It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 'Dingo' in my midst

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Surely the carrier can track the number down, even if it is a throwaway. Even pre-paid have identification, and last time I looked, sending threatening anything is still a crime.

I'm gonna go with a few people and say it was just a wrong number texting you instead of the proper recipient, although I guess you have to ask yourself if you've earned the ire of anyone lately that would make someone want to send something like that in the first place.

Had a similar incident a few years ago with a 'douchenozzle' (love that word btw), that reckoned I dobbed him in for centrelink fraud. Got all kinds of wonderful texts from him and random phone calls he was gonna come to my workplace and # me up and all that.

It ended rather quickly when I fronted at his doorstep in the process of sending one of his texts and called him out or I was gonna kick the door in and come and get him. He cried foul to the cops, but luckily the local copper who I knew personally had seen all the texts and had opted to ignore any calls to the address till the dust settled.

Needless to say I found him hiding in his bathroom, a smashed phone and a nice warning later and suddenly he had no further beef with me...

I'd be ringing Telstra or whoever this clown is with, and finding out who and why. Then go pay him a visit.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

Thanks 74. Very encouraging. And certainly I have opted with what you and 888 have suggested. Waiting for a call back from the carrier.

If it is a mistake then I want an apology. If I know the person and it wasn't a joke, then sure, game on.

Thanks for your reply,

Cheers Bally.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

G'day Expat,

Found this after being pointed in another direction. Looked it up on Wiki. You may find this interesting. I did and its been around for a while.

Never new about it.

SPOOFING

Caller ID spoofing is the practice of causing the telephone network to indicate to the receiver of a call that the originator of the call is a station other than the true originating station. For example, a Caller ID display might display a phone number different from that of the telephone from which the call was placed. The term is commonly used to describe situations in which the motivation is considered malicious by the speaker or writer.

Regards Bally

new topics

<< 1   >>

join