It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Police race to active shooter at Reynolds High School

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Obama cites Australia’s gun confiscation program as example for US

The Obama administration may be looking for an example in Australia as the White House considers potential new firearm laws for the United States in the wake of the latest in a series of devastating school shootings.

US President Barack Obama cited gun rules in America’s down under ally during remarks that were broadcast on the web Tuesday afternoon only hours after a gunman entered a high school near Portland, Oregon and opened fire, killing a student.

“A couple of decades ago Australia had a mass shooting similar to Columbine or Newtown, and Australia just said, ‘Well, that’s it. We’re not doing — we’re not seeing that again,’ and basically imposed very severe, tough gun laws, and they haven’t had a mass shooting since. I mean, our levels of gun violence are off the charts. There’s no other advanced, developed country on earth that would put up with this,” Obama added.

Obama cites Australia’s gun confiscation program as example for US

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
Oregon high school shooter had AR-15, semi-automatic handgun, 9 loaded magazines with several hundred rounds - @Oregonian

Should have been locked up.

"The weapons had been secured but he defeated the security measures," Anderson said.
Oops. Damn children being smart like apes.

The magazines are curious. Several hundred rounds they say? 9*30 (size of a standard AR mag) = 180 rounds.
Were they special 40 round, 60 round or 100 round magazines?

Oh, what's this?

The shooter later encountered officers in a hallway. After a brief exchange of gunfire, he fled into a restroom and was later found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said.

So what stopped a bad guy with a gun? Hmmm..... it's in there somewhere.
edit on 11-6-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
All these school shootings can be attributed to careless/ignorant/lazy parents. How do these kids even get firearms? Why are the weapons not locked away like mine are?

Bullying of course also plays a huge role.

Just remember, it's not the guns that are dangerous. Remember the kid from the Pittsburgh area who went on a rampage with a knife? Where are all the "ban knives" advocates?

That's all I'm saying. Go ahead and ban guns, bullied kids will just use something else.

If I had the means, you can bet I'd put an end to sensationalist media. Rarely do we hear about guns SAVING people's lives, even though they do all the time.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You know, with yet another school shooting taking place, I can't help but think that if there IS some sort of plan going on that leads to a government decision to ban firearms..then the wheels are in motion and things will soon reach a disasterous climax.
I cannot believe that suddenly, all the nut jobs in the US are coming out of the woodwork at the same time without some form of provocation.
Be they psychos for real, people given psychotropic drugs or manchurian candidates I don't know, but whats the honest possibilty of so many people loosing it at the same time and commiting multiple murders in the same style??

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: starviego
That was a student who had a gun on him but was not involved in the incident

He has been IDed as one Joseff Powell, 21.

He said he had heard about the shooting from his mom and had gone to the school to help his sister, a student at the school. He said he didn't know he had the gun on him.(yeah right)

www.oregonlive.com...
According to a probable cause affidavit filed with the court, a Multnomah County sheriff's sergeant came across Powell near a church parking lot where police had corralled students after the shooting.
The officer saw Powell trying to walk around the search checkpoint, and motioned him over to the search area.

Except the witness said he saw this guy inside the school while shots were ringing out, and was discovered during a pat down while leaving the school.
www.youtube.com...

Note the police statement doesn't actually lie, they just make it seem like he was there trying to get into the crime scene. They think they are clever. So in my opinion what we're looking at is the pic of an unindicted co-conspirator.

edit on 11-6-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This kid was only 15 years old? Hell, he could pass for 25:

------------------------------

Here is where Lee Harvey Padgett learned how to fire his weapon:

koin.com...
Padgett often talked about joining the military, and was enrolled in the armed forces Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Core (JROTC)

www.oregonlive.com...
Padgett showed up with his own Army combat uniform before they were handed out in class.
During the first semester, JROTC students were required to wear either the combat uniform or a dress uniform on Wednesdays, (student Agustin)Guzman said. But Padgett, he said, often wore his every day of the week.

------------------------

Prior contact with the military is a commonality in these types of flase-flag events:

Seized from the Lanza household:

"green uniform-pants and top/tunic"
[BOOK FOUR pg4 of 69]

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Uh oh, I smell an agenda:

scallywagandvagabond.com...
Perhaps disturbingly Padgett Facebook pages likes included... a number of political pages such as, “Conservative American Military Veterans Against Barack Obama,” and, “We WILL NOT Be Disarmed.”

--------------------------

Here is a pic of his brother Lucas Padgett, who served in Afghanistan. In this pic, he doesn't look like regular army. Blackwater? Hmmmm...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

If you (or anyone else) wants to do the leg work, I just noticed in a fb post made by his sister that a friend of her's made the following comment....." Calm down, you're pregnant. He will be fine......but how can 1 family be so close to 2 public shootings? Weird. He'll be fine, you were and he will be."

2 public shootings?

One can confirm that for themselves as I am too tired to do all the work required not to personally identify people and am not sure about going that route here because...T&C....but respect as well. (There are those that will bug the piss out of these people and right now, they don't need that)....

Anyways, just throwing that out there...
Would REALLY like to know what this 2nd shooting would be....maybe others already know?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
They are referring to the 12-11-12 Clackamas Town Center Mall, Oregon shooting that left 3 dead and 1 wounded. Padgett allegedly lived in Clackamas, another suburb of Portland. More on that suspicious event here:

signofthetimes.yuku.com...-bSimVkE

But how "close" was Padgett to that event? I suspect they mean closer than just living in the same part of town.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Stop for a moment and think about it. How many times on here have you seen somebody say that if something like this happened around them, they would put a stop to it themselves. There was another interview where a mother was going to run into the school as well before losing it at the sound of gunfire and being ordered back by police. Heck if I was there, I'd be really hard pressed not to try to help regardless of whether I had a family member in there.

Now, before you get too carried away with this guy, I'd like to remind you that this guy was only charged with the unlawful possession of a handgun. He went in with it with the thought of saving his sister. You sure you're down with borderline demonizing the guy for being human? You do know that insinuating that someone has done something or intended to do something illegal in writing, even on a forum, is still libel and defamation, right?

PS. I know several people personally who were in the mall when Roberts started firing. They saw him and they saw what he did.
edit on 12/6/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You do know that insinuating that someone has done something or intended to do something illegal in writing, even on a forum, is still libel and defamation, right?

Isn't that what the District Attorney does everyday? Anyway, it's not nearly as illegal as participating in a conspiracy to commit murder.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

You do know that insinuating that someone has done something or intended to do something illegal in writing, even on a forum, is still libel and defamation, right?

Isn't that what the District Attorney does everyday? Anyway, it's not nearly as illegal as participating in a conspiracy to commit murder.

Which District Attorney? Last I checked, there were a whole lot of those. Powell was charged and pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of a fire arm and the people who talked with him and checked out his story were obviously satisfied. They were the ones that actually did investigatory work to make their determination. You, on the other hand, are letting your imagination go wild coupled with promoting your own website and barely skirting accusing somebody who wasn't charged with anything more than the above of conspiring to murder. That IS defamation.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ahhhhhh! ....the skeptics. In the netherworld of the conspiracy debunker, an adult intruder--caught with a concealed weapon in the school where multiple gunmen are reported and obviously lying about how he got there--is considered to be entirely innocent. Hey man, it's your fantasy. More power to you.

-------------------------

What's that thing in his ear? Did he leave his ear plugs in? Dohhhh!!

Also note they shifted the cuffs around to the front. He must be one of those suspects that get to sit in the front seat of the police car!!
edit on 12-6-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

So, because I knew people who experienced a shooting directly and a few other things, I'm a conspiracy debunker. It's called giving an alternate opinion with the same data. Was what the guy did dumb? Maybe so but if I can put myself in his shoes, I'm not sure if I would have done anything different as a mom. When it comes to your family, rushing in to save your family isn't unusual.

The real issue I have is that you're claiming that all of these events are false flag events. This kind of thing has been going on for decades and the birthing of a monster in society is something that happens. I don't sit here and try to make those who'd do something like this "excused" because they were brainwashed or anything like that. I see them for what they are--that anomaly that occasionally appears within society that is willing to do grievous harm. They are the same ilk as a serial killer but instead of sneaking around for decades, they go out with a bang.

Warning--not for the faint of heart and animal lovers: I'm at least aware that some of us are capable of being monsters and yes, even kids can be monstrous. Luke Woodham abused his dog, Sparkle for a long time. When he injured the dog in an obvious and identifiable way, he stuffed Sparkle in a bag. He called Sparkle a "loved one" in the same paragraph where he described beating the dog, tying her up in a plastic bag, and then bagged her again. Then he and a friend beat her with a billy club as she howled. Then he set her on fire while she was still alive and the bag melted. Sparkle stuck her head out, totally engulfed in flames by Woodham's own words and they sprayed lighter fluid in her mouth.

That's the kind of person you're claiming were influenced by whatever to do what they did. They are the darkest side of humanity that you can ever behold and all you have to do is read their own journals to comprehend that.

There be monsters here.

www.schoolshooters.info...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The brother was no ordinary soldier, no sir:

heavy.com...
Lucas Padgett attended Special Forces school at the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center in Fort Bragg, his Facebook school said. The 24-year-old now works as a sales agent for Farmers Insurance. He graduated from Reynolds High in 2008.

en.wikipedia.org...
The U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School (SWCS) – known informally as "Swick" – primarily trains and educates United States Army personnel for the United States Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) and United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM), which includes Special Forces, Civil Affairs, and Psychological Operations personnel.

Coincidence? Of course, what else could it be?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Many departments have rules stating that juveniles and pregnant women will be handcuffed in the front, not the back.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Many departments have rules stating that juveniles and pregnant women will be handcuffed in the front, not the back.

He's pregnant? Good Find!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
And he's just the right age for the mind controlled slave/assassin typically used. Here he's mentioned briefly in an article. He should be looked at seriously if there's to be a legitimate investigation.

Meanwhile, police revealed that a gun-toting man found near the high school after the shooting was 21-year-old Joseph Powell. He told cops he had raced to the school to protect his sister, who is a freshman. Powell was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...
www.nydailynews.com...

Why is there no mention of what type of gun he was packing? He just gave his excuse to the cops and that's the end of looking at him? Very suspicious that all these shootings have 2 or 3 gunman running around, and it's always whittled down to a lone gunman (the patsy).

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

In that Youtube video the witness in the green t-shirt says at :25, We were all going in for finals 7th period...", I thought the shooting happened at 8:10 am local time. When I went to high school 7th period was the last class of the day (afternoon). Could he mean that 7th period as a segment of the school year?

It's much more important though, that he mentions the 2nd gunman in the school and gunshots going off all over the school. That sounds like an orchestrated shooting by the agenda driven "folks", if you know who I'm referring to. Folks being a strong hint. Who uses the word folks all the time?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
When I went to high school 7th period was the last class of the day (afternoon). Could he mean that 7th period as a segment of the school year?

When I was in High School we had a rotating schedule where first period would move to the last period the next day and so on. We still called it 'first period' however.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join