target practice.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am pro-2nd amendment and I do not have a problem with these guys excising their rights, but to take your AK to Applebees is just stupid.

An open carry sidearm.....no problem, but this is over the top.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster
I wonder what those 2nd Amendment Right folks would do if 300 heavily armed black men showed up to one of their rallies?

# themselves, I would imagine. Then push for stricter gun laws.

You do realize that the infamous picture of the man carting around an "assault rifle" at the TEA Party rally was cropped? Do you know why it was cropped? It was cropped because the man carting around the assault rifle was black. Guess what? Nothing bad happened to him the whole day apparently. If it had, it would have been all over the news and they wouldn't have had to circulate cropped photos of him to try to make TEA Party folks like crazy, assault rifle packing, racists.

Contrast that will Kenneth Gladny, the black man selling Gadsden merchandise who got beaten up by union thugs in St. Louis.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My husband and I talked about this one over supper the other night. I don't see the point of open carrying a long gun in most places although I could be fine with an open carry pistol. After all, how many times have you gone into a place where the cops are? They open carry all the time and no one cares, but they have holstered pistols.

However, I could see a case for open carry of a long gun during hunting season. You and your crew are out hunting or returning and you don't want to leave your guns in the car for whatever reason. However, in those cases, I would think it would be obvious that your are hunters and you have hunting pieces, and you aren't going to be doing it in most urban areas.

For most of these guys, they're being as obnoxious in proving a point as any homosexual couple macking heavily on each other in public. They're just daring people to take issue with it so they can rub your nose in their "rights" and for no other reason. Yeah, maybe they can, but should they?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
People's fears are not with the inanimate object.

Their fears are with the stranger carrying the inanimate object and not knowing what this stranger's intentions are, if any.

Nobody wants to find out the hard way that some stranger's intentions of carrying a weapon into a public venue is actually for the purpose of human target practice.

So, people fear someone with a gun shown, but the ignorance to those with a hidden gun is fine.

It is still irrational. Millions of people are armed, everyday, in all places and because those that are fearful don't see the firearm, they are fine with life and continue on.

I guess that only threats openly carry firearms, and don't conceal them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join