It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammosexual?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I've been saying it for years — it's not guns or gun ownership that make non-gun owners nervous, it's the obsessed nuts. It's natural for something like this to make a person nervous:

How are you supposed to know when to perceive a threat when every stranger you encounter has a rifle slung over his shoulder? These guys come walking in:

I'm probably not hanging around to find out if they're there to assassinate some girl that rejected them in high school.

img src
img src

finger covering the trigger? check. smirking? check. I have everything I need to put his brains on the floor and win in court.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yea i was wrong for posting the thought that the surge in gun and ammo sales went up when we got a black president. That was kneejerk but based on my own perception of the last few years these assult weapons became very popular. I myself started carrying a gun everyday everywhere i go because of nuts like these that do not have any manners or common sense enough to see that the second ammendment will never hold up if this continues. There are too many people that want to eat without having to keep an eye out for one of them tripping and falling or even getting mad at someone. Open carry is a good thing but this is not right and is ruining it for everyone. too bad we don't have a weapon that fires common sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Carrying a gun is one thing, but why carry an assault riffle?

Because we have the right to.

Don't need to provide need.

Why do you need to watch Bill Maher?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm still confused as to what these "assault rifles" everyone is jawjacking about are. Is that a particular caliber? I've heard it said that it has to do with the style of grips, but that would just be a ridiculous way to classify a firearm... it can't have to do with physically assaulting someone because, if that were the case, that chick that belted the other gal in the back of the head with a thrown spade would have been accused of using an "assault shovel," right?

Oh, wait... silly me, I forgot that logic has no place in conversations about the irrational and purely emotional fear and hatred of firearms in America.

*facepalm*

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How hard is it to understand that the bigger the gun the more attention that will be drawn to it. No body wants to eat while some jackass is waiving a long gun around. What is wrong with open carry a pistol holstered while you are indoors. Mark my words if gun owners don't get their heads out of their buts on this issue it will only serve to bring much violence over an issue that has to do with manners not rights. Just look at what these idiots have done to the second already forcing eaterys to ban firearms because they don't understand that we are all in this together.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Because we have the right to.

Don't need to provide need.

Why do you need to watch Bill Maher?

Well thats a silly question...

I don't need to watch his show... I like to watch it...

He cracks me up

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Actually no youd still get convicted of murder. Why? because the finger has to be ON the trigger AND it has to be cocked locked and ready to rock. Oh and lets not forget you have to have it pointed at you as well. ALso almost all of them carying that day had no ammo in the clips they had in those rifles

But do feel free to argue that to the police if you ever do.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
a reply to: tadaman
Sorry about having no warning, I didn't want to spoil the ending.

You know that the video was faked right?

I've watched most Joerg's videos, his slingshots are awesome.
edit on 2014-6-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Any semi auto weapon can be used as an automatic using the bump fire technique.

Firing a semi automatic weapon as an automatic...Bump Fire.

So, technically, yes, a semi automatic rifle can be used as an assault rifle.
edit on 11-6-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: weirdguy
a reply to: tadaman
Sorry about having no warning, I didn't want to spoil the ending.

You know that the video was faked right?

I've watched most Joerg's videos, his slingshots are awesome.

BOOOO!!!

You spoilt it for me LOL

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Thank god lol. That was a good fake though, had me fooled.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
oh man, that is kind of disappointing. And now I am disappointed with myself for feeling disappointed that the guy with a 20mm steel ball lodged into his forehead was a fake. oh well, still good for a laugh

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I was a little bored today so I decided to pick up a new toy...

haha!!

Got me a gun! kinda....

Just for a bit of fun in the back yard... beer cans and such...

Yup... guns are fun, but have you ever seen one of those people that take it too far.... We're talkin gun love?

DO you know any Ammosexuals?

Heres a better question... Do you agree with it?

Are these people expecting an invasion or something?

The idea behind these protests in Texas is to demonstrate the absurd nature of state laws that say you cannot open carry a pistol on your belt, but can have a concealed carry permit, but also can openly carry a long arm. The goal, misguided or not, is to have the law changed to permit open and concealed pistol carry with a permit. As it stands now, if you have a concealed carry permit but your CCW pistol is seen, such as taking off your jacket, you become an instant criminal.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
How hard is it to understand that the bigger the gun the more attention that will be drawn to it. No body wants to eat while some jackass is waiving a long gun around. What is wrong with open carry a pistol holstered while you are indoors. Mark my words if gun owners don't get their heads out of their buts on this issue it will only serve to bring much violence over an issue that has to do with manners not rights. Just look at what these idiots have done to the second already forcing eaterys to ban firearms because they don't understand that we are all in this together.

See my earlier post. It is illegal to open carry a pistol but legal to open carry a rifle so these protests are designed to demonstrate how silly that law is and get it change. It may backfire on them, but that is their intent.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

This recent surge in brandishing weapons is insulting to any normal gun owner

And it's terrifying to any sane person. Our country is degenerating into Afghanistan.

Drama Llama much? These incidents are organized protests by law abiding people whom you have nothing to fear of.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Just as silly as to asking someone to provide "need" when exercising a right.

Maher is an ignorant jackass with a camera.
I don't look to silence him, nor deny you to watch him.
He entertains you, and you enjoy watching him.
Watch on and enjoy your life.

Now, care to allow others to do the same?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: deadeyedick

See my earlier post. It is illegal to open carry a pistol but legal to open carry a rifle so these protests are designed to demonstrate how silly that law is and get it change. It may backfire on them, but that is their intent.
Well that was news to me. Much of my life it has been legal and a way of life to open carry and anyone carrying a long gun into a business other than weapons store would not go over well. They certainly choose the wrong path without much thought on the subject. The food places were right to ban because these idiots would have been shot in some cases and rightly so. They done a huge disservice to the 2nd. I wonder how many of these boys in the picture know how to contact their law makers instead of putting fear into women and children. I have met many people that are just waiting to meet great thinkers such as these.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: CB328

This recent surge in brandishing weapons is insulting to any normal gun owner

And it's terrifying to any sane person. Our country is degenerating into Afghanistan.

Drama Llama much? These incidents are organized protests by law abiding people whom you have nothing to fear of.
We have everything to fear from anyone f-ing stupid enough to carry a weapon in this manner into a resturant. It shows a complete lack of decision making skills and serves to ruin what small reputation gun owners had in the first place. These are the type of people that would trip over there shoe lace and kill someone. Like i said they broke many mental barriers when they decided to do this. Texas should be open carry but they are doing nothing to change that.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

So, people should not exercise a right?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Just as silly as to asking someone to provide "need" when exercising a right.

Maher is an ignorant jackass with a camera.
I don't look to silence him, nor deny you to watch him.
He entertains you, and you enjoy watching him.
Watch on and enjoy your life.

Now, care to allow others to do the same?

Care to point out exactly where I said anything about providing a need for anything?

Of course its a right to carry a gun in your country...

The point of this thread is that some people take that right to another level... by carrying something that is obviously trying to draw attention

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join