It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay this is a strange topic: things people do every day that movies leave out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This applies to the 'several day siege, hostage, terrorist hold etc' movies mostly.

Its meant to be an account of 72 hours or more, why does nobody ever need to take a pee? presuming of course they havnt already pee'd themselves.

Okay this ones never spoken about, but there are 3.5 billion women on the planet who need to do "feminine" things once a month, thats 100 million women every day that need to do women things... never ever comes up in a movie.

Blowing a nose.

Sneezing.

Simply scratching your ass when its itchy.

What else never comes up in movies?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
You never see jack bauer in 24 hours say "lets blow this door take out the 3 terrorists save the girl send the self destruct code to the nuclear missile heading to that children's orphanage but first, i really have to drain the snake, ive been running around for 18 hours already"

edit on b1313658 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Pick food from their teeth
Flick a bogey
Remove ear wax
Clean their specs
Forget where they left the car keys
Charge their mobile phone

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Good ones! like it!!!!

Okay how about also:
eat. (this one happens but never in long haul films like we are talking about)
yawn.
fend off bugs.
bad habbits, shewing nails, picking nails/scabs/spots/face/nose etc
illness, a cold, cough, a cold sore, lol pink eye

edit on b0909633 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Here's a couple for you,

That second video is just like my family on christmas day.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I quite liked Tarantino's Pulp Fiction when the hitman (John Travolta) leaves his machine gun on the counter while he pops to the toilet after hours of waiting around.

Even hitmen need to poop. Gave the film one more "real life" feel that made it feel like a story was being described in infinite detail from a good friend, than another hollywood plastic cgi 'master piece'.

The detail is in the detail

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
They never say, "goodbye" on the telephone

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dapaga

True, they also dont answer "hey bob whats up?" rather than "talk to me" or "whats the sitch?".

people also never seem to eat ever. even if your going A to B grab a sandwich you crazy alien killing human dreadnought.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Pulp Fiction had eating.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

things people do every day that movies leave out

Just say, "@%$# it!" and give up before attempting anything extravagant.

edit on 9-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dapaga

I never say 'goodbye' at the end of my phone conversations.
I just hang up.

Things they don't do in movies ....
No one ever has a head cold or has to shower or poop during drama movies.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

originally posted by: Biigs

Pulp Fiction had eating.

I think we all know pulp fiction is the exception.

I believe this is one of the things that made it great, real, gritty, strangely associable even though it was about gangsters which im not remotely connected to - but it made me feel like a 3rd guy in the movie.

Some times its not all about the plot and the explosions, the movies that make you feel fill in the gaps.

I find sci fi space movies particularly leave out human necessities.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You are a very smart puppy.

Excellent observation.

Now why would TPTB want us to NOT relate reality to MASS MEDIA PRODUCTIONS? Why would they need to REINFORCE the facts that this is entertainment value stuff by intentionally excluding tactile everyday Humanitarian realitys we all connect to?

Is it because they dont ever want us seeing their productions as anything but 100% science fiction,and is this because they are subversively interjecting truths into these Productions because a greater power is demanding they tell Humanity these truths,and are they afraid that if the masses make to much of a connection to reality on-screen that we might begin to figure things out?

It is trickery on a Global scale and YOU just caught on by looking at the things they DO NOT INCLUDE instead of only the things the do include,sheer genius.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well, back in the fifties they didn't show sex. The furthest they ever went was kissing.

So we seem to be making progress.

But seriously, the public really may not want it. Sure on Sci-Fi, once in a while, just to see how the toilets work, it would be good, but I can get a mirror and watch myself poop. I do not need to see it in movies. They are bad enough now without adding more useless crap.

P

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have seen them clean their glasses, but it is mostly for dramatic effect.
The bad guy cleans his glasses while telling the good guy how he will die, or a Doctor giving the bad news.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MinangATS
I have seen them clean their glasses, but it is mostly for dramatic effect.
The bad guy cleans his glasses while telling the good guy how he will die, or a Doctor giving the bad news.

I should have explained it better. Yes i have seen where they "wipe" over their glasses.
When i said clean their glasses, i meant to a actually spray cleaning fluid on them and then clean them with a cloth.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think what you are trying to say is Tarantino is not that idiot director that relies fully on CGI, lens flares and explosions.
I agree!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Sex hell, they didn't show married couples in the same bed until...
Wait for it...
Drum roll please...
The Brady Bunch!
BowChikaWowWow.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I'm sure there are some art house films out there that is doing exactly what you want.

But the question is, do you really want to see all the boring, non-plot progressing bits?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Sitting in front of a computer, at night, waiting for the drier to finish it's climatic spin and dry the work clothes for the next day, trawling through ATS posts. Surely there's a movie somewhere you could slot this into. Peter Jackson, the ball is in your hands.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join